Berglund Back To Albany

StarDew

Ok two things:

1) The report on NJO says Albelin was assigned to Albany. Doesn't say he was cut or that he is refusing to go to the Rats. I wonder what the deal is?

and

2) Nemchinov was NOT cut. He was UFA and not offered a contract.

News 12 says Albelin was sent to Albany as "veteran insurance".

I think he can only stay there for 30 days (because he wasn't picked in the waiver draft) and then they may have to put him on waivers again. not sure though.

Well I guess someone heard wrong then since all but one of the reports say he was sent down and NOT cut.  

I guess they listened to the report that Abbe was sent to Albany and then "heard" CUT which is what they wanted to hear. :)

This assignment makes a lot more sense than outright cutting him. Abbe can be with the Rats for a month before another decision has to be made. Either bring him back & make room or expose him again on waivers and take a chance that someone will pick him up again. You never know what will transpire in a month. In the meantime, he's in Alabany working with the kids and a solid veteran presence can't hurt in their development.

I think we need to make a distinction here...

Cut means a player is not with the big club, but is still Devils property. Therefore 'outright cutting' can't really happen..

Released, or bought out, or waived means the player is no longer Devils property.

A month gives the Devils time to see if Andrei Zyuzin is worth saving. He did lead them in preseason assists..

The way it was presented to us (Berglund sent down, Albelin cut), it made it sound like Abbe had been released. Now, my question is, what happens is Abbe refuses the assignment?

Another question is: should we post the AP report in a seperate thread with the headline "Albelin Assigned to Albany" just to make it easier for Red tomorrow to see the news that'll make his day. :P

Another question is: should we post the AP report in a seperate thread with the headline "Albelin Assigned to Albany" just to make it easier for Red tomorrow to see the news that'll make his day. :P

M. you defititely should have!!! Its 1 pm and I just found out!!! PArty time!!!!

I think sat night I'm hjaving a good bye Tommy party!!!

Now the Devs are set for a CUP run...Albelein IMHO was not different than Odelein....addition by subtraction!!!

I hate to spoil the party Red, but one NY "paper" is reporting that Zyuzin is being shopped around.

I like Zyuzin, I really do, but what in reality is he going to bring back in return?

Right now I would probably keep him around, and see how the season starts out. We may need more help up front then Zazuu is gonna bring us. One of the other 3 puck moving D Men may have to go, and then Zyuzin might be a better player to have around than say Albelin. I wouldn't move him yet.

Chris

I hate to spoil the party Red, but one NY "paper" is reporting that Zyuzin is being shopped around. If that happens, Tommy will be back.

M. you are just trying to ruin my party aren;t you!!!

The PARTY MUST GO ON!!

Nah Nah...Nahanahnahanhanha...hey ehy hey GOOD BY...TOMMY!!!!

I'm ecstatic that Albelin is down in Albany. Hey the names are similar -- must be a sign that he's meant to stay down there.

I'm disappointed that Berglund did not make the big club to start with. My guess is that the pressure got to be too much for him, because he had a lot to gain but also a lot to lose. Hopefully he'll get pulled up after a stint in Albany and he'll show that he belongs with the big club.

But I agree that he should have been sent down. Guolla and Danton have (for now) proved their worth to the club. Let's see if that lasts though.