Prudential Center (Not So) Fun Facts

Devils Pride 26

Where to begin...

First of all, to anyone in the crowd tonight that was a hell of a job. The building has never been that loud before, it was out of control early on. From the pregame chants, to blowing the roof off after the goals, and to sticking in it until the end, I was very glad to be a part of it with all of you. Even being force fed to make noise in the third during that utter sh!t storm of a hockey game the crowd was looking for anything to spark the Devils. Early it was the goals and boy it was easily the loudest it had ever been at the Rock. Even though it was clear Marty didn't have it, we still stuck with him and chanted 'marty' towards the end of the first.

I believe a big part of the reason the crowd was hostile to the refs after the disallowed goal was not so much the call itself, just having so much pent up anger over the game and having nothing to release it until then.

Normally the crowd's stay in their own sections, but tonight everyone joined in unison, starting with the four corners, 122 and even the lower level. Really showed how much we wanted to make Prudential Center our home, taking control of a playoff series and getting a win.

We were all hoping for a win to lead to a series win and finally make the Prudential Center feel like home. When you think about it, there is not one single postseason memory from that building we can all look back on and rejoice in times of frustration.

Unfortunately, that was not the case. Walking running my tally to 0-3 in playoff games at the Rock, I can't recall ever being more frustrated. The goddamn building might as well be cursed.

Looking at the numbers, the Devils are 3-7 at the Rock in the playoffs now. Pathetic. Even more pathetic, THE RANGERS HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF PLAYOFF WINS AT THE ROCK! Sickening. These numbers include losing series's to arguably our three biggest rivals in three straight seasons. 5 one goal losses during that span. This includes the only playoff game in the history of the building, 09 gm2 (havelid deflects puck in own net), 09 gm7 (which I thought could never be out done, nice job tonight Devils) and of course this terrible loss tonight.

Even worse, walking out tonight, most of the people seemed completely apathetic! Like this has grown to be some sort of expectation and they are okay with it. I'll be goddamned to ever accpet that, even if it is true, I have way too much passion and pride.

For pete's sake knock the damn building down and move back to the CAA for all I care about the new barn. (I'm not saying I actually want them to move back)

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone else was feeling this way or if I am just overly passionate about the team. If I didn't already buy tickets for Thursday I think it would be safe to say last night was my last game of the year. Hopefully we can be just as electric and leave with a good feeling for once. See you all then.

-had a couple more thoughts in another thread that never went through that I'm sure I might add on later.

The Yankees didn't have a problem with their new building. This has been going on since the lockout. There is no accountability or killer instinct on this country club team and no arena is going to save it or make things worse. How have they been on the road? Not much better.

Devils Pride I feel the same as you. It's true we are only down 2-1 which is better than in 0-3 hole but it's just really disappointing when the crowd was that awesome and they came out with all that energy and then blow the lead again. I still believe this team can certainly take the series but they need to not get down on themselves. I will say that game 7 with Carolina was the worst game I've ever been to in terms of how mad and shocked and disappointed I was. This is up there for sure but I am going to just move on and i will be there thursday cheering as loudly as I was last night!

The Isles used to call the Nassau Coliseum "Fort Neverlose" during the playoffs

we should rename the Prudential center "Fort Suck"

haha

How about "Fort Huckster"?

The Devils tease us at the end of the season, take our money for the playoffs and then play like they did last night.

Well played Devils....Well played.

Being the superstitious person that I am, I'm sadly debating not going back for a playoff game at the Rock. I was at the CAA through the glory years including game 7 of the 2003 cup but so far the Devils are 0-5 while I've attended playoff games at the Rock. Have I done something wrong to deserve this? I guess I'm looking for someone to talk some sense into me but I know you're all superstitious as well so feel free to tell me to stay home on Thursday.

Being the superstitious person that I am, I'm sadly debating not going back for a playoff game at the Rock. I was at the CAA through the glory years including game 7 of the 2003 cup but so far the Devils are 0-5 while I've attended playoff games at the Rock. Have I done something wrong to deserve this? I guess I'm looking for someone to talk some sense into me but I know you're all superstitious as well so feel free to tell me to stay home on Thursday.

You going to the games has nothing to do with any loss. Some of the superstitions go a little too far around here. None of us are that important that we somehow affect the outcome of the game.

I'm not superstitious at all, but the last time I managed to go to a playoff game was 2003...and I'm going tomorrow. :D Hopefully that means something...more than the fact that I've been broke for a long time :P

Prudential center needs better HVAC system it is always fvcking hot as hell in the bldg... especially the upper level.... crank the cold air in the building temps should be 65-68 degrees in all parts of the bldg.