GDT: WASHINGTON CAPITALS @ NEW JERSEY DEVILS 3/18 7:00PM

Tedenby21

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we'll still get a top ten draft pick come June. Now's the time to hope we fall out of a mediocre draft spot instead of shooting for the stars. This team ain't making the playoffs!

It is always nice to see fans being positive around here! Last time I checked they can lose this game, and another (not against BUF or NYR) and likely make the playoffs. I also believe there is still 20 minutes to play.

It is always nice to see fans being positive around here! Last time I checked they can lose this game, and another (not against BUF or NYR) and likely make the playoffs. I also believe there is still 20 minutes to play.

He's been preaching the 'tank for a draft pick' mentality since last night

Being positive and being realistic are two things. Imagine the Devils from December to tonight. Late december we're on slope up, at the end of February we hit the peek, now we're on our way down the slope.

He's been preaching the 'tank for a draft pick' mentality since last night

Not preaching "tank for the draft". We have to win these games. period. end of story. There's no such thing as being able to afford to lose games at this point in the season. There's two ends on this spectrum. Make the playoffs, which won't happen with this kind of play or end up with a top ten pick. Being stuck somewhere in between gets you absolutely zip. We could pick it up, but once our confidence wanes even more after tonight we got Columbus, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and the Rags next week. We ain't going 4 for 4 next week. Sure we can pick it up again but that would be two late. So the likely odds are that we end up out of the playoffs, therefore the only positive is that we get a top ten pick to either select or trade.