So....how many Rangers Suck/Flyers Swallow chants tonight?

metallidevils

Over 2 years after this thread was created some of you still fail to understand what an inferiority complex is.

I think a good definition would be, "When you're so worried about what other teams' fans think of you that you begin to preach to your fellow fans about what they should or shouldn't chant."

"Rangers Suck" is fun and factual. Like Sesame Street or something.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a good definition would be, "When you're so worried about what other teams' fans think of you that you begin to preach to your fellow fans about what they should or shouldn't chant."

"Rangers Suck" is fun and factual. Like Sesame Street or something.

I hate the Rangers as much as humanly possible from putting up with their fans sh!t and just the utter disdain for the organization since 1984 when i started going to Devils games. However, did they suck when they waxed us last Spring, owned us for a 10 game or so stretch or when they were 10-2 to start the year? It's all perspective. I could understand the chants from 1998-2004. I can understand it when the Devils beat them at home at any given time and took them out of the Playoffs in 2006. When they are better then the Devils or ahead of them in the standings at times it's just stupid to say.

It gets obnoxious and silly when the chants start during a game against the Avalanche, Coyotes, Leafs or whomever isn't the Rangers by the same group(s) of under 25 fans who think it's amusing and entertaining, especially after 5 beers (craziescoughcrazies). Yeah, ok, people pay for their tickets and can do whatever they want and anything short of a gun to their heads won't make them stop. However, all it does is make this team's fanbase look like it has even more of an inferiority complex then it already has when they are thinking about the Rangers and the Devils are playing the Avalanche.

Yes, the "Potvin Sucks" chant the Rags fans do was played out and unfunny about 1 game after it started. That's another chant that should be strictly left to games vs the Islanders, but i can understand Rags fans not being intelligent enough to understand that,

Edited by SJP20

I hate the Rangers as much as humanly possible from putting up with their fans sh!t and just the utter disdain for the organization since 1984 when i started going to Devils games. However, did they suck when they waxed us last Spring, owned us for a 10 game or so stretch or when they were 10-2 to start the year?

Yes. They're the Rangers. They even sucked in '94 when they won the Cup.

The smelly kid in school was always the smelly kid, even if he actually bathed once in a blue moon.

Heckling is part of the game, and in the heat of the moment, fans, myself (especially) included say much worse than Flyers swallow. If it bothers you that much, save yourself some money and take the kids when they get a little older.

Prudential Center Code of Conduct

As a guest at Prudential Center an individual’s conduct must be bounded by the law and the right of others to enjoy the event, and should not offend or be abusive to others. We ask all guests to adhere to the following code of conduct:

Guests shall be respectful of all other guests, fans, participants, referees, entertainers, athletes, arena staff and arena property.

Guests shall not willfully and maliciously disturb a guest/employee with a loud unreasonable noise and shall not interfere in other guests’ enjoyment of the event.

. . .

Guests shall refrain from using offensive language, making obscene gestures, throwing objects, and possessing prohibited items.

. . .

Any other conduct deemed by Prudential Center to be inappropriate to the peace and good order of events or which may adversely affect the safety of persons or property, will be handled immediately by our staff.

. . .

All Prudential Center guests are expected to maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests who fail to comply with the Prudential Center Code of Conduct & Courtesy are subject to ejection from the Arena. We want all our guests and fans to enjoy their visit to Prudential Center. . . .

Edited by jsonnabend

One of the drawbacks (if you want to even call it that) to having a good, young fan base is rowdy behavior. All those kids who became Devils fans in the '90s are becoming adults now, and more importantly, becoming paying fans.

It's a double-edged sword. People don't want it sound like a tomb, but they don't want naughty words. Whether you like it or not, it comes with the territory.

I'm not a huge fan of the 'swallows' thing in front of younger kids, but as for the 'what do the other teams fans think'... who cares? This is our arena, and our team.

What is your point? Every sports venue has rules like this. They are not followed anywhere. If you take your kids to a game expecting to not here anything bad, then you are kidding yourself. You might as well have them home-schooled too.

Then what's the point of posting rules of conduct or rules in general for any venue then? Do you walk into a food store and start eating food? Do you walk into a store and shoplift? Hell, what's the point of having rules and laws in society for that matter if people just choose to ignore them or not follow them?

Do you think that any individual is above rules, laws and codes of conduct? If so, why?

Reporting someone for saying "sucks" or "blows" is excessive at best. Reporting someone where every third word or behavior is lewd and profane is perfectly acceptable. Why should someone spend $100's to go to a game and hear some classless idiot with beer behavior spew off? Some people choose to ignore it, some choose to not be around it. Either way, i don't care what someone does as I just laugh at them not with them.

Edited by SJP20

Then what's the point of posting rules of conduct or rules in general for any venue then? Do you walk into a food store and start eating food? Do you walk into a store and shoplift? Hell, what's the point of having rules and laws in society for that matter if people just choose to ignore them or not follow them?

Do you think that any individual is above rules, laws and codes of conduct? If so, why?

Reporting someone for saying "sucks" or "blows" is excessive at best. Reporting someone where every third word or behavior is lewd and profane is perfectly acceptable. Why should someone spend $100's to go to a game and hear some classless idiot with beer behavior spew off? Some people choose to ignore it, some choose to not be around it. Either way, i don't care what someone does as I just laugh at them not with them.

I'm not saying anyone is above the rules and I agree with you, but I'm saying you can't expect to go to a sporting event and not expose your kids to words you don't want them to hear, and chances are they hear worse in their school cafeteria anyway. I remember I was in an elevator with my dad and some other people once when I was a kid, and the other people were cursing up a storm and my dad told them to stop. I didn't understand it because I heard worse at school on a daily basis anyway, but I knew not to say that stuff.

Why should someone spend $100's to go to a game and hear some classless idiot with beer behavior spew off?

The funny thing is most of the behavior that's being described doesn't originate or even happen in the expensive seats, it's almost exclusive to the upper section. You can get discount seats for $30-35 most games in the mezzanine and it'll be nice and quiet there.

Watching the game from Saturday, after one of the goals (when they zoom in and show the fans) you could see about an eight year old yelling "HEY, YOU SUCK". I thought it was so funny.

Quite frankly it has gotten old and hackneyed....not very creative. Makes Devils fans seem like stupid oafs... :blahblah:

You can get discount seats for $30-35 most games in the mezzanine and it'll be nice and quiet there.

I can attest to how difficult it can be to get a chant started in the discount seats. Unless it's one of those games where I bring a 10-person posse with me, it's an exercise in futility.

Quite frankly it has gotten old and hackneyed....not very creative. Makes Devils fans seem like stupid oafs... :blahblah:

Yeah that's the new thing the kids are doing now. ^_^ When did that start, and from who? As far back as like 2004, I don't seem to remember it. Was it the crazies that came up with that?

Edited by Beezer34

Yeah that's the new thing the kids are doing now. ^_^ When did that start, and from who? As far back as like 2004, I don't seem to remember it. Was it the crazies that came up with that?

The 'Hey You Suck' chants during the Hey Song? Those were definitely not Devils-fan created. A few colleges have done that for years. I remember Nashville and the Isles fans doing it. During the lockout, that chant was done at the Danbury Trasher games (UHL). After the song was done, people chanted 'sieve sieve sieve' at the opposing goalie. Ha... how I miss those old Danbury games. I know it was childish, but we had a blast.