Devils Vs Sens Game Thread 2-3-04

JesterDevil

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great game and I knew the Devils would show up. Friesen again showing he is clutch, even if he is invisible for stretches at a time.

Langenbrunner really has that second line going again, great news for the goal starved devils.

Larionot sits and the Devils win again, coincidence? :noclue:

YAY!!!!! I CAN SHOW MY FACE AT WORK TOMORROW!!!

No, wait, that's not good.....

----------

BTW - Moustic: See "Les Invasions Barbariens". It is very funny. Actually that goes to everyone here. It's subtitled. One of the best Canadian films I've ever seen. Worth missing the game.

----------

Friesen, the Sens-killer. I'll display my Friesen signed poster front and center in the office tomorrow.

Someone mentioned in chat that the Nieds said they are getting used to playing without Stevens. That disturbs me more then comforts, I hope that wasn't a foreshadow of a prolonged layoff by Stevens.

Overall considering the pace of this game the defense held up well. Even Sean Brown whom I like to bash had a nice strip off a breaking senator. Martin and Hale till he was injured looked very good.

This game was a test and it looks like they defense passed.

Elias and Gomez with Marshall seem to be gelling because they had some no look passes that actually connected. It's nice to see Langenbrunner back and working with Friesen. The Devils desperately needed a second scoring line.

Someone mentioned in chat that the Nieds said they are getting used to playing without Stevens. That disturbs me more then comforts, I hope that wasn't a foreshadow of a prolonged layoff by Stevens.

Overall considering the pace of this game the defense held up well. Even Sean Brown whom I like to bash had a nice strip off a breaking senator. Martin and Hale till he was injured looked very good.

Elias and Gomez with Marshall seem to be gelling because they had some no look passes that actually connected. It's nice to see Langenbrunner back and working with Friesen. The Devils desperately needed a second scoring line.

I don't think he meant it negatively...it was more like they aren't as nervous without him...this is a good thing imo...when he returns it is will be like "there's no place like home"...the team being able to carry itself w/o Stevens shows they will not be in total collapse when he retires and retirement is sooner rather than later...age-wise...he has said that himself.

Lou said that Stevens will most likely be back after the All-Star break at the game tonight.

Oh leave Doc alone we all have our signature phrases and ways of speaking :lol: I find myself writing the same type of sayings in the recaps, not that I think they're boring or anything but generally you stick with what you know.

As for the game, seven wins in nine games suggest they're getting over the loss of #4 ever so slowly. It's nice to be done with Ottawa and having beaten them in the season series, to boot. :)

Like I said in a different post...Hockey Digest says Doc is the surgeon general of play-by-play tv announcers...the BEST :D

Without a doubt, no one his better than Doc.

The worst announcers are the Islanders announcers, they just get excited about the players names, all you here is, "SKATCHARD", "PECA"!!!

The rangers announcers aren't the best, but at least they're better than the Islanders.

I don't think he meant it negatively...it was more like they aren't as nervous without him...this is a good thing imo...when he returns it is will be like "there's no place like home"...the team being able to carry itself w/o Stevens shows they will not be in total collapse when he retires and retirement is sooner rather than later...age-wise...he has said that himself.

I agree, it's not a negative that they've won 7 of 9 and are getting used to playing without Stevens. I'd be worried if they were still losing.

That said, this has been/will be a prolonged absence...since he was ordered off the ice for a month, I can't see him coming back before early March and he's already missed around 15 games.