• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

From Chere:

Quote:

GM Lou Lamoriello working feverishly all day. Devils may be close to re-signing defenseman Andy Greene to keep him off the market.

http://twitter.com/#!/Ledger_NJDevil...60385905332224

Please be no more than 2 years.

I'm not really big on Greene, if Lou brings him back it better be for short term and a discount - which I don't really get why Greene would go for that. I really think he could get a lot more on the open market.

I'm not really big on Greene, if Lou brings him back it better be for short term and a discount - which I don't really get why Greene would go for that. I really think he could get a lot more on the open market.

Yeah, but he really legitimately seems like he wants to stay here. He doesn't sound like a guy that's interested in moving to play anywhere else, unless he gets really low-balled here. I'm kind of indifferent with Greene. I don't mind him signing for a couple seasons for less than 3 mil. More than that probably isn't a good idea.

Yeah, but he really legitimately seems like he wants to stay here. He doesn't sound like a guy that's interested in moving to play anywhere else, unless he gets really low-balled here. I'm kind of indifferent with Greene. I don't mind him signing for a couple seasons for less than 3 mil. More than that probably isn't a good idea.

He probably wants to stay here because on any other club he'd be an emergency AHL callup. Only the Devils would have him in their starting lineup. I'm looking forward to all the weak breakout passes this upcoming season.

If its a penny more than $2M Lou has payed for mediocrity.

it should be obvious from what we're seeing here that andy greene is worth more in actual value and on the open market than $2M. steve montador just got almost $3M per.

if they can get him for $6M/2 i won't be that upset. anything longer and it's a deal asking to be traded at some point.

3m/year for 2 years? I'll sh!t a brick

I think that would work pretty well. The Devils can can use Greene over the next 2 years as insurance while they see when the young guys are ready to step in. If, for example, next year the young guys are ready for full time then you can definitely move Greene with a 1 year 3 million dollar deal. If they aren't, then Greene is an ok value playing both years at 3 million.

STATUS QUO UPDATE:

Ledger_NJDevils Rich Chere

Devils D Bryce Salvador, who missed last season with a concussion, may not be able to play this year. Lou Lamoriello: "That's an unknown."

Translated: "We all know he isn't playing, but the guy get's 2.9 million for pretending to try, figure it out"

I really like Andy Greene, as most of you know with time after time I come to his defense. :lol: I think hes a strong asset to the D side of the team and I would like to see him stay. I wouldnt be so worried if he walks now with the draft of Larsson.

If Greene resigning means Larsson not playing, then I say let him walk, otherwise I hope he resigns.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

we payed HIM 750,000 this season WHY u guys jump to 2-3 million when he is WILLING to take under a million to stay with US. He said he wants to play hear so don't drive up the price......

we payed HIM 750,000 this season WHY u guys jump to 2-3 million when he is WILLING to take under a million to stay with US. He said he wants to play hear so don't drive up the price......

Please show me where Greene said he would take a 50-66% discount to stay? :lol:

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

He toke 750,000 this season he wants to be here. He knows he wants to be here so does Lou we don't need to sky rocket from 750,000 to 3 million

He toke 750,000 this season he wants to be here. He knows he wants to be here so does Lou we don't need to sky rocket from 750,000 to 3 million

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He's going to get paid - he's worked on short contracts all his career - players's careers are short and they need to cash in.

He's not going to be sold just by sitting around and watching the 2003 SC DVD over and over.

Would you work for %50 less than those around you with the same level or less of skill?

Just read TG's most recent post on Greene. Sounds like when Lou negotiates a contract with someone, it involves discussing a lot of "situations" without discussing numbers. Lou hasn't even offered a contract yet to Andy, and I wonder what situations he's discussing?

I assume "situations" is all Lou discussed with Parise as well.

Edited by The Facepainter