Nieds: I'd go into HoF as a Devil

DaneykoIsGod

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/10/scott_niedermayer_admits_im_a.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Scott Niedermayer walked into the Staples Center this morning looking like he could put on a pair of skates and play.

The former defenseman, whose No. 27 will be retired by the Devils on Dec. 16, drove up from his home an hour south of L.A. to record some TV video segments for his special day.

“Pete (DeBoer) is going to decide on whether to dress him,” general manager Lou Lamoriello joked. DeBoer heard him.

“Don’t tempt me,” the Devils coach responded.

Niedermayer, of course, finished his career with the Ducks and won a fourth Stanley Cup in Anaheim. But he said he will always consider himself primarily a Devil, even when the Hall of Fame comes knocking.

In his mind he sees himself in a Devils sweater.

HE!?! The DEVILS deserve him to retire as a Devil.

That's all I ask of him... then all is forgiven. Prodigal son MUST return home or... well then he's no prodigal son of mine <_<:angry: and he's not there yet so I'm still holding my breath... hey and trusting him enough to hold my breath says something, yeah? :evil:

yes

I am saying it's an honor to have Scott Neidermayer forever connected to your team and it's an honor I want for the Devils not *Insert incredulous snort the Mighty Ducks (they deserve Emilio Estevez alone :doh1: )

I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere else, but did anyone catch the part of his taped segment MSG2 showed last night on the Devils pregame? Not only did he say he could see himself getting inducted into the HOF in a Devils sweater, but he also acknowledged Devils fans' support of him during his Devils career, saying (I'm paraphrasing) that he probably didn't play up to his capabilities while he was here but the fans always supported him anyway, and that he could imagine fans were disappointed in the way he left, saying it was for "no good reason" (I think he meant no good reason in the fans' eyes, not in his view). He seemed brutally honest -- or maybe "reflective" is the better word. I can't wait to see the whole interview.

Edited by 95Crash

I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere else, but did anyone catch the part of his taped segment MSG2 showed last night on the Devils pregame? Not only did he say he could see himself getting inducted into the HOF in a Devils sweater, but he also acknowledged Devils fans' support of him during his Devils career, saying (I'm paraphrasing) that he probably didn't play up to his capabilities while he was here but the fans always supported him anyway, and that he could imagine fans were disappointed in the way he left, saying it was for "no good reason" (I think he meant no good reason in the fans' eyes, not in his view). He seemed brutally honest -- or maybe "reflective" is the better word. I can't wait to see the whole interview.

hmph --- talk as much as you want Nieds, I do appreciate it. But Stevens has something you'll never have....

ME! :wub:

I noticed that, too. He stressed that it was by no means an easy decision. I also found it interesting that he said he felt that he had in a way abandoned his team mates. It seemed he was being very honest.

I noticed that, too. He stressed that it was by no means an easy decision. I also found it interesting that he said he felt that he had in a way abandoned his team mates. It seemed he was being very honest.

Right, I forgot that part. I'm glad someone else saw it. Hopefully they'll show it again. It looked like it was part of a longer interview. Maybe eventually it will be posted on the Deilvs website or MSGs'.