Photo

possible christmas come early present!!!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

There is a team in more cap trouble than the Hawks in the western conference. It would shape up better for us too. Look at SJ, we should be trying to get Marleau right about now. No cap hit for 2011 either.

#22 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:19 AM

Enough already, you show up every off season to do this, and I'm sick of reading it.
I suffered through your Rafalski tirade in 2007 for months. If Lou would have signed THAT big 'ol deal we would undoutably be looking for compomising pictures of Parise, Zajac, and Martin to blackmail them into signing a contract as opposed to walking for their true worth.

I have no problem with the criticism of Lou, or your actual opinion, but if you don't have the sense to actually do the homework that guys like Lou and his staff HAVE to do (and that many intelligent posters here go through time and effort to illustrate), than just stop.....your argument ends there in terms of depth. No reasonably detailed alternatives have been offered.

It's like walking into a courtroom and saying: "thats the way it is because I feel this way, and I don't have the time to come up with any proof to support it".

With all the time you spend bitching here in the last few days you could have easily put 10minutes into checking facts and figures, especially if you're going to insist on repeatedly pissing this bitch-fest mantra down all our throats, on a daily basis.

If you had simply given your opinion and went your own way, most here wouldn't be half as upset, but if you're going to repeatedly shove your head into every thread to bitch and moan, they you should expect that people want to see that you've intelligent thought through your reasoning with facts equal to the apparent passion you have about the issue.

If we signed Rafalski, and didn't sign, say, Rolston, we'd be stuck with one less forward, but I'd imagine would still able to sign Parise next year (difference between Rolston and Rafalski is what, 3 million? So we'd have 5 million + whatever Parise is making now + presumably some extra money to sign Parise. Would you really not sacrifice Zajac for Rafalski?
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#23 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:46 AM

kindly explain to me, if lou makes a good deal now, that was totally unforeseeable and not part of any 'plan', how that unjustifies any feeling of anger/resentment towards the moves that he's made over the past 5 seasons.

Because Lou "making a good deal now" Is EXACTLY what he's been doing since the lockout!!! Any move you wished he had made he couldn't make -- the players didn't want to come here OR they made NO SENSE with the team as it stood chemistry-wise skill wise... You're suggestions are ... just - like not even thought out!!!! Fro example you'll name a player not even AVAILABLE and when someone says you're nuts you'll say "well there were players LIKE THAT." :doh1: I can't even take it!!!!!!!

Answer this - if Lou retired after 2003, and a no-name GM was hired by the Devils and made the exact same moves Lou did, would you be happy?

YES - I'd see evidence the new GM understood the ineffable system and heave a sigh of cautious relief

And out of all the posts you could've called me out for, the one you chose doesn't make any sense, because me calling someone out for saying that the Lou bashers would eat their words if he (finally) made a good deal after the fact, is justified IMO.

YOU are the Lou basher --- when he makes the deal you're praying for him to make and it's a bust (which is WILL BE you have to understand if you have any concept of the chemistry aspect of the system) you will bash him further!

I'm sorry if I come off as having 'zero hockey sense'. I don't spend time pouring over free agent lists, memorizing stats, rosters, salaries, etc.

Neither do I!!! THAT is the point -- I'm a middle aged dame with a crush on a retired player who doesn't even follow this stuff that closely and EVEN I GET IT!!!!

:argh:

but I do like you as a person :evil: and I enjoy your posts it's just you have thoughts that you share and --- just if you were facing the proper direction you'd have a lot to contribute!

I'm here for the party

#24 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

If we signed Rafalski, and didn't sign, say, Rolston, we'd be stuck with one less forward, but I'd imagine would still able to sign Parise next year (difference between Rolston and Rafalski is what, 3 million? So we'd have 5 million + whatever Parise is making now + presumably some extra money to sign Parise. Would you really not sacrifice Zajac for Rafalski?

DID YOU SEE WHAT RAF SIGNED FOR????

DID YOU SEE HOW HE WAS PLAYING WHEN PUT IN THE LEADERSHIP ROLE????

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND HOW UNHAPPY HE WAS WITH HIS OWN PLAY HERE AND IT WAS TAKING A MAJOR TOLL ON HIS MINDSET WHICH IN TURN AS A LEADER WILL TAKE A HUGE TOLL ON THE TEAM????????

:argh: :argh:
Rafalski is just werer he should be. He's fantastic on the Wings because he's PERFECT in that role... back up. If you tell him he's secodn banana the pressure is off and his mind is quiet and he can see what needs to be done.

How can you not get this? Raf great teamed with Stevens... Stevens retires - he gets a little hmeh when asked to pretty much lead the second line - injured too right? Then when he becomes the go to guy when Nieds leaves he just can't do it. Didn't you watch him even? He'd be yelling on ice and losing focus and he was just so bummed out and mad at himself and frustrated....

You dont watch, you dont pay attention - that's why your posts are so frustrating.

I'm here for the party

#25 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

This statement just made my head explode.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#26 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:46 PM

Good to see things haven't changed much around here. ;)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#27 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:08 PM

:yay: dew :boogie:

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#28 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

gosh, i'm lovin' njdevs right now.

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?

</Pee Wee Herman>
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#29 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

There's a new article on this at TSN.ca - http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283730

They point out Lou made a paperwork mistake in 2000 and had to pay the price for Madden and Rafalski. Of course, it was 9 years ago, but if the league wants to be consistent, it should unleash Barker, Versteeg and co.

#30 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

There's a new article on this at TSN.ca - http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283730

They point out Lou made a paperwork mistake in 2000 and had to pay the price for Madden and Rafalski. Of course, it was 9 years ago, but if the league wants to be consistent, it should unleash Barker, Versteeg and co.

My initial reaction was the Blackhawks wouldn't get dinged for this but the more that is written the more it seems to me like the Blackhawks will lose out.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#31 Nieda

Nieda

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

sooo true..off season has always been a little rough around here haha. even in my absent years, its still the same forum i remember when i was 16. :P

in lou we trust! i'm keeping the faith :koolaid:
We will out skate you.
We will out work you.
We will out will you.
And when your head is spinning, your lungs are gasping for air, and you're wondering what hit you...
We will start the 2nd period.
--BlackJack

knowing nothing is better than knowing it all

#32 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

The Devils got burnt for it, the Hawks should too. At the very least they should be forced to pay the players market value. It's their own fault for screwing themselves if they lose anyone.

Edited by ghdi, 05 July 2009 - 07:11 AM.

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,870 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:20 AM

This is why nobody takes you seriously...first of all there's a $1 million difference (per year) with the Raf and Rolston deals, not three. Secondly keeping Raf perhaps makes Oduya less of a priority - or Salvador last offseason, and the Devils would have had to spend that money on a forward without Rolston. You can't look at moves in a vaccum, every action has a seperate reaction.

And you'd seriously rather have a 35+ year old defenseman over a talented, young center that's not yet 25?! When we have a lack of center depth to begin with? I love Raf but if you offered the Wings that trade they'd probably laugh among themsleves after saying yes.

Edited by Hasan4978, 05 July 2009 - 07:24 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#34 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:26 AM

This thread turned into a mess.

#35 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

If the Devils got burned then the Blackhawks should aswell. Although I doubt we get either of these guys, fair is fair.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users