Weekes Head

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah.

We should have won.

But we didn't. It was exciting, but we should not be blowing a two goal lead. Ugh. Marty didn't play well IMO. He does need a rest, SOON. Not Thursday, per say, but soon. I didn't like Martin's game, either. Turned over the puck one too many times for my liking. Oh well. Can't win em all.

-isles announcer said that the blake goal to make it 4-3 was offsides. they showed the replay, sure looked offside to me. either way, martin didn't play the pass. stupid play by martin.

-larionov is a total waste out there. on the other hand, elias is playing excellent hockey.

-team sure would love to have stevenson back in there. every time turner comes back from an injury, he always gives the team a boost in energy.

-marty looked shaky from the beginning. schwab should play against atlanta.

isles announcers dont know shat, they cant even pronounce the names right lol although the play was clearily offside

Eh, they had an offside goal scored on them earlier in the season...maybe it was the linesman that screwed that up allowing this play to continue.

isles announcers dont know shat, they cant even pronounce the names right lol although the play was clearily offside

Eh, they had an offside goal scored on them earlier in the season...maybe it was the linesman that screwed that up allowing this play to continue.

:noclue: maybe... it does suck to lose to isles :argh: especially when we should have won this game

I don't post in the game thread before the game starts and devils lose!  :o

when i'm posting and showing tough love to devils:

4-0-0-0

When i'm not:

0-1-1-0

:o

What happened? You failed us! :rant:

Hehe...dammit it was working, as annoying as it may have been to some.

EDIT: :rant:

Edited by sammyk

This game was awful. Abysmal performances by both teams. If that is an example of "old time" hockey, please leave it in the past. Marty had a bad game. The Devs score 4 times, they should not lose PERIOD. Oh well, just gotta put this one behind them and win the next one. Marty should rest soon. At least Philly lost, too bad they picked up a point though.

LETS GO DEVILS! :evil:

Not to beat on a dead horse, but how can the number of goals score measure how good a game is? I have seen this discussion too much on this board and to me it doesn't make sense

My feeling is that there is so much playing in when measuring if the game is good or not, so judging the game by the number of goals isn't really fair. I have seen games that are great with both low and high scoring, but it is seldom the goals themselves that makes the game great.

I would like to see these lines used for the next game.

Elias - Rasmussen - Berglund

Friesen - Larionov - Gionta

Pandolfo - Madden - Brylin

Rupp - Gomez - Marshall

I'd like to see Pandolfo - Madden - Langenbrunner B) ...

But I like you lines, I would switch Ras with Gomez though, rasmussen with rupp and marshall would be a great line

I caught the tale end of this crazy contest. The Isles' fourth goal was definitely offside. Even when I saw it live, I was thinking, "That's offside." But they never blew the whistle. It looked like Stevens and Brodeur stopped playing for a split second and that's why Blake scored. He took advantage of that and deked Brodeur.

I guess it was justice that the Devils got it right back on a horrible rebound by Snow that Brylin tapped in. But this game was nuts. I also could tell Yashin was going to score because the Devils couldn't clear the puck and Yashin was left all alone. So, before the puck even got there, I knew it would happen.

New Jersey had a great effort at the end to tie it but just couldn't get the break. All of a sudden, the Isles are hot. 4-0-0-1 in their last five and now they play at the Garden Thursday night. I got a bad feeling about this game.

Edited by Derek21

I think last night's game is proof, once again, regardless of who won, that a high scoring game can be painful to watch - boring, sloppy, disorganized hockey is not fun or exciting to watch, regardless of how many goals are scored.

Awful game, I think that's one of those 3 or 4 each year that a team and their coach just has to get a mulligan on - nobody gets chewed out, everyone takes the blame, you burn the video tape and move on to the next one. Just forget it ever happened.

This game was no fun ... it was messy. I don't mind scoring at all. And I was really hoping ^7^ would say this wasn't his kind of game despite the high score. There were moments for certain. OK... maybe it was the losing that ruined it for me. But again I thought back to why I used to love the Isles :evil:

PLAYING pond hockey rules. Why watch it though? In the NHL, I want hockey perfection. Hockey perfection is amazing. The Isles were great in the late 70s early 80s because defense was such (aside from the Habs is my recollection) that forwards could stay in position and maneuver around the dmen -- not quite a la pilons it was a little more skilled than just Dmen sucking eggs out there--- I guess Dmen thought of themselves more as forwards...but I won't start my Bobby Orr rant :lol: because frankly I suspect I hardly remember the truth of the matter anymore. ANYHOW -- The Devils now have really nice all around positioning IMO. Well... so yeah it's neat when in a game they have to take a few risks to get things moving... but you know, #4 being my hero, it smarts when he gets beat :argh: and the offsides soo would have saved his old flabby :o butt! And made him seem less like a dork! See he WASN"T a dork... grrrrrrrrrr <_< nevermind.

Well so I guess I didn't enjoy this game but it IS on the right track in a sense. I want so much to use a Toscannini analogy but no one will get it -- He's the best conductor ever IMO. Anyhow he would be criticised for rushing the pace. But when you timed it he NEVER rushed. Every instrument was PERFECT in the orchestra -- every note hit just as it should and because everything was so crisp the peice flowed seemeingly faster. See this is where ^7^ is apparently pretty off target in what he REALLY wants from his hockey. Actually I just think he's rooting to take hockey in the wrong direction for what he really desires. and he's just too thickheaded to understand what he wants and HOW TO ACHEIVE IT!

Really we all want the same thing! Pat Burns for SURE shares my vision and thinks it's acheived the same way I do. He's bring the team along so well IMO. And he's got the whole thing pretty much figured. he's been around long enough and seen enough and stepped back enough that I have faith that this guy can create and maintain a dynasty. ( :argh: there -- I said it now shoot me!) The only question is his stamina :evil:

Hey... when is Pat Burns birthday... <_<

Edited by Pepperkorn

Well, that was ugly. Certainly not a well-played 5-4 game. Sort of like each team was saying, "I don't want the two points, you take 'em" for most of the night until the last 5 minutes of the third period when the Isles finally saw that victory was within reach and buckled down. Sort of.

I believe that game was what Burns had in mind when he said that if you score 6 but lose 7-6 you just look stupid. I don't think Marty was hurt, though, he did look tired, though. But it's hard to blame that one on him, it was truly a team effort, or non-effort, or whatever. Sloppy play all over the place.