Devils interested in Gratton

Weekes Head

DEVILS INTERESTED IN WITT?

NEW YORK POST: Mark (N)Єverson reported the New Jersey Devils may be shifting their interest from Washington's Sergei Gonchar to his teammate Brendan Witt and might also have interest in Phoenix's Chris Gratton.

Spector's Note: The Devils would have to part with too much for Gonchar, but Witt might be a more affordable pickup if he's indeed available. As for Gratton, why? Because he's big? The chronic underachiever would drive head coach Pat Burns crazy.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

Thankfully this is just (N)Єverson trash, but my God, I'd die if we got Gratton. He's horrible.

B) Friends doesn't let friends trade for Gratton

I suffered with that fellow "Clown" Gratton as well, and believe you me, the day I heard he was dealt for Daniel Briere, I felt like Christmas came early...I offer early sympathies for you if you have to deal with Gratton

I like the idea of Michael Nylander though, he's really picked up his play in past seasons and would be the typical Lou surprise pickup at the deadline. We haven't talked about him at all.

Nylander is probably just as good as Zhamnov.

Yeah but Nylander has yet to play this season...is he even coming back at all this year?

Yeah but Nylander has yet to play this season...is he even coming back at all this year?

I think he's back practicing.

Well that's good to hear, that was a nasty (freak) injury. I'd still like to see him back in a few games though before even considering him (although we're running out of time, the deadline is coming up), I'd hate to pick him up just for him to be a dud because he spent so much time trying to get back into game-shape and comfortable again. He DID suffer a pretty bad break in his leg...