Playoff Rounds 1 & 2

oofrostonoo

Hey, One time i signed up for interest in a partial plan. SO the guy called me a few times. Today he called me about getting playoff tickets in advance. We were talking for a little and i said i would call back next week with an answer.

He told me that rounds 1 and 2 are almost completly sold out and are in EXTREMELY HIGH DEMAND due to us winning the cup lat year. I thought it was kind of weird.

I think he was just telling you that to get you to commit. Think about it. The only people who can buy playoff tickets right now are season ticket holders and there aren't that many of them. While it is true that they can buy additional playoff strips I cannot imagine a majority of them did. Also, the money from season ticket holders is not due until March and I doubt that the majority have paid yet.

They probably aren't sold out.

Its just that they have to wait for the season ticket holders, both to pay for their tickets, and they also have the priority on additional tickets for the playoffs, so your best bet would be to wait until March 9th.

After all of the season ticket holders get their tickets.

The only reason I say this is because the public can't buy tickets yet, so obviously the STH have to pay, and then everything will work out...

at this time, there is no demand for rounds 1 & 2. as has been said early, only season and partial season ticket holders have been offered playoff ticket strips and they're not due until march 11th.

i will be amazed if rounds 1 and 2 sell out before the playoffs even start.

I bet they'll sell better than last year though.

last year the Devils averaged 18,100 through all 4 rounds. however, they didn't sell out a game until round 3 against ottawa. there was 1 game in each of the first 2 rounds that had crowds of 18,300 plus though. they prolly will sell out all the playoff games this season. i remember in 2001 there was a lot of talk about how the devils wouldn't sellout the first round against carolina, and all the games ended up being sold out (although i remember going to the game on easter sunday and there were a whole lot of empties, but come on it was easter).

He told me that rounds 1 and 2 are almost completly sold out and are in EXTREMELY HIGH DEMAND due to us winning the cup lat year.

The Devils have hired Joe Isuzu to sell playoff tickets.

I know I'm showing my age with that reference!

Hey, I'm only 23 and I got it. Good one. :rofl:

Ah... more New Jersey Devils predatory sales tactics. See my post a few weeks ago about how I can't use the money in my New Jersey Devils account to buy the tickets that I want to buy, even if they're available.