The Canucks "7th man"

firecenter

check out this gem from the west coast.

http://canucks.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?cat...07&id=23629

i never thought a canadian team would sink this low. cant u tell by the expressions in the crowd just how excited they are. not sure what is worse, the video showing anguish through losing, or passion through waving a surrender towel.

there is lack of marketing (here), and there is BAD marketing (there). they are doing that every game, could u imagine being a STH and being present for the awkwardness every night.

I was unaware #7 was Cliff Ronning's to give away. A journeyman who made a stop in Vancouver? If anything, its Morrison's #7 until someone outplays him... but I guess retired guys can claim numbers :)

Edited by aylbert

check out this gem from the west coast.

http://canucks.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?cat...07&id=23629

i never thought a canadian team would sink this low. cant u tell by the expressions in the crowd just how excited they are. not sure what is worse, the video showing anguish through losing, or passion through waving a surrender towel.

there is lack of marketing (here), and there is BAD marketing (there). they are doing that every game, could u imagine being a STH and being present for the awkwardness every night.

Now I know where all the white people in North America are...

I caught the "ceremony" and yeah it was LAME!

Well, it looks like the management didn't know how to express it's appreciation to the fans for their loyalty. Win or lose, this franchise playes to a packed house almost every night. It may seem lame, but at least they tried to show that appreciation somehow. Cliff Ronning is the perfect symbol of a solid, consistent team. He was a hell of a player who showed his character when he gave up his No. 7.

Win or lose, this franchise playes to a packed house almost every night. It may seem lame, but at least they tried to show that appreciation somehow.

Its Canada and Canadians have nothing else to do but go to hockey games..... Even Toronto sells out every friggin game. You can have a team go 0-82 and they will have a packed house every night.