what was the last concert(s) u attended??

annabelle

I've been dying to see Bloc Party live, how were they?

They were pretty damn good. Good stage presence, entertaining, good setlist.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw 311 and Matisyahu last night at PNC.

Matisyahu -- AWESOME.

311 -- worst time I've seen them. :saddevil: Every time I've seen them, they've played 22+ songs, this time, easily only about 16. They were GREAT, and they played some crazy different songs, but I was super bummed they didn't play Hydroponic, Freak Out, Who's Got the Herb, fvck the Bullsh!t, etc. Nice to hear Nix Hex and as usual, Chad's drum solo and the drum line was sick. I wish Nick would have given credit to Tim Mahoney during Nix Hex though, he always has a sick 10 minute guitar solo and he usually says something...last night, they just went into a different song.

Love Song was awkward with Matisyahu, I'm not sure if it worked or not. Eh.

Worst of all though, they didn't even do an encore! THEY ALWAYS DO AN ENCORE! Ah well. Still a good time.

I went to see 311 last night at Jones Beach. You pretty much sum up my feelings about the show. 311 threw down but the set list was a little short. They did play a one song encore though. The crowd made me feel very old lol.

Matisyahu was also pretty good.

But boy how times have changed. I was pretty ripped before I went into the damn place but I really thought I was losing my mind when I didn't see not one person holding a beer. I haven't been to Jones beach in probably like 4 year but when did they stop serving alcohol? This was worse then last week when when PNC limited everybody to 3 drinks for TOOL.

Next week I get to see my homeboy Chris Cornell at the Beacon. Long live Seattle :rock:

Edited by SickMan

Saw Goo Goo Dolls/Lifehouse a couple days ago.

Saw Tool July 14th at the Pepsi. Cool visual show.

Gonna see 311 on Monday in Saratoga. RD, can you give me some clue to the setlist? I'm not much of a 311 fan and I want to download some of the songs before the show.

Still have Family Values, Incubus, and Alice in Chains on the plate for the rest of the summer too. Woo!

hilary duff, woot! lmao seriously :S John Fogerty on Monday, but I didn't go to see him, went to catch Jim Cuddy (from Blue Rodeo) who was the opening act..Cuddy rules!

Edited by annabelle

The Police at Giants Stadium, very professional rock show. They had the crowd going and sounded wonderful.

Setlist:

-Message in a Bottle

-Synchronicity 2

-Walking on the Moon

-When the World is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around

-Don't Stand So Close to Me

-Oh My God

-Truth Hits Everybody

-The Bed's Too Big Without You

-Every Little Thing She Does is Magic

-Wrapped Around Your Finger

-De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

-Invisible Sun

-Walking in Your Footsteps

-Can't Stand Losing You

-Roxanne

-King of Pain

-So Lonely

-Every Breath You Take

-Next to You

I can't think of a hit that they didn't play. Maybe Synchronicity 1, but that's really it.

Muse last night at Madison Square Garden was rediculous.

I'd seen them twice before...once up close at Curiosa three years ago (cosnidering they played six songs and during the daytime at an outdoor festival, it totally blew me away) and once from the bar at Electric Factory in Philly (not bad, but not great).

So considering I was about as far away as one could get, it should have sucked, but it DIDNT. Totally amazing.

Opened with Knights of Cydonia, closed with Take A Bow, and played just about every wekk-known or rocking in their repitoire (including the cover of Feeling Good). 19 songs in total, friggin awesome.

Cold War Kids were also surprisingly good. I'd like to see them in a small venue. They looked like they were having fun and could probably really draw an auidience into their performance in a club. Some people were won over it looked like regardless.

Next up is Incubus/The Bravery on Friday, and Ozzfest next Thursday (though I'm having less and less interest as more and more bands I actually wanted to see drop off)

The Police at Giants Stadium, very professional rock show. They had the crowd going and sounded wonderful.

Setlist:

-Message in a Bottle

-Synchronicity 2

-Walking on the Moon

-When the World is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around

-Don't Stand So Close to Me

-Oh My God

-Truth Hits Everybody

-The Bed's Too Big Without You

-Every Little Thing She Does is Magic

-Wrapped Around Your Finger

-De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

-Invisible Sun

-Walking in Your Footsteps

-Can't Stand Losing You

-Roxanne

-King of Pain

-So Lonely

-Every Breath You Take

-Next to You

I can't think of a hit that they didn't play. Maybe Synchronicity 1, but that's really it.

Who are you looking forward to? I just can't get into most of these second stagers. A friend keeps telling me to give 3 Inches Of Blood a try, I'll check them out before the show.

Lordi seems like they'll be hilarious. I guess Ozzfest could always use some irreverence, most of the bands tend to be either personality-challenged or total downers (except where someone like Killswitch Engage or Everytime I Die are playing).

Part of me wants to just show up for Ozzy, but part of me wants to just be there the whole day. So yeah, I dunno.

Edited by devilsfan26

I'm looking forward to Ozzy because I went last year but my one friend went to Ozzfest the year before and already saw him so he wanted to just get out of there before the traffic which kinda pissed me off. Lamb of God is one of my favorite bands but they probably won't be as fun in the lawn as they were when I saw them at Sounds of the Underground a couple years ago. I haven't listened to Behemoth much but they seem like a band I would like. 3 Inches of Blood is another one of my favorites, and I'm really enjoying their new cd that just came out recently. I see Devildriver replaced Mondo Generator, Devildriver is another one of my favorite bands and they also just came out with a new cd that I'm looking forward to hearing them play live. Other than them I don't really care about any other bands there.

As for Killswitch Engage and Everytime I Die, those are the kinds of bands I just can't seem to get into heh.

• 2 months later...

Korn and going to rape and pillage to get tickets for Bon Jovi on December 6th....WOOT

if it comes down to it yes, i will indeed