2014 Cup odds

roomtemp

need to see where the devils offseason takes them. if they keep elias and pick up at least one legit top 6 guy, that's a good buy.

i put $50 on them before last year at 50/1 which was a tremendous buy because they just looked at the past year and didn't think about parise's contribution.

how's that possible? lol they couldnt even win a conference final game with an almost dream team. Fair to say they won't have a team as good next season.

Because they are the sexy pick. The odds in Vegas is not always about who truely is the most likely to win at this point and time in the odds maker's eyes but to also make money. They know alot of people are going to put money on the Penguins among other teams so they give them odds where they won't have to pay off too much.

The Pens as favorites make sense. They have 2 of the top 5 centers in the league and conceivably are a good bet to jettison MAF and presumably keep Letang and the Iginla/Morrow/Murray errors will be gone I'd think too. Guys like Bennett and some of the young defenseman like Despres can play permanently. I don't think it's otu of the realm they could be better