The Official Trade Freisen NOW Thread...

redruM

Sorry But NJ is a team built to succeed in the playoffs, falter and you are gone...

Freeze played well agaisnt the DUCKS otherwise he's a ciomplete bust, I'm not willing to give him a 3rd cahcne and thats what I considered it...

IMHO he's has to GO!!!!

Yeah because Jeff didn't do anything else for us except the Ducks. You should rethink that one. Take a pill and go relax. If he stays he stays if he goes he goes.

Have to say the look on his face during the last minutes/seconds  of the game was pretty sad (though I know you are going to say he helped cause it himself!).

You have to be in red, Red--and bold,  too!  :hail:

Helped??? Actually he was no help at all, which was the problem to begin with...

Zam youknow when I go off, I really go off... This freeze thing is long term... My tirades might not be Holikesque... ( I really hated Bobby there for awhile) but the grunt of my anger is all Jeff's now!!!

BTW what Color would Zam be??

Zam?

Zam?

Zam?

Zam?

I seem to remember him doing SOMETHING against the Sens. But I could be wrong. :P

Look, he had a lousy year. And I'm not sure he's worth qualifying at the salary it would take to keep him. But he won't bring back anything that can replace him in a trade, and it's up to Lou to decide whether it would be better to:

a) Take a chance on an Albany replacement

b) Qualify him

c) NOT qualify him but try and re-sign him at a lower salary

d) NOT qualify him and see what else is available from the expected pool of unqualifieds due to CBA concerns. But the question on these players is, are any of them any better? Because most of them are probably in the same boat as Friesen, they made too much $$$ for their former teams but didn't put up the numbers. Who is to say they will perform any better for NJ???

Three good statement;

1) Friesen has to go.

2) Friesen Not worth much in a trade

3) What is the second line?

That's the problem. no second line and friesen is a waste and will bring little in trade to the needed second line.

What a problem to have. Why is it that this problem is here today? It's because of lack of fixing the problem in pieces over the last two years.

Best things for Lou is a walkout and a wait and see approach. See if the Devils survive financially when all is said and done.

Edited by Ice Man

Guest Devsrule

Redrum if your'e going to start a rant at least get the spelling of the name right. Its FRIESEN.

I dont get why all of you want him gone. Didnt some of you want Elias gone last year and the early parts of this year?? LOOK WHAT HAPPENED

This is just a product of the loss to philly, its done out of bitterness.

You cant judge a players based on ONE YEAR.

Give him another season to prove he belongs, if he fails, then you cant start a rant.

its been said before...... trade friesen ... i am not going to retort i am sick of the topice... its stupid and people are tunnelvisioned

I'm not Friesen's biggest fan, and for the record three out of his last four years have been bad. But he didn't exactly have quality centers for much of this year either...if we get a better second line center next year hopefully that helps him come around.

There's not much point in trading him right now anyway...if he became a total malcontent, then it'd be a different story.

its been said before...... trade friesen ... i am not going to retort i am sick of the topice... its stupid and people are tunnelvisioned

The only one tunnel visioned is Friesen, all he knows how to do is skate straight up the ice and back into his own end. The guy has no creativity whatsoever. I feel sorry for the center that gets stuck with him at the WC and next year.

I'm not Friesen's biggest fan, and for the record three out of his last four years have been bad. But he didn't exactly have quality centers for much of this year either...if we get a better second line center next year hopefully that helps him come around.

There's not much point in trading him right now anyway...if he became a total malcontent, then it'd be a different story.

There is 3 million motivations to tradeing him. We either trade him at the draft and get a 2nd or 3rd round pick or we don't qualify him at 3 million and let him go for nothing not getting any compensation for him. Were we save 3 million with him, we create a lw position up for graps at training camp for Pihlman or Nittel to fight for.

Sorry guys, I happen to like Friesen. Yes, he didn't have a stellar year, but who. on any of the other lines except the EGG line, HAD a stellar year?????

I do not question his heart. I saw his dejected looking eyes when our season was coming to a close. He was playing his heart out. He just didn't get the bounces. I'm not willing to toss him to the curb just yet! I feel he likes playing here and I would be more than willing to give him another shot! Let's not be hasty!

Ill admit it, I hate change. It really drives me nuts. Then again, if I had my way, we'd still have the same 95 or 2000 team playing together. Freezer had a bad year, he's had a bad couple years. Great stanley cup final. How long do you hold on to a player that has potential, but only shows brief glimpses of it? I wish I knew the answer.

this is going to be a long summer again :argh:

yeah... it will be

I'd give Friesen at least till the trade deadline next year. Lets see if he can bounce back from this year and see how he plays along side Parise. Maybe the poor season he had will push him to prove that this season was a just a "off" year.

Maybe he will turn it around, maybe not. If not then strongly consider dealing him. I'd give him one last shot.

How long do you hold on to a player that has potential, but only shows brief glimpses of it? I wish I knew the answer.

Get him the right linemates

Make sure he taps into his natural ability

Works with the coach copperatively and constructively

Threaten him

If that doesn't work, can him! :evil:

I hope we keep freisen. He had a mediocre year, not so good playoffs. If he likes playing here ,keep him. Why doesnt anyone call for maddens head?? he sucked this year & the playoffs. its a joke he's up for the selke. non deserving this year.

langenbruner wasnt as good this year (stays hurt) and did squat in the playoffs.

he's a guy with a good shot, speed, and occasionally takes the body.

He, needs a year with kozlov, another guy everyone wants outa here. I hope they're both back.

vince