Game Thread

Devils731

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we play LA again.. and when the goalie comes out THAT far and ends

up tripping Elias.. man they are crying a river on Fox Sports West tonight :P

good teams make breaks.. bad teams moan about excuses and bad calls :P

I think if that goal had happened in the reverse and Marty was knocked down the goal would have counted. The goalie just as much skated into Elias as Elias into him. The goalie could acutally see Elias coming whereas Elias had no idea the goalie was going to come so far out of his crease. If that goal doesn't count then anytime there are players in the slot the goalie will just come roaring out of the net and bump into a player and fall down.

-Scott

I don't think we play LA again.. and when the goalie comes out THAT far and ends

Were they upset because in a 10 minute span, quite a few things were undetected? On one Kings shift, the Devils got away with a couple of infractions. But nothing was called. On a couple of other instances, Devils ran interference on Kings without the puck. Then you have Elias running into Huet. I don't blame Murray and the fans one bit. The two for roughing on Avery was a joke. Brodeur is such an actor. He's not allowed to be touched. Avery tapped him outside the crease and Brodeur punched him and that's allowed? Niedermayer meanwhile crosschecked Avery on the same play. But somehow, it was two each. If anything, it should have been two each on Avery and Brodeur with Niedermayer getting the extra two.

I guess it's because the Devils are the best. So, they're allowed leeway. I don't agree.

Were they upset because in a 10 minute span, quite a few things were undetected? On one Kings shift, the Devils got away with a couple of infractions. But nothing was called. On a couple of other instances, Devils ran interference on Kings without the puck. Then you have Elias running into Huet. I don't blame Murray and the fans one bit. The two for roughing on Avery was a joke. Brodeur is such an actor. He's not allowed to be touched. Avery tapped him outside the crease and Brodeur punched him and that's allowed? Niedermayer meanwhile crosschecked Avery on the same play. But somehow, it was two each. If anything, it should have been two each on Avery and Brodeur with Niedermayer getting the extra two.

I guess it's because the Devils are the best. So, they're allowed leeway. I don't agree.

I guess if the RanJuhs were in the same situation as the Devils then it would ok to have a game where the breaks on calls go their way...puleeez :P

I'm kind of with Derek on this one. I trust Henny and Vali, and Vali just said Nieds should have gotten thrown out, meanwhile he gets nothing and ends up with a goal.

I know a bunch of times we get the bad breaks, but you know what? Why not aim for a fair game? Because we got robbed of Pando's goal against the Sens or Madden's goal against the Wings last year doesn't mean the Kings should have to pay for it... I'd love the game to be fair, period.