2005-06 Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey (JHL)

NJayDevil

It's time to start it up again. Defending champ is Hasan and he will automatically get the 1st pick in the draft. The draft will be live of course and will take place Tuesday September 20th at 12:30pm. That date is subject to change if we experience a majority of the members unable to make it then.

League Scoring Type:

Rotisserie

Stat Categories:

G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

Max Games Played Per Position:

Waiver Time:

2 days

Trade Deadline:

March 9th, 2006

Roster Positions:

C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR (total = 16 players)

Now that is the normal way of doing it. If you want to get real into we could switch that up and make 3 C's, 6 Winger's, 6 Defensemen, 2 goalies, 2 bench, and 1 IR. A total of 20 players but it will be more like a "full" team and we could modify the Stat Categories to fit a situation of having some Oliwa's, Marshall's, etc on your team. If we do make the switch then I would limit the league size from the usual 20 to 15.

There are only 3 GUARANTEED roster spots right now. Hasan, DevilMinder (because he is the owner of this site so unless he doesn't want to play, he has a spot) and myself. The rest is FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE with a little seniority mixed in there. I'm not going to give a spot to some guy who joined like 5 months ago and has only posted once. If he wants a spot and someone like PK wants a spot and there's only 1 left, it's going to PK. It's only fair that way. Gotta work your way to the top in life...

ONLY PEOPLE FULLY COMMITED TO UPDATING THEIR ROSTERS ON A DAILY BASIS SHOULD REQUEST TO BE IN THIS LEAGUE. In the 2 or 3 years I've done this we had a fairly good ratio of active and inactive users. I think the addition to adding seniority to the decision making will make the league highly active. Seniority will be based on Post Total. If there's 2 members fighting for a spot and they are only a few hundred from each other in post totals then it could come down to who has been a member the longest or simply who requested to be in first.

It shouldn't be that difficult of a process. Simply if you're very confident that you'll be able to maintain a team for the season then request to be in. That's all...

I'll take the first 20 legit requests (including myself, Hasan and DevilMinder) so that leaves only 17 left. If we decide to go to the more "full" roster positions on the first 15 will be taken which means the first 12 peoeple to request a spot will be in.

Hope we have another great season.

Edited by NJayDevil

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, glad I'm finally getting a chance to defend my two-time championship hehe. When everyone signs up you want me to pick the draft order at random? Since I'm keeping the first pick for myself (and having my next pick be #40 as a result) as per the terms of me winning in '04 :evil: and don't particularly care about who drafts after me.

Eh, the Tuesday afternoon draft is hideous for me there's no way I'll be at a computer at all during work. I think we should try for 9-10 at night, weekday or weekend doesn't matter to me.

PIM's should be a category for offense and saves should be a category for goalies, maybe also substitute losses for goals allowed. Generally it looks good though!

halfsharkalligatorhalfman, Sarge, Elias2662 and Gina (IAmCanadian27), you are all in.

I just randomly chose a draft date. I could change it to that Tuesday night or something. It definitely won't be on a Thrusday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday night though. Those are busy nights usually. I know on a Friday Night I don't want to sit around on the computer and do a draft, haha.

As far as changing some of the Stat Categories. I wanted to include Losses for goalies last night, I don't know why I didn't but I'll go ahead and change that (don't know why GA was checked either, guess I wasn't paying attention at that moment). I'll add Saves as well.

About the PIM's, I really don't know if I like them. Penalty Minutes really aren't a good stat. How Yahoo! does it is the the team with the most PIMs get the most points which I disagree with. Now some might say that adding Losses to the goalie stat categories isn't a good stat but Yahoo! gives the most points to the team with the fewest losses.

We'll take a vote on some things when everyone has joined or something.

halfsharkalligatorhalfman, Sarge, Elias2662 and Gina (IAmCanadian27), you are all in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I posted that before you posted. You're obviously in having the highest post total and all. And being in the league before.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and what about the hockey God???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I posted that before you posted. You're obviously in having the highest post total and all. And being in the league before.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and what about the hockey God???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're in as well. Will you be able to make the draft when I change it to Tuesday night?

I'd like to be in as well, but i dunno about a live draft...i could probably do some time like morning or really late at night, but i dunno. i'm sure i'd be fine with whatever is decided though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well unfortunately I don't see the draft happening real late at night or in the morning. You can Pre-Rank the players you want to select and then once the Draft happens the computer will pick your players based on your Pre-Rank List. You can Pre-Rank as many players as you want. In fact the more in depth you get with it, the better selections the computer will make. Would you still want in after hearing that?