2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Are the Jets beginning to implode from within?

---------------------------------------------

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/un_served_rip_lkvpbkJjnt6S0F65ZD6mUM

*Shaun Ellis 'Frustrated' to hear Rex's roast:

"Jets defensive end Shaun Ellis couldn't believe his ears after the game; "The defense produced five sacks and three fumble recoveries, but according to Rex we played like [explanative]. He said we weren't good enough. I guess we needed a shutout. I guess that's what he was talking about. It's frustrating to hear that because we played a solid game. I don't know. I guess he just expects so much out of the defense that there should have been zero points on the board, not 10." Granted, the Jets lost to the Dolphins 10-6 and all losses are team losses, but the Jets' defense held the Dolphins to 131 yards of total offense, a total of six first downs (one in the second half) and just five completions. The criticism did not sit well with the defensive players, likely explaining why most of them bolted from the locker room before reporters were allowed in. Linebacker Bart Scott, the so-called leader of the group, had someone bring him his clothes from his locker."

ouch! -_-<_<

if rex saidthat then hes lost. ur offense has only scored 26 tds all year. do the math. pretty obvious where the prob is

If Rex really said that about the D then Shaun Ellis and every other Jets' defensive player has a right to be pissed off at him. They did not cost the Jets that game at all; their second coming of Broadway Joe Namath Quarterback/Offensive Coordinator/entire offense did. If you hold an opponent to that limited offensive production your offense has to win you the game, bottom line. Maybe Rex is mad they didn't get a pick 6....

That's Rex's dad talking...Buddy Ryan was also crazy like that, in that he wanted his defense to shut down the opponent's offense AND score points...Buddy EXPECTED his defenses to score points.

Well, it's reality check fellas. This team got a slap in the mouth vs New England, and should have been expected to bounce back, but NO, against a team we were confident we could beat. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? The Dolphins were 5-1 on the fvcking road. NOT EASY. Especially a division rival. It was a sh!t show all around. 2 fvcking mistakes fvcked us.. 2 OFFENSIVE mistakes. Our O-line sucks. SCHOTTY MUST GO. Please, I beg you Rex, sack this predictable piece of sh!t. Wildcat on 4th and 1? Ya run the fvcking ball every first fvcking down, right up the fvcking gut. The gameplan is too predictable, and it sucks. This team proved, that we really are not that good. As much as I hate Francesa, he's right on a lot of things. I wouldn't be surprised if we go 3 and out these last 3 games and miss the playoffs. All 3 teams are beatable, but not with this team and the way we are playing. And fire Alosi, fvcking scumbag move, and I hate the Dolphins and their fans with a passion.

It was Jet Hate Day at work. Funny how a rough patch combined with an a-hole move by one of our sideline guys emboldens everybody to hate and tease. Even the wins from a few weeks back switched from "A good team finding the way to get it done," to "a mediocre team that was blindly lucky." Hopefully December 14th will be kinder.

It was Jet Hate Day at work. Funny how a rough patch combined with an a-hole move by one of our sideline guys emboldens everybody to hate and tease. Even the wins from a few weeks back switched from "A good team finding the way to get it done," to "a mediocre team that was blindly lucky." Hopefully December 14th will be kinder.

The "A good team finding the way to get it done" was only echoed by those looking through Green tinted glasses. DEEPLY green tinted glasses that is. Everyone other than Jets' fans were calling a spade a spade; and saying that they were not that good and they were riding a streak of luck. Good teams do not get beat 45-3 against a division rival, and then follow it up with another complete stinker at home against ANOTHER division rival.

The "A good team finding the way to get it done" was only echoed by those looking through Green tinted glasses. DEEPLY green tinted glasses that is. Everyone other than Jets' fans were calling a spade a spade; and saying that they were not that good and they were riding a streak of luck. Good teams do not get beat 45-3 against a division rival, and then follow it up with another complete stinker at home against ANOTHER division rival.

No. I was saying that it was these same guys, changing their story about what happened to the Jets in those close games (interesting that they all are fans of NFC East teams, hmmmmmm). And it's complete revisionist history to say that only Jets fans thought that their team was good (nobody else is willing to admit it now though). Fans of other teams and football pundits were on that bandwagon too. And that's because good teams usually have some wins like the one against Cleveland on their resume. They have a lot of other, better wins, but getting those tight victories is one of the hallmarks of a winner. The '07 Patriots are the exception, not the norm. Even Patriots of this year snuck in some squeakers. It's just been a long time since the last convincing Jet victory, so who knows. Maybe they won't be ready and will be quickly disposed of in the playoffs. Maybe they'll find some creative way to not make it in to begin with. But there's still hope that they'll peak at the right time; just no reason to feel confident that they will.

No. I was saying that it was these same guys, changing their story about what happened to the Jets in those close games (interesting that they all are fans of NFC East teams, hmmmmmm). And it's complete revisionist history to say that only Jets fans thought that their team was good (nobody else is willing to admit it now though). Fans of other teams and football pundits were on that bandwagon too. And that's because good teams usually have some wins like the one against Cleveland on their resume. They have a lot of other, better wins, but getting those tight victories is one of the hallmarks of a winner. The '07 Patriots are the exception, not the norm. Even Patriots of this year snuck in some squeakers. It's just been a long time since the last convincing Jet victory, so who knows. Maybe they won't be ready and will be quickly disposed of in the playoffs. Maybe they'll find some creative way to not make it in to begin with. But there's still hope that they'll peak at the right time; just no reason to feel confident that they will.

Some pundits bought into the Jets' hype, but alot did not. I was ridiculed heavily in here for posting that the Jets were not a good team and just getting lucky a longgggg time ago. Good teams have maybe a win or 2 like those sloppy games. The Jets had 4 in 5 games. Denver, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston were all miraculous wins vs bad teams. When you consistently play tight games with teams of that caliber, it shows that you are not a quality team.

EDIT: I think the Jets will get in the playoffs, and then be swiftly ousted in their first game....

Edited by ThreeCups

Alosi has now been suspended indefinitely by the Jets, as he admitted to ordering all of those guys he was standing with to form a human wall to impede the Dolphins' gunners. He may be fired now. What a scumbag.

Obviously sticky the knee out was not OK, but is it illegal to stand directly behind the sideline?

Obviously sticky the knee out was not OK, but is it illegal to stand directly behind the sideline?

Those dudes were standing foot-to-foot in an obviously pre-meditated formation of some kind in order to impede an opposing player. I highly doubt that's legal in the eyes of the NFL. These are non-game participants compromising the integrity of competition on the field. That's a serious infraction.

Those dudes were standing foot-to-foot in an obviously pre-meditated formation of some kind in order to impede an opposing player. I highly doubt that's legal in the eyes of the NFL. These are non-game participants compromising the integrity of competition on the field. That's a serious infraction.

I don't know the exact rules, but either you are allowed to stand there or not. It should be no difference if 1 person is doing it or a group.

I don't know the exact rules, but either you are allowed to stand there or not. It should be no difference if 1 person is doing it or a group.

Perhaps, but it becomes an issue when a coach readily admits the purpose of those standing there was to impede an opposing player. The NFL, and quite frankly the Jets, shouldn't tolerate a stunt like that.

Perhaps, but it becomes an issue when a coach readily admits the purpose of those standing there was to impede an opposing player. The NFL, and quite frankly the Jets, shouldn't tolerate a stunt like that.

I know what you are trying to say, but the NFL has to have clear rules on how close you are allowed to stand next to the field. If you are allowed to stand their, you can’t really blame a team for using it to their advantage. I personally believe you shouldn’t be allowed to run down the field out of bounds in the first place.

To me making a wall outside of the white area is really little different than when baseball players in the dugout go out of their way to avoid opponents trying to catch foul balls or go out of their way to provide a safety net for their own players trying to catch one.

If it's illegal to make a 'wall' then fine, fire his a** but that never seemed to me something that would be on the books as a rule especially considering they're all standing not just out of bounds but behind the white lines. Maybe the NFL will grandfather a rule of that nature in cause it did seem obvious they were standing there for a reason, but I just assumed every team did it since it wasn't like they were going into the field of play.

I personally believe you shouldn’t be allowed to run down the field out of bounds in the first place

That too. People are forgetting this guy was out of bounds to start with. It's not like this guy stuck his knee over the out of bounds line and tripped the guy in play. Not that he deserved to be tripped or anything like that but when you go that far out of bounds you're just begging to either be interfered with or run into something random regardless.

Edited by NJDevs4978

All good points guys, but it sounds like the Jets are taking this pretty seriously, documented rule or not, because they have made Alosi's suspension indefinite, and are now considering firing him. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the next hotly-debated NFL issue. It seems like a new one pops up every couple of weeks.

All I know is the Jets better win this week!!!!

..from the vultures in the newspapers, to the agenda seeking a-holes on the radio. I'm hoping we win just to shut those dweebs up.

......Jets Win = Trolls Vanish.