All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Things can obviously change in a hurry, but he’s projected to go right around where we pick. I’ve seen several mocks with him to the Sabres the pick right after the Devils. He’s definitely who I want the most at the moment. His dad was one of my favorite non-Devil players ever.
  3. Been watching Canada/Czechia, Mr. Iginla looks pretty darn good. Wonder if he'll be there when we pick
  4. Today
  5. I’m sure he’ll eventually find his way to one of the pregame studios so that he can subject all of us to more of his antics. Terry Bradshaw won’t live forever, and Rodgers has just the right mix of arrogance and obnoxiousness to take his spot. Edit: I’m not making light of Terry’s recent health issues, merely pointing out the obvious. Rodgers can’t not make everything about himself, so he’ll jump at the chance to have cameras on him every week.
  6. Florida looks about a step faster out there than Tampa. If they stay healthy and playoff Bob sticks around, I... can't see them losing.
  7. Yeah Rodgers actually does want to PLAY. Guys like Cespedes, Irving, Simmons, Harden…not so much. That being said, some guys retire and basically enjoy the newfound quiet and almost disappear. That won’t ever be Rodgers. He won’t know how to deal with not getting enough attention.
  8. The one big difference is for all of Rodgers’ off field ills he hasn’t yet quit on a team or missed games because of selfish, indulgent reasons the way Kyrie has, at multiple stops.
  9. So Christian Scott is having the oddest kind of season at AAA...he's pitched 20.2 IP so far and allowed just 11 hits and 4 walks. And he's K'd 34. BUT, somehow he's allowed 6 HR.
  10. Just hope no one gets hurt long-term. Last thing the 2024-25 Devils need.
  11. Worlds start in 2 weeks, I figured I would post about any Devils taking part in the tournament here instead of clogging up the off-season thread
  12. I’ve two colleagues who live in the Salt Lake City area, and they’re hoping to eventually get an MLB team as well. It will probably be several years or even decades before that happens, however, as other cities are ahead of them in the line for an expansion team.
  13. Pats did what pretty much everyone expected. Every single thing pointed to Maye being their guy. That being said, the two biggest wastes of time, re: the draft...mock drafts, and draft grades. Mock drafts have always been a joke, because so often some move happens that no one sees coming, which throws the other picks out of whack, and the only picks that are usually gotten "right" are the extremely obvious. And draft grades are also a joke...until these guys get ON THE FIELD, who knows for absolute sure what's going to happen...especially when it comes to QBs? I'm obviously hopeful with Maye...the Pats figure to be so bad next season that I won't be surprised if Maye sits for the upcoming season, while the Pats take their lumps with Brissette and win 3-5 games, get another Top 5 pick, and hopefully by the end of 2025-26 begin to have enough of a young nucleus to begin a climb to respectability. I'm actually OK with Maye not being rushed, if it turns out that he needs time before he's thrown to the wolves. Pats have a TON of holes to fill; a rookie QB on a bad team isn't going to move the needle much.
  14. Happy for those players. Even though the building as is will need some work, must be nice to have such an enthusiastic fan base, as well as playing in an arena that can actually seat five figures' worth of fans. The situation in Arizona was a joke. Sucks for the fans there that were into the Coyotes, no doubt, but ask Chico and he'll tell you that there was a fair amount of Rockies fans who were actually pretty into their team too. In the end, can't make everyone happy, and Utah feels like it has a real chance to work out. Kinda cool for a place like Salt Lake City to have two major franchises call that city home. They also have the Salt Lake Bees (AAA affilate of the Angels); their home stadium (Smith's Ballpark) boasts the largest capacity stadium in AAA; it can seat 14,500. EDIT: Well, looks like the Bees are playing their last season in their current building; they're moving to a new (smaller) stadium that's supposed to be ready by 2025: Bees plan move to Daybreak; Salt Lake City seeks to 'reimagine' Smith's Ballpark | KSL.com
  15. Tampa doesn't look good at all. Their PP looks like ours, and they have made some sloppy turnovers. Panthers overall though are just faster and more skilled. About the only even thing in the series so far has been the goaltending, which has been fun to watch. Vasi has been pretty solid, but Bobrovsky has been a tad better.
  16. Getting Huberdeau at the time seemed like a solid recovery move, but he’s been incredibly disappointing for them, no question.
  17. Don’t try to continue a debate or force a narrative that no one started. Like jag just said, no one is equating him to any all-time coaches. But he does check off a lot of boxes and he seems like a good fit. At any rate I’ll happily take him over Green.
  18. No one is putting him into the realm of Bowman, Lemaire, etc. but people are looking at that half season where he turned a bottom feeding due to under performance team into a literal champion. he checks a lot of boxes this team desperately needs: accountability and discipline, isn’t immediately a players coach (this team has had too many of them, they need to tighten it up, something even Fitz admitted) and he will make them play gritty. this team didn’t adjust when speed alone wasn’t working last year, they got suffocated by any team that could clog the neutral zone. By also adding a grit aspect to their game, which suits a player like Timo, they will have a level of dynamism that leads to post season success. it doesn’t have to be Berube for me, but it needs to be someone who will crack the whip when needed and also not be afraid to hurt some feelings on occasion for the better of the organization.
  19. Berube had half a season and won a Stanley Cup, quite remarkable. However, not sure why everyone on this board somehow thinks Berube is the second coming of hockey's version of Vince Lombardi. Guys gotta tone it down a bit. I encourage you to look at a larger body of work, in different contexts where a coach was successful multiple times.
  20. Best fit or are they actually trying to hire him? Sounds like fit with NJ but Ottawa has actually called.
  21. This post could also apply to Kyrie Irving.
  22. At least the Jets made the responsible pick and not the luxury pick (Bowers) at a position that never works out for us early in the draft
  23. That tkachuck trade has to be one of the most lopsided in NHL history. Up there with Taylor Hall one for one and third overall pick for Tom Kurvers
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.