Suspensions from the weekend

HellOnICE

The NHL has suspended Chris Simon and Mathieu Schneider for two games and Vincent Lecavalier for one game. Details to follow.

Tsn.ca

I gotta say I agree except I would give Lecavalier more than one game. Kicking shouldn't happen, ever.

Oh, and here are the articles:

-------

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=67797

Lecavalier, Simon suspended by league

TSN.ca Staff

1/12/2004

TORONTO -- Tampa Bay Lightning forward Vincent Lecavalier and New York Rangers forward Chris Simon were handed suspensions by the NHL today after the league reveiwed seperate incidents that took place in the same game on January 11.

Lecavalier was suspended for one game, without pay, for a kicking incident, while Simon got two games without pay for a cross-check.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Lecavalier will forfeit $14,166.66. Simon will cough up $16,666.66. All the money goes to the Players Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident that led to Lecavalier's suspension occurred at 4:50 of the third period when he was involved with Rangers defenceman Darius Kasparaitis in front of the players bench. No penalty was assessed on the play.

Lecavalier will miss tomorrows game at Pittsburgh. He will be eligible to return Jan. 15 against Carolina.

Simon was assessed a minor penalty for cross-checking Tampa Bay forward Ruslan Fedotenko at 18:07 of the first period. Simon also received a minor for roughing on the play.

Simon will miss tomorrows game against the Islanders and Jan. 15 against New Jersey. He will be eligible to return Jan. 17 at Montreal.

-------

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=67798

Schneider gets two games for high stick

TSN.ca Staff

1/12/2004

TORONTO -- Detroit Red Wings defenseman Mathieu Schneider has been suspended for two games, without pay, for a high sticking incident against the Boston Bruins on January 10.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Schneider will forfeit $38,888.88. The money goes to the Players Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident occurred at 7:46 of the third period when Schneider struck Boston player Glen Murray in the neck area with his stick. No penalty was assessed on the play.

Schneider will miss games Jan. 14 against Chicago and Jan. 16 against Phoenix. He will be eligible to return Jan. 19 at San Jose.

-------

I didn't realize we wouldn't have to face Simon. Good, I hate that two year old.

Edited by mrsheeps

What Toronto player kicked Cairns? How much did he get?

I remember that but forget whom... I'm tempted to say Tucker for obvious reasons, but I don't think it was him... actually I think it was... I'm indecisive. This post is meaningless.

What Toronto player kicked Cairns?  How much did he get?

I remember that but forget whom... I'm tempted to say Tucker for obvious reasons, but I don't think it was him... actually I think it was... I'm indecisive. This post is meaningless.

I believe it was Tucker when Cairns got kicked in the playoffs a couple of years ago, but I can't remember who did it this year. :noclue:

Whoopty do. Suspend Lecavalier for kicking Kasparaitis but he wasn't even penalized on the play. Yet Kaspar was. This league is a joke.

Simon also should have been tossed out of this game for his psycho episode on a Tampa player.

How about getting real officials, who get the calls right.

Please, I'd settle for just making calls. As usual, the officials make calls like mad at the start of the season and slowly stop. The obstruction this year is awful, I think it's the worst I've seen it. Way too much holding, interference and holding the stick infractions are going uncalled. It's getting ridiculous. I guess the NHL has decided to allow tackling so perhaps they will get more ratings than the NFL. I thought the NHL was going to crack down on interference? Right. I see at least 10 pick plays a game anymore - and the stick holding is outrageous. I'm not just talking about against the Devils either, all teams are guilty of it. Why not? They sure seem to get away with it.

Officiating is wretched this year - for ALL teams. It just sucks in general. I can't wait to see how bad things get by the end of the season.

-------

TSN.ca Staff

1/12/2004

TORONTO -- Tampa Bay Lightning forward Vincent Lecavalier and New York Rangers forward Chris Simon were handed suspensions by the NHL today after the league reveiwed seperate incidents that took place in the same game on January 11.

Lecavalier was suspended for one game, without pay, for a kicking incident, while Simon got two games without pay for a cross-check.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Lecavalier will forfeit $14,166.66. Simon will cough up $16,666.66. All the money goes to the Players Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident that led to Lecavalier's suspension occurred at 4:50 of the third period when he was involved with Rangers defenceman Darius Kasparaitis in front of the players bench. No penalty was assessed on the play.

Lecavalier will miss tomorrows game at Pittsburgh. He will be eligible to return Jan. 15 against Carolina.

Simon was assessed a minor penalty for cross-checking Tampa Bay forward Ruslan Fedotenko at 18:07 of the first period. Simon also received a minor for roughing on the play.

Simon will miss tomorrows game against the Islanders and Jan. 15 against New Jersey. He will be eligible to return Jan. 17 at Montreal.

-------

TSN.ca Staff

1/12/2004

TORONTO -- Detroit Red Wings defenseman Mathieu Schneider has been suspended for two games, without pay, for a high sticking incident against the Boston Bruins on January 10.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Schneider will forfeit $38,888.88. The money goes to the Players Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident occurred at 7:46 of the third period when Schneider struck Boston player Glen Murray in the neck area with his stick. No penalty was assessed on the play.

Schneider will miss games Jan. 14 against Chicago and Jan. 16 against Phoenix. He will be eligible to return Jan. 19 at San Jose.

-------

I didn't realize we wouldn't have to face Simon. Good, I hate that two year old.

Mr Sheeps, now THAT is one fine lookin avatar!!! Classic!!!...Just remember when on a breakaway, go top shelf, where Momma hides the cookies!!!

Please, I'd settle for just making calls. As usual, the officials make calls like mad at the start of the season and slowly stop. The obstruction this year is awful, I think it's the worst I've seen it. Way too much holding, interference and holding the stick infractions are going uncalled. It's getting ridiculous. I guess the NHL has decided to allow tackling so perhaps they will get more ratings than the NFL. I thought the NHL was going to crack down on interference? Right. I see at least 10 pick plays a game anymore - and the stick holding is outrageous. I'm not just talking about against the Devils either, all teams are guilty of it. Why not? They sure seem to get away with it.

Officiating is wretched this year - for ALL teams. It just sucks in general. I can't wait to see how bad things get by the end of the season.

Agreed with ya there.

there is definitely is a pattern to the way games are officiated. Calls are always evened up, even if 1 team is playing way more disciplined than the other. Games are always kept close, with obstruction sometimes being called in the 1st period. The refs swallow the whistle somewhere in the 2nd and make sure the lesser talented team gets away with murder just so the games are close, even if it means the games are impossible to watch.

-------

TSN.ca Staff

1/12/2004

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Lecavalier will forfeit $14,166.66.  Simon will cough up $16,666.66. All the money goes to the Players Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident that led to Lecavalier's suspension occurred at 4:50 of the third period when he was involved with Rangers defenceman Darius Kasparaitis in front of the players bench.  No penalty was assessed on the play.

Lecavalier will miss tomorrows game at Pittsburgh.  He will be eligible to return Jan. 15 against Carolina.

Simon was assessed a minor penalty for cross-checking Tampa Bay forward Ruslan Fedotenko at 18:07 of the first period.  Simon also received a minor for roughing on the play.

Simon will miss tomorrows game against the Islanders and Jan. 15 against New Jersey.  He will be eligible to return Jan. 17 at Montreal.

-------

TSN.ca Staff

1/12/2004

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Schneider will forfeit $38,888.88.  The money goes to the Players Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident occurred at 7:46 of the third period when Schneider struck Boston player Glen Murray in the neck area with his stick.  No penalty was assessed on the play.

Schneider will miss games Jan. 14 against Chicago and Jan. 16 against Phoenix.  He will be eligible to return Jan. 19 at San Jose.

-------

I didn't realize we wouldn't have to face Simon.  Good, I hate that two year old.

Mr Sheeps, now THAT is one fine lookin avatar!!! Classic!!!...Just remember when on a breakaway, go top shelf, where Momma hides the cookies!!!

Druuury! Hehe

He makes me want to be a Sabres fan.

He scoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooressssssssssssssssssssssss

sssssssssssssss

sssssssss! No one holds it so long. I hate the real quick SCORES like the Sens announcer, hate it. It makes it seem so insignificant.

Rick makes a shot on goal seem like a breakaway in overtime. And he actually calls fights! With a ton of enthusiasm!

The. Man.