N.F.L Week 10

CRASHER

Holy hell... it's already the stretch run in the NFL??? DAMN... it goes too fast!!!

(and they pick a day I eat LUNCH at 6pm for the first prime time game... CMONNNN)

Well like I said.. byes are almost done.... 7 weeks to go... this is men from the boys time!!

Thursday Nov. 12:

Bears at 49ers:

This makes me very happy I have a hockey game tonight... and I don'thave to watch either of these phonies play football tonight... the49ers are a QB away from anything now and the Alex Smith crash n burnPROVES IT, the Bears have not been wonderful either, but they have aQB and are actually playing some offense and the whole Singletary thingis a nice side note.. I wanna go for the 49ers they got guts and a lilsomething to them... but the QB play KILLS them time and time and timeagain.... and it will this week too....amazing how it all ended at 3-0for them??

Prediction: da BEARS

Game Quality: ** (my hockey game in Mo-Town will be better)

Sunday Nov. 15:

Atlanta at Carolina:

the Panthers had it all RIGHT THERE.... a chance to ice the Saints andbounce back from their awful start... and it's bad enough they didn'twin, but to make it worse it wasn't a Delhomme collapse that caused it(you get used to those by now), Atlanta is a team that is good atbeating teams they are better then (and little else) but that's allthey need to get past Carolina here....

Prediction: Carolina

Game Quality: ** 1/2

Tampa at Miami:

Hmmmm, this could be anti-football kids!! The Bucs are RED HOT aftertheir EPIC WIN against the Packers (more on them later).... and herecomes a team that is still trying hard to find itself...a good rungame, a decent D, but ZERO pass catching powers and a growing QB inHenne.... and Tampa had a gift from the Packers...and Miami hasdelusions of divisons.... while Tampa is waiting to get on the DraftClock....

Prediction: Fiiiiisssssshhhh!

Game Quality: **

Lions at Vikings:

*insert Brett Favre ass kissing here*.....and *insert Lions bashinghere*.... someone tell Stafford and Calvin Johnson to get a roomsomewhere and learn some damn chemistry.... get back to me when theyDO.... Favre-a-mania makes me as sick as it did for Hulk Hogan back in83.....

Prediction: what ya gonna do brothe....

Game Quality: DUD

Jaguars at NY Jets:

Wow... this game is kinda interesting... both teams beat up on frauds,both teams don't get great QB pay and both teams play tough defense andrun the sh!t out of the ball.....this is a tough one....the Jets had aweek off and I think some extra desperation going on there....I dothink the Jets are a little bit better then the Jags though.... atossed nacho salad explosion could change that though :P.... this gamedoes have fascinating written all over it though.....

Prediction: Jets

Game Quality: ***

Bengals at Steelers:

Never have the Bengals swept the Steelers and Ravens since the ModellMove.... fun fact... Chad 85 is running his mouth again and I gotta sayit's been fun to see, the Steelers ruined my life last week holding theBroncos to a TD and a FG (they really did :P).... and they seem to havesome running game again in Mendenhall.... can the Bengals do it?? I'mnot fully convinced....it will be good, it will be close... but to bethe man.... they ain't the man yet.....

Prediction: Steelers

Game Quality: ****

Saints at Rams:

Talking about this beatdown is borderline cruel and unuaual punishmentand i can't do it... this will be ugly and it will not be slow... youwill not enjoy this St.Louis and it might even get bloody.... hide thekids.... I smell a fifty-burger!

Prediction: Saints

Game Quality: DUD (you've heard about men vs boys, this is men vs fetuses!)

Buffalo at Titans:

NO TOe ... now it'a a HIP, and Trent Edwards is back?? Is Jauron BRAINDEAD??? Is it bad when the Titans circle a game and say THIS IS A WIN..oh it's true.. it's damn true, the Titans seem to have righted the shipand Vince Young >>> Capt. Checkdown anyday!!

Prediction: Titans

Anti-Football Game Quality: *** 1/2

Denver at Washington:

Fret not Broncos the losing streak ends here.. the Redskins are almosttoo bad to make fun of... though you'd think Jason Campbell wouldtackle better then he does with all the practice he has with theinterceptions....the Broncos look a helluva lot better in a HURRY herewith this one....not too much to joke about there....

Prediction: Denver

Game Quality: *

4pm:

Chiefs at Raiders:

If these two didn't play twice a year this would be EPIC anti-footballI swear!!!! But still it's two sh!t teams battling to not be the one tohave to clean the bowl.... and since the chiefs DID flush LarryJohnson.... maybe it's an omen for them.... will the Raiders break 10points, or 10 first downs?? I'd bet on neither.....

Prediction: CHEFS!

Game Quaility: * 1/2

Seattle at Arizona:

Arizona comes off pasting the Bears but good, and Seatlle comes offsurviving the Lions... not a good combination :P...Seattle has problemsin every non-skill position on the field and the Cards are starting tolook like NFC West winners again... and hallowed by thy name!!! I wouldlaugh a lil hard if Seattle won on a hail Mary... but I ain't holdingmy breath :P

Prediction: Well I'm starting Warner over Hasselbeck :P

Game Quality: **

Dallas at Green Bay:

Oh the packers... the team that COULDN'T BLOCK TAMPA BAY!!!! And herecomes Ratliff and Ware and the Cowboys into town... it's not aboutoffense and X's and O's in this one... it's how many times does A-Rodget pummelled by the Dallas defense... yeah they can do this and thatAND THEY LOST TO TAMPA fvckING BAY!!! You ain't in our LEAGUE pal....NFC East leaders ROLL like a truck through Bayonne!!!!

Prediction: even need to ask??

Game Quality: * (damn near a squash though)

Phily at San Diego:

and here come the Chargers again... it's November... it's time theykick it into gear... and here go the Eagles... I had fans whining at metoday WAH THE REFS HAD IT IN FOR THE EAGLES... they had money on thegame... REALLY??!?! how about you tell you fat fvcking walrus coach HOWTO MANAGE A GAME AND NOT WASTE ALL YOUR TIME OUTS ON IDIOT CHALLENGESand maybe adjust to a team or two and stop your linemen from gettingCARVED FOR LUNCH idiot!!! Yeah I'm down on the Eagles again... andWestbrook might play and he's been AWFUL all year.....not to mentionSteroid Shawne has found the QB again... this may not be easy but itwill not be a win for Phily... let's call it ... post-world seriesdepression :P

Prediction: Chargers

8pm:

Pats at Colts:

Well here it comes... the smoke n mirrors pats.... and the how the hellare they doing it Colts? Like I keep saying I don't know how the Coltsare doing it... I get the Manning thing and all but this team has sooomany holes it should be team Swiss... but here it comes primetime andall... should be a good game... and the teams are kinda similar... butthis is the kinda game you think the experience of the hooded doucheshould come into play and he can pull one out of his hate and keep thebest non-divisional rivalry in the league going, it will be good atleast.... we'll see this game again later me thinks....

Prediction: Pats

Monday Nov. 16:

Ravens at Browns:

Someone in the NFL hates ESPN and I like thsi!!! This game is cruel andunusual punishment and makes Raw and Trauma look more inviting!! helleven the Devils game that night looks more better!!! I can't go onabout this.... i got better things to do... least the pop-gun offensegets to reload this week.....

Prediction: Ravens:

Game Quality: DUD

Power Rankings Week 9:

AFC:

1. Colts.... blah

2. Steelers.... remember them?

3. Bengals....still kicking like champs....

4. Broncos... COME BACK KYLE ORTON!!!

5. Pats... the Evil Empire is looming.....

NFC:

1. Saints... charmed existence and karma on their side....

2. Dallas....the biggest pass of Romo's career went all of four yards....

3. Vikings... still serving: frauds and pretenders.....

4. Arizona... a wing and Kurt Warner's prayers....

5. Atlanta... still a step behind....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears QB Jay Cutler sucks the high heavens for damn sake! He threw 5-INT's tonight vs. the 49'ers who can't get out of their own way. This is the same Cutler who thinks he has a better arm than John Elway? :doh1: Could have fooled me Jay. Cutler sucks and he blew that DUD of a game tonight for the Bears twice in the red zone including the last drive to end the game. He could have ran that in for the game winning TD. 49'ers were fortunate to escape with a 10-6 win. A DUD of a game to start Thursday nights on the NFL network. Also the announcers for tonight's game sucked as well. A real snooze-fest...

Bears QB Jay Cutler sucks the high heavens for damn sake! He threw 5-INT's tonight vs. the 49'ers who can't get out of their own way. This is the same Cutler who thinks he has a better arm than John Elway? :doh1: Could have fooled me Jay. Cutler sucks and he blew that DUD of a game tonight for the Bears twice in the red zone including the last drive to end the game. He could have ran that in for the game winning TD. 49'ers were fortunate to escape with a 10-6 win. A DUD of a game to start Thursday nights on the NFL network. Also the announcers for tonight's game sucked as well. A real snooze-fest...

Cutler does suck, which is why I said the BEARS would not make the playoffs, he is a turnover machine.

You might as well not televise the Thursday games as the NFL network does not exist for alot of people.

When Comcast buys NBC, I could see Versus being a Thursday night football destination

Crasher, what does "The biggest pass of Tony Romo's career went all of 4 yards" mean? Are you referring to the 3rd and 3 pass at the end of the game? Because I'd think the Miles pass in that game alone was a better pass (absolutely perfect ball after a favre-like fake)-- all on 3rd and 13 no less.

I'm thinking MB that what Crasher means was that 4 yard pass to Whitten was the pass that got Dallas the first down to end the game.

Yes the pass to Miles was a beaut, but that four yarder sealed the deal, that's where I think Crasher is coming from.

I vaguely remember the Austin 60-yard TD against KC in OT not going very far in the air, that could also have been what CRASHER meant by '4 yards in the air'...that certainly was the 'Boys biggest win as it turned out. Sometimes it really does take an ugly win to turn the worm.

I'm so annoyed I don't get to see Wilbon rant on PTI after Cutler spit the bit last night :P

EDIT: Just YouTubed the OT pass, actually it was more like 14 yards in the air so I guess you guys were right, but I still think that play was clearly the biggest of the 'Boys season.

Edited by Hasan4978

The play you're talking about is obvious enough, but why it was the biggest pass of his career has me completely bewildered. I don't know how anyone who claims to watch all of the Cowboys game can think that a minor 4 yard pass in a regular season in November, that went for a 1st down, is the defining moment of the game, let alone of the dude's career.

Hrmmm, again this should be pretty easy.... 3rd and 3... game on the line... first place on the line... driver's seat in the NFC East on the line....this ONE PASS ends the game and seals the deal, something Romo until that point had NEVER been able (or had to) do until that spot and that moment.... the big play can still be a little play after all (and not to mention Romo's been AWFUL in Phily in his past)

IF, Dallas makes a run this year... that play is the big turning point in a big spot is the point you'll look back to as how it BEGAN

The Witten pass to end the game in Philly without a doubt was big but I would say, as Hasan briefly mentioned, the OT pass to Austin was pretty big. In fact, that would be the turning point in the season even if we end up doing nothing substantial in the end. It kept us from going 2-3 heading into the bye, got Austin on a roll, synced up or offense and started what, at least right now, is a 4 game winning streak...

The Witten pass to end the game in Philly without a doubt was big but I would say, as Hasan briefly mentioned, the OT pass to Austin was pretty big. In fact, that would be the turning point in the season even if we end up doing nothing substantial in the end. It kept us from going 2-3 heading into the bye, got Austin on a roll, synced up or offense and started what, at least right now, is a 4 game winning streak...

I agree with Udx, you can't describe anything as a turning point when they'd already won three in a row coming into the game. Kicking it into high gear maybe, a turning point for Romo personally in big games, I could buy that though it remains to be seen...

But going back to the Chiefs game some people might have been fired or at least the hot seat would have been hotter if they'd lost to an 0-5 team heading into the bye. They don't destroy Atlanta the way they did after the bye if they were still floundering.

The first big Romo-Austin play late in the fourth quarter with the game tied was almost as big as the one in OT - which was 2nd and 15 halfway through the OT. I only know how big that game was cause I happened to be watching the finish of it (you could tell from the celebration how much of a weight got lifted from their shoulders), and I've paid more attention to the Boys than normal since I have now both Romo and Austin on my other fantasy team :P

Edited by Hasan4978

I agree with Udx, you can't describe anything as a turning point when they'd already won three in a row coming into the game. Kicking it into high gear maybe, a turning point for Romo personally in big games, I could buy that though it remains to be seen...

But going back to the Chiefs game some people might have been fired or at least the hot seat would have been hotter if they'd lost to an 0-5 team heading into the bye. They don't destroy Atlanta the way they did after the bye if they were still floundering.

The first big Romo-Austin play late in the fourth quarter with the game tied was almost as big as the one in OT - which was 2nd and 15 halfway through the OT. I only know how big that game was cause I happened to be watching the finish of it (you could tell from the celebration how much of a weight got lifted from their shoulders), and I've paid more attention to the Boys than normal since I have now both Romo and Austin on my other fantasy team :P

+1.

The OT pass from Romo to Austin was huge and got the team rolling into first place in the NFC East especially the way they won that game then the Eagles game. The next big pass was the 49-yard TD pass from Romo to Austin in the 4th Qtr. vs. the Eagles.

Then that 4-yard pass to Witten for the 1st down to run out the clock and have NFC East supremacy over the Eagles for 1st place. :evil:

Just wondering with that Cowboys defense how many times will they sack Rodgers? LOL! Tampa Bay sacked him 6-times last week and Dallas can do a lot more than that this week. Ware, Ratliff, Spencer, Bowen, James, Brooking and Hatcher probably cannot wait to bury Rodgers in that tundra. LOL!

Edited by SatansDevils

Dallas at Green Bay:

Oh the packers... the team that COULDN'T BLOCK TAMPA BAY!!!! And herecomes Ratliff and Ware and the Cowboys into town... it's not aboutoffense and X's and O's in this one... it's how many times does A-Rodget pummelled by the Dallas defense... yeah they can do this and thatAND THEY LOST TO TAMPA fvckING BAY!!! You ain't in our LEAGUE pal....NFC East leaders ROLL like a truck through Bayonne!!!!

Prediction: even need to ask??

Game Quality: * (damn near a squash though)

So, yeah, you obviously meant Green Bay with "even need to ask??", right? :P

LOL..... Cowboys had a chance to really take a lead on the NFC east (with eagles losing today), now its still up for grabs. That was a bad loss by the cowboys, too many mistakes, penalties, interceptions, and fumbles... Cant win games when you give the ball away. lol

Wow that was the brassiest set of balls I've ever seen going on 4th and 2 on your own 25 :blink:

He's done it before, but probably not at this magnitude. No matter what the MMQBs say. I actually think it was a pretty interesting call. If I'm Bill, I might trust my offense to get 2 yards over my defense against Peyton Manning in the two-minute drill. I'm sure everyone will be all over Belichick though.

Edited by devilsrule33

He's done it before, but probably not at this magnitude. No matter what the MMQBs say. I actually think it was a pretty interesting call. If I'm Bill, I might trust my offense to get 2 yards over my defense against Peyton Manning in the two-minute drill. I'm sure everyone will be all over Belichick though.

I was saying it at the moment of it... I don't know if I had the cajones :blink:

But still... that whole sequence was a major moment of FUBAR all around

Way to go Bill...nice going, completely fvcking your team over.

As a Pat fan, I don't know what to take away from this game. Clearly the #1 seed is out of play. Hopefully they find their way to the #2. Had they gotten killed tonight I would've labeled the Pats pretenders for sure, but I can't expect the Pats to hold Payton to that many three-and-outs the next go around, if there is one. So I guess they fall somewhere between pretender and contender. This was horrible no matter how I look at it. Bill's going to be beat up for this one and deserves to.

The funny thing, not for NE fans, is that they got the first down. Even though he bobbled the ball, he gained position at the first down line and forward progress should have given them the first down.

Now could NE challenge if they had timeouts, or once it hits two minutes no challenges can be made?

Edited by devilsrule33

they needed to have a challenge to challenge that play.

belichick and brady's timeout usage and playcalling on that sequence were poor, but the decision to go for it was very close. this decision will take the focus off the fact that the patriots had a garbage defense that couldn't stop anything in the fourth quarter - most coaches just fall on their sword there and hope that somehow manning doesn't drive down the field (which sometimes he won't).

they needed to have a challenge to challenge that play.

belichick and brady's timeout usage and playcalling on that sequence were poor, but the decision to go for it was very close. this decision will take the focus off the fact that the patriots had a garbage defense that couldn't stop anything in the fourth quarter - most coaches just fall on their sword there and hope that somehow manning doesn't drive down the field (which sometimes he won't).

Thanks...I had just finished watching Curb and hadn't seen all of the second half. I was just thinking. If you are Belichek, and you don't trust your defense (or maybe you trust your offense a little too much), why not put 8 in the box and let Manning try and beat them with the pass, or let the Colts just score with a 1:20 left and have the Patriots have 80 seconds to gain 35-40 yards to kick a field goal?

You just knew the Colts were scoring anyway...