You're OTHER favorite teams......

annabelle

Can't really say I am a diehard fan of any other sport than hockey, and like so many others here, I can watch, and enjoy just about any hockey game. That being said I do pay some attention to the following.

NFL - Giants, grew up watching them, though my interest has lessened over the years

Baseball - The Mets, and any team that is playing the Yankees. Although I barely if ever watch Baseball, I hate the Yankees with a passion.

NBA - Never watch it, but I would root for the Nets, because of the Jersey connection.

Motocross - Chad Reed. Although not my favorite rider of all time, he is just such a smooth rider.

Formula 1 - Always rooting for the McLarens, and BAR.

Thats about it, I realized while writing this that I really don't watch much sports anymore. Kids can keep you pretty active, I guess...

Chris

Other than that, no real favorite teams. Favorite athletes yes- Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe, Jayne Torvil & Christopher Dean, Agassi, Holy Bull, Silver Charm, Mr. Bud Weisar & John Henry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Torvill & Dean - absolutely! They were sheer greatness.

NFL - Cowboys, I guess, but I don't really care.

NBA - Mavericks, ditto

MLB - Rangers (futile, I know)

NHL - ;) Stars, Devils, Panthers, Flames

tennis - all-time favorite is Stefan Edberg; I like Agassi, too.

Edited by Nieuwy25

NFL - Patriots (fan for about 15 years)

MLB - White Sox (fan for about 17 years)

NBA - Nets (fan for 8 years)... although I might need a new team when they relocate to Brooklyn. We'll see how my allegiance fares.

College basketball - Illinois (fan for about 20 years -- and that's saying something, given my age!)

College football - I've got a soft spot for Penn State (grew up in PA and my best friends were diehard fans... I still remember the glory days of Kerry Collins and Ki-Jana Carter... and how they got screwed out of a championship!). Illinois is in here, but man, they friggin' blow. Looks like they're making progress to turning it around, although they have a long way to go. Still, push comes to shove, it's Illinois all the way.

College football - I've got a soft spot for Penn State (grew up in PA and my best friends were diehard fans... I still remember the glory days of Kerry Collins and Ki-Jana Carter... and how they got screwed out of a championship!).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drank with Ki-Jana Carter (at Cafe 210 West if anyone's familiar) when he came up to State College for Homecoming a few years ago. He was with OJ McDuffie and some other NFL player. That was pretty cool.

I still love one fraternity's rush shirt that said "Kerry Collins puked on our porch".

As redruM wrote "How can you be a fan of 2 teams in the same league??"

I too do NOT get it??

Anyway.

NBA: Nets (until they move to brooklyn)

College BB: Duke Blue Devils (Bobby Hurley, the greatest blue devil of all time)

Tennis: Bjorn Borg

Formula 1: Kimi Raikkonen

IRL: Kenny Brack

Soccer: Djurgarden (swedish elite league)

Hockey: Vasby (3rd league in sweden and my hometown! www.vasbyhockey.nu)

ha i used to LOVE the leafs...only because next to sean burke, cujo was my favorite player...once he left i became awakened to the absolute sh!t that team was...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a child I used to be a leafs fan..only b/c my parents are diehard leaf fans....What do u get when u put 2 diehard leaf fane together????? A HARDCORE DEVILS FAN...through good times and bad biatchers@!!!!~!!!

--* not Allyson is some wjat intoxicated tonight....forgiib=vensee for the spelling*....i should know better than to drink and ttry to post... apologies...

Vancouver Canucks are my Western team(as long as they arent playing the Devils) im actually going to Long Island to see them today.

AHL - Philadelphia Phantoms

ECHL - Trenton Titans

UHL - Danbury Trashers

MLL - New Jersey Pride

NLL - Philadelphia Wings

I only really like those 2 sports, ill watch football and basketball once in awhile but I couldnt care who wins.

Edited by Satans Child

Vancouver Canucks are my Western team(as long as they arent playing the Devils) im actually going to Long Island to see them today.

AHL - Philadelphia Phantoms

ECHL - Trenton Titans

UHL - Danbury Trashers

MLL - New Jersey Pride

NLL - Philadelphia Wings

I only really like those 2 sports, ill watch football and basketball once in awhile but I couldnt care who wins.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I for one am STILL bitter about pHILLY WINING THE ahL CHAMPIONSHIPS..WE (THE MOOSE) SHOULDA PLAYED pHILLY IN THE FINALS...arghhhh GODARN auld!! why PLAY HI INSTEAD OF fLATS?? why????????? :argh::argh:

I for one am STILL bitter about pHILLY WINING THE ahL CHAMPIONSHIPS..WE (THE MOOSE) SHOULDA PLAYED pHILLY IN THE FINALS...arghhhh GODARN auld!! why PLAY HI INSTEAD OF fLATS?? why????????? :argh:  :argh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cuz the moose got owned by the mighty kari lehtonen :D

if the moose would have played the phantoms last year they would have been wrecked way worse.

I sort of like the Preds as my other NHL team. Mostly, because they were new and Dunham was taken to be their starter way back when.

Football, there is only the COLTS! :boogie:

Baseball lost me with the strike and I never really give it much attention other than looking at the standings after that. :noclue:

Basically, I really only follow Football and Hockey.

cuz the moose got owned by the mighty kari lehtonen :D

if the moose would have played the phantoms last year they would have been wrecked way worse.

And it would still have been all Aulds fault.... :P

fair fair....i wouldn't say lehtonen was wrecked, he played hella well in the series...till game 4...

lol i know im just busting chops, im just still so thrilled with the Phantoms cause all I kept hearing was how the Wolves were going to beat the Phantoms and than the Phantoms went to Chicago and won 2 hard fought games and than the Phantoms played amazing at home to sweep the Wolves right out of the Finals.

lol i know im just busting chops, im just still so thrilled with the Phantoms cause all I kept hearing was how the Wolves were going to beat the Phantoms and than the Phantoms went to Chicago and won 2 hard fought games and than the Phantoms played amazing at home to sweep the Wolves right out of the Finals.

it was one of the best series i ever saw any league...and probably the hardest fought sweep ever.

phantoms got better as the playoffs went on that year...they weren't great against the admirals, beat the pens soundedly (with the greatest playoff comeback OF ALL TIME), beat the bruins nicely, and then swept the wolves.

man, carter and richards in the playoffs that year!!!! ahhhhh great memories.