Roenick on Jim Rome

Z-Man

JR is on Jim Rome's radio show now, and Rome asked him about Stevens, saying "I bet no one in the Philly locker room was upset that you didn't have to face Scott Stevens."

JR's response:

"Well you have to remember that Desjardins was out for us, so we feel that was an even-up situation...we both lost our best defensemen."

JR has taken a few too many hits to the head if he thinks losing Stevens and Desjardins is an EVEN trade off.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Conn Smythes does Desjardins have? I said before and Im saying it again -

Jeremy Roenick = sellout & clown.... he's playing for the right organization :puke:

Seems that JR broke his jaw once too many...seems to have affected his brain...there is no team and fans that are more sore winners then the Flyers...

Ill never forget in 2000 1st round, Flyers beat Sabres in 5, Lindy Ruff on the ice to shake hands with other Flyers players and Ruff gets whacked in the side of a head with a cup filled with ice...thats all I needed to know about the Flyers and their fans

Edited by Legend Of the Clown Banner

"Well you have to remember that Desjardins was out for us, so we feel that was an even-up situation...we both lost our best defensemen."

JR wasn't saying that Eric is a guy of Stevens caliber. He was saying that like Stevens, Eric is probably our most experienced defenseman. Before the playoffs started we didn't know what was going to happen in terms of defense. Luckily, Kim Johnsson stepped up and filled the hole left by Eric. Danny Markov helped as well. You remember Danny, the guy who scored on Saturday to win the game?

:rofl:

thats all I needed to know about the Flyers and their fans

Yes, I learned all I need to know about Devil fans in Game 4. There isn't that many to begin with, but when it gets the least bit rough, they are out the door before the final horn blows. That's all I need to know.

Yes, I learned all I need to know about Devil fans in Game 4.  There isn't that many to begin with, but when it gets the least bit rough, they are out the door before the final horn blows.  That's all I need to know.

Reminds me of Game 6 in 2000. I had a handful of Failure fans near me talking typical Philly inferiority complex trash so I start asking them a little Flyer history questions.

Simple ones.

Like tell me when the last time the Flyers made the Finals......being it was three years earlier, half got it right.

Then another easy one, when did the FLyers win the Cup.......after they got the dumbfounded look off their faces.....not one of 6 of them could even answer such a simple question.

Remember, when we beat them, the Devs won The Mug and denied Philly great chances to win it themselves. While they denied the Devs a chance, they will not hoist it this year.

JR wasn't saying that Eric is a guy of Stevens caliber. He was saying that like Stevens, Eric is probably our most experienced defenseman. Before the playoffs started we didn't know what was going to happen in terms of defense. Luckily, Kim Johnsson stepped up and filled the hole left by Eric. Danny Markov helped as well. You remember Danny, the guy who scored on Saturday to win the game?

Yes, I learned all I need to know about Devil fans in Game 4. There isn't that many to begin with, but when it gets the least bit rough, they are out the door before the final horn blows. That's all I need to know.

tough guy shows up to talk smack after the flyers win...

take your act back to Houston str. buddy, JR is a joke, and comparing Dejardins to stevens is classless... we are talking HOF v. joke... Hell half the philly fans were happy becuase they felt Pikatinen was better then Dejardins!!!!

Stevens is capable of turning a series around w/ one hit, Dejardins turns series arounds by making mistakes...

HUGE DIFFERNCE!!!

Is there a message board you don't visit? You have way to much time on your hands. There is a world of things to do away from the computer. :evil:

I always thought JR seemed a little cocky... But it wasnt till about 3 years ago when I realized I couldnt stand him...

My friends brother is a state trooper and they knew I liked hockey.. so they told me this story...

His brother pulled JR over for doing 100 on I think the Parkway.. in the Sayerville area.. could ahve been the Turnpike, but Im almost positive they said Parkway...He asks for ID... and the guy says.... "Do you like Hockey" and the trooper says...not so much and he goes " well I play for the NHL and am a really well known player, ask anyone...If u let me out of this ticket...Ill give u a whole bunch of autographs and items..." Unfortunately.. my friends brother caved... I wish he hadnt tho. I mean its one thing to point it out.. but my goodness... telling him he is well known ask anyone... grrr.. so cocky!!!

Honestly, Desjardins was the Flyers' best defenseman. However, unlike the Devils D, other Flyers defensemen stepped up in the series. This was one of the key factors in why they prevailed.

I always thought JR seemed a little cocky... But it wasnt till about 3 years ago when I realized I couldnt stand him...

My friends brother is a state trooper and they knew I liked hockey.. so they told me this story...

His brother pulled JR over for doing 100 on I think the Parkway.. in the Sayerville area.. could ahve been the Turnpike, but Im almost positive they said Parkway...He asks for ID... and the guy says.... "Do you like Hockey" and the trooper says...not so much and he goes " well I play for the NHL and am a really well known player, ask anyone...If u let me out of this ticket...Ill give u a whole bunch of autographs and items..." Unfortunately.. my friends brother caved... I wish he hadnt tho. I mean its one thing to point it out.. but my goodness... telling him he is well known ask anyone... grrr.. so cocky!!!

I would've just shot em.......

I don't like athletes or any famous people for that matter who do things like this....