DEVILS vs. LEAFS 1/10

poohbear

Yeah i know, but better he comes back fully recovered... even though i really miss him, cause we dont want him to be out for the season pullin a lemiuex or anything.. If i have to wait a few more weeks i can accept that :) Just so he is all ready to go! Oh how I miss him though.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree its annoying... I was bummed when the injury first happened and they said 2-3 weeks... i couldn't imagine going for 3 weeks without seeing Jamie in action

Skrlac loves to fight! I kind of enjoy it!

Oh and although Gionta isnt one of my favorite players.... He hustles a lot.. and gets the crap kicked out of him... hes like the energizer bunny out there.. i give him credit... Reminds me of Rudy.. the little guy with the big heart and hustle :)

RUDY RUDY RUDY!

Hey, did anyone catch the answer to the trivia question? I missed it when I flipped over to see Sehorn seal up Carolina's victory. :)

Patty has 9 regular season OT goals -- who has more? Two players tied for #1. I thought one was Nieds -- actually, I thought it was Nieds/Federov, but maybe I'm wrong.

I only hope that Suglobov or Berglund were not playing becasue of injuries becasue it is a shame to see Skrlac only have 3 shifts when a guy like Berglund or Suglobov could throw a bit off offense in the picture

Well according to ESPN.com Suglobov is still listed on IR with that wrist injury. I thought I heard somewhere the Berglund had the flu? :noclue:

I guess we know who the future captain is since Nieds has worn the C in the second game in a row with Stevens out. I wonder how he is in the locker room as a captain? Seems kind of quiet to kick a team in motion.

A 1-0 win is exactly what the Devils needed to snap out of it. Now they need to build upon it.

I only hope that Suglobov or Berglund were not playing becasue of injuries becasue it is a shame to see Skrlac only have 3 shifts when a guy like Berglund or Suglobov could throw a bit off offense in the picture

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/2004/html/d.../GD01102004.php

For the Devils, defenseman Scott Stevens (flu, 1 gm missed) and right wing Aleksander Suglobov (bruised wrist, 2 gms missed) are both out on a day-to-day basis. Left wing Christian Berglund (bruised hip, 2 gms missed) was placed on the Injured Reserve List Jan. 8.

He tried every shift he was out there, Puddy. Dingman didn't want to fight him. Skrlac ran him in the first period and lined up next to him during at least one faceoff in the 3rd. Nothing.

Anyway, good road win for the Devils, I don't think they're quite back to normal, but they caught a tired Leafs team and never let them get anything going. Kind of a snoozer too, but hey, it's a win.

Let's just be happy that Larionov was a healthy scratch tonight :)

I knew there was a reason we won tonight! ;)

And even though Skrlac received such limited ice time, he still received 8 or 9 shifts... not too bad. I do think it's better to have someone else in that roster spot, but Suglobov's injured, as is Berglund; although why Bicek wasn't called up for last night's game against Tampa Bay, I'm not quite sure. Maybe he's injured, too?

He tried every shift he was out there, Puddy. Dingman didn't want to fight him. Skrlac ran him in the first period and lined up next to him during at least one faceoff in the 3rd. Nothing.

Yeah, I saw. I was hoping they'd go, though. Could've been the fire the team needed.

Did Skrlac win his fight? I flipped to the Devils game and I heard one of the annoucers saying Domi congratulating some Leafs player on his fight.

I wouldn't say he won, but he did get a few good punches in. It was definitely a one-sided fight for the most part, but Skrlac did hold up pretty well.

Well its your pick if you hace Centre Ice because most people in Canada don't like CBC's main guys of Bob Cole and Harry Neale. Personally I like them.

They aren't too bad. I am watching it now on CBC HNIC Replay. I was out at a McGill/Concordia hockey game.

Did Skrlac win his fight? I flipped to the Devils game and I heard one of the annoucers saying Domi congratulating some Leafs player on his fight.

I wouldn't say he won, but he did get a few good punches in. It was definitely a one-sided fight for the most part, but Skrlac did hold up pretty well.

I'd have to agree... towards the end of the fight, though, it looks like Skrlac was just picked up, like absolutely picked up and then dropped... kind of crazy...