Devils Meet and Greet

msweet

I have to say it.. in fact I think I'll have to have a whole thread devoted to it... I'd just LOVE to dress Stevens. It's not that he looks bad - but the clothes aren't speaking for him and the man has SO MUCH to say and then doesn't -- the clothes HAVE to do it for you, bud!

I'll just go work on that thread in off topic.

Oh I LOVE that suit 0 it's my favorite one -- did I actually post that in off topic? I had a whole plan to but I ... well... I got all picky and I never posted a few I was going to post. :blush: I keep rethinking how I'd dress him because he'd feel -- fey...

Edited by Pepperkorn

As a very rough guess I'll say the Fire lounge had 300-400 people in it.

My daughter and I were in the Fire Loung too and we thought we saw you but you were on the other side of the room. Just wanted to say hi. As for the event, we both had a great time too. We (either both of us or at least my daughter) got our picture taken with just about everyone there. We also have pictures with Brodeur, CLarkson, Martin, Oduya, Peters, Pandolfo, Rolston, Langebrunner, Eliast, Danis, Greene, Motteau, Lemaire. We were on our way to speak with Larry when he just stepped out the door.

I swear I need better friends. Sigh, all my friends are very meh about sports. I'd get the season tickets but a solo ticket just stinks. The Devils fan club/legion thing do a season ticket thing where you can meet up with other fans?

This event sounded great and it's sounds so nice to meet the players as real people. If I had gone, I'd have made sure to tell........

...Dean McAmmond what an awesome year he's having and his hustle and smarts really show on the ice.

...Zajac to shoot the darn puck more.

... Lemaire how much I appreciate what he is doing for the kids and the vets

... Lou L, thanks for bringing talent, heart and intelligence to NJ.

... Stevens... I'd ask him about hitting in hockey and why you dont' see that kind of crushing checks and shoulder shots in the NHL anymore?

.. I'd also tell Rolston I love the 'winks' after a goal. haha. He is funny.

This is a great thread, I loved reading all the stories and the pics. Impressive job by the Devils.

Scoops

Here are a few of my photos from the meet and greet:

16846_721959350624_11322515_42121736_4333773_n.jpg

16846_721959515294_11322515_42121767_778778_n.jpg

16846_721959425474_11322515_42121749_2419555_n.jpg

16846_721959435454_11322515_42121751_1669182_n.jpg

The rest can be seen here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2328446&id=11322515&l=4264254505

It was really a great time, and I got photos with almost everyone. I skipped over Parise and Clarkson because they had pretty long lines and I already got to meet them at the BBQ event.

Peters was really friendly and funny. Someone told him that if he punched Avery in the face, they would break out the cowbell for him, and he replied, "I'd do that for free!" Also, when I was taking a picture of him and my brother, he asked me to take it again because he was afraid he blinked and ruined the first one. That was pretty nice of him (even though it turned out he didn't blink!).

Pelley was great also...he was joking that he stood next to Elias on purpose so everybody would flock to Patty and leave him with some space.

Leblond told me he liked my hat...lol.

Rolston and McAmmond were some other guys who were really genuine and nice. Nobody was rude or mean, but there were a few guys who you could tell were less than thrilled to be there (Elias and Niedermayer come to mind).

Edited by JWomp

My wife and have never had a bad experience talking to or associating with Elias at any time or place. Maybe it's because we know his next door neighbor lol, but i think Patrik gets a bad rap with some fans during and after events like this. IMO, he's a nice guy who doesn't seem comfortable mingling around larger crowds like this event and there's nothing wrong with that. What do some expect? Not everyone is as outgoing like Andrew Peters and Brian Rolston around crowds of fans (Two other genuinely nice players).

Edited by SJP20

Peters was really friendly and funny. Someone told him that if he punched Avery in the face, they would break out the cowbell for him, and he replied, "I'd do that for free!" Also, when I was taking a picture of him and my brother, he asked me to take it again because he was afraid he blinked and ruined the first one. That was pretty nice of him (even though it turned out he didn't blink!).

I had the same thing happen with Oduya and it was good that he caught it because he blinked the first time.

My wife and have never had a bad experience talking to or associating with Elias at any time or place. Maybe it's because we know his next door neighbor lol, but i think Patrik gets a bad rap with some fans during and after events like this. IMO, he's a nice guy who doesn't seem comfortable mingling around larger crowds like this event and there's nothing wrong with that. What do some expect? Not everyone is as outgoing like Andrew Peters and Brian Rolston around crowds of fans (Two other genuinely nice players).

I have always found Elias to be quiet and shy but very nice. After the Atlanta game last week, I asked him if he would sign a green St. Patrick's day hat if I brought it to a game. I brought it with me on Tuesday night and he gladly signed it. It's now one of my favorite pieces of Devils memorabilia and I have a pretty good collection.

Also, I used to have season tickets in Lowell, and when I mentioned that to Fraser he said that he remembered me and even remembered that I gave him a picture that I took of him at his first NHL game in Ottawa, which I happened to be at. He is just a really nice guy and I am happy that he is having so much success in NJ.

This was another great event, though very cramped for space.

Highlights:

- Asking Marty "What records are left?" His response, laughing, "Not too many in the regular season. There are still some in the playoffs." My response, "Great, aim for those!"

- Negotiating my way to get a picture with Langenbrunner before he left (basically kept talking to his handler until I was standing next to Langs)

- Getting my picture with Fraser just 'cause he looks so damn happy to be a part of everything. I told him it looked like he was having some fun on the ice nowadays, and his response was, "I'm having a blast!"

- Picture with Jacques, who was just beaming - and who then tried to be helpful and warned me, "Watch head!" when he thought I was going to hit it on the edge of the flatscreen TV just next to us

- Seeing Elias making a cup of tea while posing for photos. Somehow, this was really fitting.

- During the Lowell/Hartford game, I was scanning the crowd. You see all these empty seats and boxes - and then, there's Lou's box: filled with guys in suits and ties watching the game. I wasn't quite sure who everyone was in there, though. I recognized Lou, Jacques Lemaire, Jacques Caron, Chris Terreri, Larry Robinson, Scott Stevens, Mario Tremblay, Tommy Albelin. But there were at least three other guys in there I didn't recognize. Anyone know?

re: Peters -- I talked to him (and Pelley) for a long time at the first meet 'n greet in the beginning of the season, and he seems like such a genuinely nice guy. Makes it hard to get really pissed at him when he's not doing well, knowing that he's a decent dude.

And Scott Stevens doesn't have hands. They're paws.

This was another great event, though very cramped for space.

Highlights:

- Asking Marty "What records are left?" His response, laughing, "Not too many in the regular season. There are still some in the playoffs." My response, "Great, aim for those!"

Classic Iggy. LMAO

And Scott Stevens doesn't have hands. They're paws.

My husband has the hugest hands I've ever encountered (seriously - everyone always challenges him thinking they'll have comparable... then they walk away shaking their heads muttering "freak" under their breath) so I'd LOVE to have those two go hand to hand! :giggle:

and you know what big hands mean... :uni:

...an extremely limited glove selection :rolleyes: It's REALLY annoying.... I think Stevens's would be bigger

- Picture with Jacques, who was just beaming - and who then tried to be helpful and warned me, "Watch head!" when he thought I was going to hit it on the edge of the flatscreen TV just next to us

Sadly I caught the corner of one of those... it sucked. I have a nice lump on my head from it too. :(

I feel like a spammer right now as I've posted the following message in couple other threads already. (Sorry!) These are the kinds of photos we'd love to spotlight in a Devils Legion photo gallery (and on Facebook). It'd be much appreciated for anyone to send their photos over. Thanks in advance, -DL

That form is cumbersome. If you want to send one photo it is ok. But I'll give you a bunch if you make it easier for me.