2013-14 Albany Devils and ECHL Thread

thefiestygoat

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jas0nMacIsaac and anyone else watching: What are you thoughts on Kelly Zajac? Stat wise he appears to be having a solid year with 20 points and counting in 30 games. His brother, Darcy, did a lot less last year at an older age and still got a NHL contract...surely Kelly is on his way to earning one?

Jas0nMacIsaac and anyone else watching: What are you thoughts on Kelly Zajac? Stat wise he appears to be having a solid year with 20 points and counting in 30 games. His brother, Darcy, did a lot less last year at an older age and still got a NHL contract...surely Kelly is on his way to earning one?

He looks like a nice shifty center who also plays PK. Kelly will probably get a contract and he deserves it. He has nice chemistry with Tedenby and Demkov.

AHL
Albany defeated Manchester 5-2. Leading the offense was Timmins with 2 goals and an assist and Larsson with 3 assists. K. Zajac, Whitney, and Burlon also added goals. Kinkaid stopped 21 of 23 shots. Albany was outshot 23-21 and went 1/4 on the PP and 3/4 on the PK. Timmins, Larsson, and Kinkaid were the 3 stars. Albany dressed 7 D again with Scarlett joining Young as a healthy scratch. Here is the gamesheet.

Stats:
Keith Kinkaid: 21 GP 14-6-1, 2.07 GAA, .920 SV%, 4 SO
Scott Timmins: 22 GP 9-13-22, +7, 8 PIM, 17.31 SH%, 2.36 SH/GP
Kelly Zajac: 30 GP 4-16-20, +7, 2 PIM, 11.11 SH%, 1.2 SH/GP
Artem Demkov: 15 GP 4-3-7, +5, 4 PIM, 13.33 SH%, 2.0 SH/GP
Joe Whitney: 36 GP 14-20-34, +1, 20 PIM, 14.0 SH%, 2.77 SH/GP

ECHL
Elmira lost to Reading 4-2
Maxime Clermont: 25 Saves on 29 Shots

AHL
Albany lost to Hershey 4-1. Scoring for the Devils was Demkov (Kelly). Kinkaid stopped 12 of 16 shots in 2 periods of action and Wedgewood stopped all 5 shots he faced in the 3rd. Albany outshot Hershey 30-21 and went 0/2 on the PP and 2/4 on the PK. Albany once again dressed 7 D with Urbom joining Young as a healthy scratch. Here is the gamesheet.

Stats:
Keith Kinkaid: 22 GP 14-7-1, 2.18 GAA, .915 SV%, 4 SO
Scott Wedgewood: 15 GP 7-6-1, 2.73 GAA, .890 SV%, 1 SO
Artem Demkov: 16 GP 5-3-8, +6, 4 PIM, 14.71 SH%, 2.13 SH/GP

ECHL
Elmira lost to Reading 3-0
Maxime Clermont: DNP

Didn't think this was worth a new thread until it's more than a rumor. Tedenby to HC Lev Praha (KHL)? Ex-Devil Petr Vrana currently plays there. Source

Makeshift translation:

Now it seems that the connection with the organization Devils players can quickly end. Tedenby contract expires after the season, the player, according to information from the north of Europe does not want to wait for the summer months, he would rather chose assurance interesting engagement in the KHL. He talks mainly about the Prague Leo. "From our side would be interested., But the player still has a valid contract in the NHL," admits the club's sports director Rashid Chabibullin. Time is running out, unlike other European competitions the Russian Continental League transfer deadline on Wednesday. Thus, the 15th January. "Some negotiations are taking place now to do but can not say anything more," adds Chabibulin.

https://twitter.com/IgorEronko/status/423088884939894785

"GM of Prague #Lev: '#Devils were ok with Mattias Tedenby moving to #KHL but their position has just changed, so he stays there'"

This makes sense from a Devils standpoint. Albany could really use him the rest of this season but then the Devils could part ways with him in the offseason. Albany is looking at a logjam of forwards next season and could use the spot Tedenby would open.

On a side note I wonder if Lou would not qualify RFA's like Wohlberg or Hoeffel this summer to help create room for the junior players coming in and perhaps a NCAA UDFA signing. I'd add Boychuk to the do not qualify list but even if he is under contract, he'd be most likely in the ECHL anyway.

i was wondering what demkovs story was too, all i know is he seems on the small side, hes belorussian, wears 21# and there are some similarities to lokti.

can find open ice with a quick snap shot but seems undersized 

i definitely do pay attention to nationality so hes polish to me :ph34r:

like lokti with less stick handling but a better shot maybe, im guessing.

https://twitter.com/IgorEronko/status/423088884939894785

"GM of Prague #Lev: '#Devils were ok with Mattias Tedenby moving to #KHL but their position has just changed, so he stays there'"

This makes sense from a Devils standpoint. Albany could really use him the rest of this season but then the Devils could part ways with him in the offseason. Albany is looking at a logjam of forwards next season and could use the spot Tedenby would open.

On a side note I wonder if Lou would not qualify RFA's like Wohlberg or Hoeffel this summer to help create room for the junior players coming in and perhaps a NCAA UDFA signing. I'd add Boychuk to the do not qualify list but even if he is under contract, he'd be most likely in the ECHL anyway.

I wouldn't be that surprised if he goes by tomorrow.   If the Devils are going to punt on him it doesn't make sense to pay him 1 way money in Albany, and he was traded for in the KHL

Larsson will be (soon enough) be top 4 guy in NJ.  He's being used on pp/pk in Albany and plays a lil more relaxed. He played great when paired w/ Geli.  I'm stoked about how well Fayne is playing too. We finally have (NHL calibre) D men at least in the pipeline. 

I don't see how sitting JJ does anything to advance his game. 

AHL
Albany defeated Utica 8-3 for their 2nd 8 goal performance of the season and 3rd in franchise history. Whitney had 2 goals and Tedenby, Pelley, K. Zajac, Pesonen, Sislo, and Hoeffel each added one. Kinkaid stopped 31 of 34 shots including a penalty shot. Whitney, McKelvie, and K. Zajac were the 3 stars. Albany played with 6 D so Burlon, Hrabarenka, and Young were healthy scratches. Here is the gamesheet.

ECHL Thursday
Elmira defeated Cincinnati 5-4
Maxime Clermont G: 25 Saves on 29 Shots

ECHL Friday
Elmira defeated Fort Wayne 5-3
Maxime Clermont G: 20 Saves on 22 Shots in 40:00 - Injured on a collision late in 2nd.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Albany defeated Adirondack 4-1. Scoring for the Devils was Pelley (Kelly, Kinkaid), K. Zajac (Tedenby, Burlon), Demkov (Kelly), and Sestito (McKelvie, Pesonen). Kinkaid stopped 21 of 22 shots and was first star. Albany outshot Adirondack 26-22 and went 0/2 on the PP and 3/4 on the PK. McKelvie, Matteau, and Hrabarenka all picked up fighting majors. Urbom and Scarlett were the healthy D scratches. Here is the gamesheet.

Stats:
Keith Kinkaid: 24 GP 16-7-1, 2.17 GAA, .916 SV%
Kelly Zajac: 33 GP 6-17-23, +9, 2 PIM, 15.38 SH%, 1.18 SH/GP
Artem Demkov: 18 GP 6-4-10, +9, 4 PIM, 15.78 SH%, 2.11 SH/GP
Harri Pesonen: 39 GP 7-11-18, +8, 34 PIM, 8.43 SH%, 2.12 SH/GP

Roster note: D Harry Young and LW Riley Boychuk have been reassigned to Elmira.