Will the Sabres make the playoffs?

djstubbs

Will the Buffalo Sabres make the playoffs?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Buffalo Sabres make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

If you asked me this a month ago, I would have laughed. But the Sabres are proving what I originally thought. That they could hang around and have a shot at the postseason. I'm sure Clown is enjoying their run.

I am gonna say yes. Why? I watched tonight's win over Tampa. They blew a two-goal lead late. Andreychuk scored a PP goal with an extra attacker and Stillman tied it with traffic.

But Buffalo didn't get down. Instead, they made a great play in OT to win it. Zhitnik, who is Clown's favorite player :lol: , made a great pass off the boards that led to a 2-on-0 break. Satan to Briere on the backhand. Score!

Jeanneret was going nuts! He's the best for a reason. Man, Buffalo just has that confidence. Biron made some great saves too earlier in the game. And now, they got two goalies capable of winning because Noronen is good.

I just look at how they play. They have three lines that can score now. Afinogenov is dangerous again. Satan is on a roll. Drury is playing very well. Briere was a steal for Gratton and is fulfilling his Captain status.

Why can't they get in? They would probably beat out the Habs if it happens. I just like what I see from Buffalo. They are playing like a team.

Speaking of the Sabres, what is that they have painted behind their nets, on the ice. Looks like a "2"??

2 is the number of former Buffalo Sabre, Tim Horton, who's family owns a donut franchise all over western New York and Toronto...I don't know why they had it on the ice last night though...

Buffalo will probably make the playoffs if they keep up their recent play...they gave TB limited chances last night until the second period...and their resilience really surprised me...Montreal just lost their best D, Souray, and if they don't make a move they could give up their playoff spot

You make it seem like no one knows what Tim Horton's is. I think he sold it all though to some Joyce guy.

Tim Horton's is owned by Wendy's (the fast food chain) now.

But that doesn't answer the original question of why there was a 2 on the ice. Was it the anniversary of his death, perhaps?

Did a little research. February 21, 1974 is the day Tim Horton died, so it looks like it was for his death anniversary (I really hate that term btw).

Joyce was Hortons partner and owner of the first Tim Hortons store. After Hortons death, he took over complete ownership. This was in 1974. Wendy's took over in 1995.