Roenick to the WHA, Germany if work stoppage

insanity_gallops

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=61071&hubName=nhl

Roenick's lockout plans include WHA

TSN.ca Staff

11/19/2003

Jeremy Roenick says he doesn't plan to sit around and do nothing if NHL owners lock out players next September.

The outspoken Flyers forward says he has already had informal discussions with several other players about playing in Germany or for the new World Hockey Association.

"I have had some friendly talks with [Detroit Red Wings'] Brett Hull and other people about the WHA starting up," Roenick tells the Philadelphia Inquirer.

"They want to start up in eight or 10 cities. If they can manage to pull that off, I would definitely be looking to go into one of those cities to help them start up the league."

The reborn WHA plans to launch in time for the 2004-05 season with Bobby Hull signed on as the league's commissioner. The league plans to have about 12 teams operating under a $10-million US salary cap, with a marquee player exception.

Phoenix and Minnesota are the only two confirmed cities but Quebec City, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Los Angeles, Jacksonville, Birmingham, Cincinnati, and Kansas City have also been mentioned.

Roenick says while no one wants to see a work stoppage, he has to look out for himself and his family's best interest.

"I have to do something. I have to keep playing. There is no way I am going to take a year off and not play," said the 33 year old. "I would first look at my options here. If not here with the WHA, then I would try to get over to Germany."

During the 1994-95 lockout, Roenick played three games with Koln of the German League.

"I have had some friendly talks with [Detroit Red Wings'] Brett Hull and other people about the WHA starting up," Roenick tells the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Suspend them.

No, seriously: suspend any player that is openly saying they will join a competing league next season. This just shows the NHLPA is not negociating in good faith.

<JESTER>

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=61071&hubName=nhl

Roenick's lockout plans include WHA

TSN.ca Staff

11/19/2003

Jeremy Roenick says he doesn't plan to sit around and do nothing if NHL owners lock out players next September.

The outspoken Flyers forward says he has already had informal discussions with several other players about playing in Germany or for the new World Hockey Association.

:pray:

Damn... I am a believer.. There is a God... God is good... and my prayers are answered... WHO-HOO

Now.. time to start wishing that Hasek guy away