Nieuwy To Rangers?

smelly

Don't shoot the messenger. A reliable friend said that he heard on ESPN Radio a number of rumors, including:

1. Federov to be signed by STL by Friday.

2. Tkachuk and change to Philly for Handzus, Ragnarsson, and change.

3. NYR close to deal w/ Det: Carter and Lindros for Cujo and Fischer.

4. NYR close to deal w/ Nieuwy to replace Lindros at 2d line C.

None of this is outside the realm of possibility, but I'll believe it when I see it.

A reliable friend giving you info from an UNreliable source just doesnt work. They also said Turgeon is coming to the Devils for 2 2nd's. What a bunch of tools!!!

I did say not to shoot the messenger. Unfortunately, you did anyway . . .

Sorry, but I have to shoot the messenger too, because it sounds like ESPN Radio got those deals from a 16 year old sometime Flyer, sometime Detroit fan off the Hockey's Future Trade Rumors Board.

St. Louis has no money.

Philadelphia has no money.

The NYR deal makes some sense, but Carter AND Lindros? Cujo's worth about a 2nd round pick at this point, any team that wants him is bidding against themselves.

Nieuwendyk to the Rangers.. doubt it. If he's the 2nd line center, who's the 1st line center? Nedved? And as for MacLean and Driver signing there, that was before the team had become a complete cesspool.

You guys need to understand that there is a big difference between reporting a rumor and believing it. I already expressed my doubts in the original post. So, Tri, you can express your own without suggesting that, as the conduit of the info I necessarily endorse it. You're better than that, right?

Sure smelly, I just thought you took undue offense when DevFan basically said the same thing I did, in less words, that ESPN isn't a great rumor source, so I figured I would preface my post with that.. and I rarely have a problem with anyone posting trade rumors unless they are completely outlandish.. I post on most of those threads.

I would lose a great deal of respect for Joe if he signs across the river. Speak all you want of his class, but to go to the Rangers would show he is just interested in the $, as no one who lives of works here can be oblivious of how things are run at MSG. That being said, I don't see it happening; it would just be so out of character.

Where would they play NDyk if they signed him, with Nedved, Lindros, and Messier I just cant see him fitting in. Lindros or Messier wont go down to the 4th line, just imagine the sh!tfit Jurassic Mark or Carl Lindros would throw if their ice time was cut or his son in Carls place.

Couple of things:

First of all, I think it's a ridiculous rumor, just like the Turgeon to Devils rumor. But anything can happen.

Second of all, Nieuwy probably doesn't have the hate for the Rangers that most posters/long-time Devils do, so you'd have to cut him some slack there. And what if, at the end of the day, Lou doesn't make him an offer, the Leafs don't make him an offer, the Red Wings don't make him an offer, etc. IF (BIG IF) the Rangers did, what's he gonna do, say sorry, I'm not gonna play for you under any circumstances? Like I said, anything can happen.

But please, Lou, make him a fair offer!

Interesting post. I don't see the proposed Cujo deal happening. Supposedly, Joseph doesn't want to come to NY and he can block a deal. I also think Nieuwendyk to the Rangers makes no sense at all.

Few things KAriya took 1 mill for a chance at the Cup... If Newy wants to win the Cup again he should sign a similar deal w/ NJ.

2 ) If Newy signs w. NYR then its all about the $$$ and I'll look at him no differently than Holik...Mac is different he was already 1 team removed form NJ.

3) Turgeon is soft I don't want him anyway

4) Lindros & Carter??? for CUJO makes no sense...Lindros and a pick maybe....

Fisher is also coming off an ACL injury - that changes everything and causes his value to take a nosedive.

I do not believe this rumor for a second, makes no sense, however with Niewendyke, Nedved, and Holik as your top 3 your in good shape at the center position. No true #1, but 3 #2's.

That being said, really doesen't make much sense.