Hrdina

msweet

I only saw parts of the 1st and 2nd period and didn't notice him on the ice much. Hrdina should be a crucial 2 way center for us in the playoffs, Burns just has to play the guy so he can get some chemistry! It's like the coach never like him from the start and wants to drive him out of town.

there's just too much WEIRD stuff going on with this team right now... guess I should

WATCH this game some before I say anymore on this one... but something just feels

wrong behind the closed doors now....

just my all-too-accurate-intuition going off :noclue:

At first, I thought Hrdina looked pretty good for a player who had just seen his first taste as a Devil -- I thought he'd improve with each passing game. He hasn't. He's become far less noticeable, and I've noticed how little his name is even SAID during the game. I don't know. I'm not disappointed in HIM, but I am disappointed OVERALL, thusfar, because I thought we were getting something better here, especially for what we "gave up". It's still early on (I hope), but once you're in Burns' doghouse, it's very difficult to get out.

I'm not worried, but I'm concerned.

Hrdina was just a cheap pick up for Lou.

Why does everyone expect so much from him?

If Burns think he is of no value he won't play. Maybe Burns expected Lou to deliver more and this is a message from Burns to Lou.

Edited by Ice Man

Not to be smart, but I really dont think Pat Burns is going to send any messages to Lou. I think if Lou even gets any feeling that pat is trying to do so, then Patty B. will be on the unemployment block as far as coaches go. I was watching the broadcast last night and they kept going up to the box, and showing Lou and McLean there. Johnny smiling having a good time, and Lou even up 3-0 or 4-0 was looking very angry, very upset. I am thinking maybe he is tired of Pat Buirns too at this point. Watching Pat on the Bench last night I do not know he kept on his team and on them. At some point the players just tune this out. Even though they won it was against a far less talented team so I am thinking Lou wasnt that impressed with the 5-0 victory.

I don't know. There is something fishy going on here. Obviously Lou thought Hrdina would help the team which is why he went out and traded for him. Then Burns hardly plays him. Something isn't right.

He's a fourth line center on this team. How much ice time should he be getting?

Although I agree not seeing him on the PP is strange...

<JESTER>

one thing I will add now that I have seen 2/3 of the game... with 11 Power Plays

in the game and that Major it looks like the 4th line didn't get a lot of time in total

because of that....

weird that they didn't spread the ice more when Elias was sitting and passing out

drinks in the penalty box for his misconduct.... :noclue:

PA, Lou's not changing coaches now. Too expensive to pay that many coaches.

I think Burns feels secure for this year and any decision about the future has been decided already regardless of the playoff finish.

I agree the win was against a much less talented team so it wasn't that impressive nor was it a show of the Devils offensive power.

I don't know. There is something fishy going on here. Obviously Lou thought Hrdina would help the team which is why he went out and traded for him. Then Burns hardly plays him. Something isn't right.

He's a fourth line center on this team. How much ice time should he be getting?

Although I agree not seeing him on the PP is strange...

<JESTER>

Don't get me wrong here and I understand your point. I'm not expecting Hrdina to play 25 minutes a night. But when Burns scratches him then plays him, scratches him, then plays him he is not going to be all that effective.

He should probably be on the PP drawing faceoffs. And I think with last nights lead Burns could have used him a bit more. I'm not counting the 5th goal but with a 3 and 4-0 lead we had some room for error.

But maybe with all the penalties thats why Hrdina wasn't used much.

Lou might have been looking upset because of all the liberties Atlanta was trying to take with his team. Admittedly, the refs called the penalties, but still, no GM would be happy about what Atlanta tried to do. I don't think you should automatically assume it had something to do with Burns.

all this Hrdina and Stevens stuff is making hockey not fun. Making the board not fun. Making the Devils as weird as any other club. I think it's time for it to go back to being just a game for me. :P

You know, I don't want to start saying where people should post, but there is a Heaven board that's certainly a calmer ride than Hell is. As the front page says, "enter at your own risk!"

<JESTER>

all this Hrdina and Stevens stuff is making hockey not fun.  Making the board not  fun.  Making the Devils as weird as any other club.  I think it's time for it to go back to being just a game for me. :P

You know, I don't want to start saying where people should post, but there is a Heaven board that's certainly a calmer ride than Hell is. As the front page says, "enter at your own risk!"

<JESTER>

???

I think PK knows where to post. She was just expressing how she was feeling - not criticizing anyone. How could you possibly have a problem with that?