Relax after Game 1 loss

sundstrom

Obviously everyone's down after the loss. But again, it's one loss in game 1. If the Devils won tonight, this series would be pretty short. We all know it's going long. Ottawa was a tougher challange last year and we lost that game 1 as well.

And before we choose our whipping boy for this game, take a step back and realize that these teams are very even and the game did play that way.

The Devils did not play poorly. The Flyers didn't really outplay the Devils either. They had portions where they seemed to control the play as the Devils did.

This game was a case where Esche was just a little better than Brodeur.

I don't get this Brodeur bashing parade? :noclue:

did u not see him fall on his ass for the 3rd goal?

Didn't u see Rafaski get his ass BEAT by Primeau too.

Tricky play for Marty. I bet pokecheck came across his mind and then he second guessed it and tried to take away the lower half of the net, and was a milliasecond too late.

Don't blame this loss on Marty, that's so unfair.

What next, going to blame him for the puck hitting either AMonte or Raf on the 2nd goal and going in??

I've almost had about enough....it's so close.

I don't get this Brodeur bashing parade? :noclue:

did u not see him fall on his ass for the 3rd goal?

Didn't u see Rafaski get his ass BEAT by Primeau too.

Tricky play for Marty. I bet pokecheck came across his mind and then he second guessed it and tried to take away the lower half of the net, and was a milliasecond too late.

Don't blame this loss on Marty, that's so unfair.

What next, going to blame him for the puck hitting either AMonte or Raf on the 2nd goal and going in??

I've almost had about enough....it's so close.

Marty is supposed to be the difference maker and face it he just didnt get it done tonight. you have ur opinion and i have mine

Well I really hate your opinion. I feel you find the need to blame someone after EVERY game, and it's Marty now, and it's unfair.

Why blame someone? Accept the loss, it will happen in a seven game series.

I feel you need to grow up and fast. Your's isnt the only opinion thats correct all the time.

Well I'm not bashing Marty but the fact is the 'one' clear edge the Devils were supposed to have was in goal (well okay defense too but none of the prognosticators see it that way :P ). They didn't have it tonight. They'd better get it soon or it might be a short series.

Look, we all know Marty is the best in the biz. And I think we all know he has to play like the Marty we know to get past this first round. He's going to have to steal a game or two in this series. He wasn't vintage Brodeur tonight. You can't deny that. But we all know how Marty responds to a shaky game. He will bounce back and be huge on Saturday.

The first 2 goals I thought he should have had. The last goal was like someone else said Brodeur changing his mind on how to play the shot.

The way i see it.

unless marty improves we ain't winning the cup. We don't have what it takes to get it done any other way. So whether that's fair to marty i don't know, he was adaquete tonight, but he needs to be insane to give us a chance.

This is absolutely the truth. I feel that in order for the Devils to repeat Marty has to win the Conn Smythe. And there's no getting around that.

LETS GO DEVILS! LETS GO MARTY!

Personally, I felt like Marty should have been the better goalie tonight, and he wasn't. He made good saves, he made good plays, but that third goal wasn't all that great. I'm by no means blaming Marty for the loss, but it doesn't help when he's supposed to be "better than great" and only puts up a "decent" performance. Personally, I thought he was off from the get-go. He just didn't seem himself.

But that's neither here nor there. We have Game 2 to focus on, and we also have to focus on breaking Esche -- we proved it can be done with the two goals tonight, but it was little too late and he regained his confidence eventually. We cannot let that happen.

Finally, put Stevenon on the Elias-Gomez line. Please.

That is all.

Yup if goals go in it must be the goaltender's fault. Goal 1 Martin doesn't touch the puck for the icing then Gagne beats everyone to the rebound to pop it in.

2nd goal Marty loses stick on poke check plays with defensemen's stick the puck goes in off a leg.

3rd goal Primeau goes in on a semi breakaway scores a goal.

Yup if the puck goes in, it MUST be the goaltender's fault.

This is supposed to be an upbeat thread. You ain't upbeat, don't post in here. :evil: He said, she said and this is my opinion, well we hear that too much this time of year, take it to PM. :evil: Devs will come out strong after an ass-whoopin' by Burns and many tape reviews and a solid practice. :evil: Cheerio all! :evil: