2005-06 Yahoo! Fantasy Hockey (JHL)

NJayDevil

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about an A league and B league? Winner of the league will compare stats to the other league winner?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last season someone else started up another league so someone is more then welcome to start up another one. After all this is a hockey forum, there should be more then 1 fantasy league to support everyone.

A request --

NJay, I know you said you weren't sure when you were doing the draft and that the date/time you picked was pretty much a random time. Is it possible NOT to have the draft on the 15th or 16th? I will be having surgery on the 15th and won't be around for at least those two days. Thanks.

How about an A league and B league? Winner of the league will compare stats to the other league winner?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last season someone else started up another league so someone is more then welcome to start up another one. After all this is a hockey forum, there should be more then 1 fantasy league to support everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah there usually is enough interest for two leagues. Don't know if you can blanketly compare stats per se, who you're drafting against and competing against is different. In soccer terms (red can appreciate this reference), I'd think of it like Serie A and Serie B. For a little incentive, maybe the other league winner gets an automatic invite to here for next year since this does tend to be the main league.

A request --

NJay, I know you said you weren't sure when you were doing the draft and that the date/time you picked was pretty much a random time. Is it possible NOT to have the draft on the 15th or 16th? I will be having surgery on the 15th and won't be around for at least those two days. Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How does the 13th at night sound? I don't want to do on a Thrusday or Friday Night cause odds are I'll be out drinking and hanging out with my friends. A Tuesday Night is usually a nice and quiet one.

A request --

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How does the 13th at night sound? I don't want to do on a Thrusday or Friday Night cause odds are I'll be out drinking and hanging out with my friends. A Tuesday Night is usually a nice and quiet one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds good to me, wouldn't have a problem with that. I agree about Thur/Fri/Sat nights, I highly doubt I'd be around for any of those nights either. I don't want to go out of my way to make the live draft, but I'd definitely want to be around if possible...having it on the 15th/16th would mean I'd 100% NOT be there...stupid surgery... :rant:

I'd like to be in as well, but i dunno about a live draft...i could probably do some time like morning or really late at night, but i dunno. i'm sure i'd be fine with whatever is decided though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well unfortunately I don't see the draft happening real late at night or in the morning. You can Pre-Rank the players you want to select and then once the Draft happens the computer will pick your players based on your Pre-Rank List. You can Pre-Rank as many players as you want. In fact the more in depth you get with it, the better selections the computer will make. Would you still want in after hearing that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya that would be cool, i could do that. i did a yahoo thing last time there was hockey but TOTALLY forgot about the draft.

I can't guarantee I'd update my roster every day if I started losing, but I'd like to be in, I think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I were inclined to bet, I'd wager you won't have to worry about that.

But even if you did wind up with a bad team, it's a roto league with game limits so you could probably get away with having a set lineup for a while.

Seems like almost all the spots are filled now, looks like some tough competition this year.