Awards Thursday

Elias Sports Bureau

What do you most want to see out of Thursday's NHL awards?

Nieds with the Norris for me... That seems like it'll be a very close race with Chara, but give him the Norrismayer Award!!!!!

But I started wondering about why Elias was still in town (the very cliched playing of golf with Pando) and it got me to thinking if he was gonna be named as first-team left wing. They do have those guys appear on stage, right? Well I know it's probably Kovalchuk's award, but Elias had some pretty nice numbers and his all-around game is sharper and I know Derek thinks I'm crazy, but it's not exactly out of the realm of possibility, right? Well I'm reading too much into it anyway, but if he wins that would make me secondarily happy.

If we're talking about who deserves them:

Hart- St. Louis

Norris- Niedermayer

Selke- Draper

Calder- Raycroft

Hart - Iginla.

Where do the Flames go without him? After Midgy, the Bolts have Lecavalier, Richards, Modin, Fedotenko, Andreychuk, etc. The Bolts were more of a spread out team effort but the Flames only go as far as Iginla can take them.

Concur with the rest.

Who I WANT to see win:

Hart - Jarome Iginla

Norris - Scott Niedermayer

Vezina - Roberto Luongo (Marty didn't have a good 2nd half, he wasn't consistant enough in my eyes)

Selke - John Madden

Calder - Andrew Raycroft (one of the best players in the LEAGUE, he was simply amazing. Nothing against Hunter and Ryder, but Raycroft takes the cake. Hunter had a better first half than second, so Ryder would be Razor's biggest competition IMO, but Razor will take this one.)

Byng - Martin St. Louis

Adams - Darryl Sutter

----

Who I think WILL win:

Hart - Martin St. Louis

Vezina - Martin Brodeur

Selke - Kris Draper

Calder - Andrew Raycroft

Byng - Daniel Alfredsson

Adams - Darryl Sutter

Who I think WILL win:

Hart - Martin St. Louis

Vezina - Martin Brodeur

Selke - Kris Draper

Calder - Andrew Raycroft

Byng - Daniel Alfredsson

Adams - Darryl Sutter

I concur with RD here. That's probably how it will go. I would rather St. Louis win the Hart because he was the best player. But if Iginla won it (something I could see happening), I wouldn't be disappointed. Funky's right that St. Louis had more of a supporting cast. I just feel St. Louis had the best season.