What bugs me about Madden

SC Devs Fan

Now don't get me wrong, I love Madden, but seriously - does anyone do less with more breakaways then Maddog? And it isn't even the goalie having to make good saves, all they have to do is play well positionally and they seem to know that he'll blast one at the 5 hole or the crest. If he had just a touch more touch and was a little better offensively he could post some monster numbers.

Still, a damn good player to have on the team.

There's a reason why some players go undrafted.

Anyway, this was known about Madden since his rookie season, notwithstanding a few fluky slapshot goals on Cujo in the playoffs. Emrick always used to say that Madden's shot was deceptive, but one thing it never was was particularly accurate. And that's talking more about his slapshot. His wrist shot is pretty poor.

You can't have everything.

And plus, if this happened to be the year he got hot, we'd be looking at resigning a 30 goal Selke candidate rather than a 15 goal Selke candidate. I'd much rather keep his goal totals down in his contract year.

Edited by Triumph

Look who his usuall 2-on-1 buddy is, Mr Pando. If you put say, Elias or Friesen on his left wing where the goalie has to worry about Elias taking the shot more than Madden taking the shot then Madden would score a lot more. As for breakaway's with just Madden, at least he gets them a lot and does he claim to be a goal scorer? If 1 out of 5 go in, I'm happy.

I renew my plea to the almighty and all knowing Lou Lam's to hire some retired 500+ goal scorer to come in and work with these forwards for 20 to 30 minutes a week and teach them how to shoot and score and stop shooting into the goalie's chest or high/wide of the net.

I renew my plea to the almighty and all knowing Lou Lam's to hire some retired 500+ goal scorer to come in and work with these forwards for 20 to 30 minutes a week and teach them how to shoot and score and stop shooting into the goalie's chest or high/wide of the net.

I hear the Devs are getting shooting lessons from Tom Chorske. Seriously, though, I wonder if a shooting coach would help. I suppose it couldn't hurt.

Look who his usuall 2-on-1 buddy is, Mr Pando. If you put say, Elias or Friesen on his left wing where the goalie has to worry about Elias taking the shot more than Madden taking the shot then Madden would score a lot more. As for breakaway's with just Madden, at least he gets them a lot and does he claim to be a goal scorer? If 1 out of 5 go in, I'm happy.

Hate to disagree... the problem when madden & Pando go in 2 -1 and madden has the puck....

the Dmen cover the pass 100% they want madden to shoot becasue they have been told the goalie will make a save 95% of the time.

there was a game abotu 2 weeks ago...madden and pando in on a 2-1 madden w/ the pcuk...he wanted to pass so badly...waited and waited anwaited, and then skated the pouck right into the goalies pad, never even shot!!!

it was pathetic!!!

It's funny, though, because it seems like 10 of Madden's 16 goals in his rookie season came on breakaways. His percentage on breakaways was unreal. It really looked like he had an incredible scoring touch.

Don't get me wrong...even Madden as he is today is a core player. Any team would take him in a heartbeat.

Look who his usuall 2-on-1 buddy is, Mr Pando.  If you put say, Elias or Friesen on his left wing where the goalie has to worry about Elias taking the shot more than Madden taking the shot then Madden would score a lot more.  As for breakaway's with just Madden, at least he gets them a lot and does he claim to be a goal scorer?  If 1 out of 5 go in, I'm happy.

Hate to disagree... the problem when madden & Pando go in 2 -1 and madden has the puck....

the Dmen cover the pass 100% they want madden to shoot becasue they have been told the goalie will make a save 95% of the time.

there was a game abotu 2 weeks ago...madden and pando in on a 2-1 madden w/ the pcuk...he wanted to pass so badly...waited and waited anwaited, and then skated the pouck right into the goalies pad, never even shot!!!

it was pathetic!!!

The funny part about this is people used to prevent Madden from shooting at all costs, given that he was the only scoring threat on a 2-on-1 with Pando :P