2014 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

..let the pile on begin..

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/514106751617359872

"Miami OC. Bill Lazor was asked if Tannehill has regressed based on what his numbers have suggested this season. Lazor replied: "If that's what the numbers say, then it's accurate."

..wow, at this point it may be better just to sit the kid, instead of having him play with a lack of faith that his coaches\teammates don't feel confidence in him.

Sad it's come to this. Philbin & Lazor throwing Tanny to the lions to save their own asses. Just sad.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no Tanny fan but this is definitely panicking lol. But Philbin himself might be week to week atm so development is the last thing on his mind.

same. im not as big a fan of tany as beez, but therewas a thousand diff ways his oc couldve answered that question about regression. they r throwing him under the bus

The irony is that Matt Moore's play in 2011 was very much a part of the Dolphins not being the worst team in the league and thus drafting Tannehill and not Andrew Luck or perhaps RGIII.  I guess it comes down to whether the Dolphins think Moore can lead them to the playoffs.  He's definitely the better QB, but it's probably a day late and a dollar short. 

At this point, Ross is just setting the table to get Harbaugh if he leaves SF.

The irony is that Matt Moore's play in 2011 was very much a part of the Dolphins not being the worst team in the league and thus drafting Tannehill and not Andrew Luck or perhaps RGIII.  I guess it comes down to whether the Dolphins think Moore can lead them to the playoffs.  He's definitely the better QB, but it's probably a day late and a dollar short. 

At this point, Ross is just setting the table to get Harbaugh if he leaves SF.

The Dolphins were never going to be as bad as Curtis Painter and the Colts, but RGIII or a Trent Richardson were definitely in play without Moore. Not good.

It comes down to whether the Dolphins think Moore can lead them to the playoffs. He's definitely the better QB, but it's probably a day late and a dollar short. 

..you're not losing these game because of Tannehill Daniel.. and like I said before, let Moore come in and prove me wrong.

..you're not losing these game because of Tannehill Daniel.. and like I said before, let Moore come in and prove me wrong.

Uh, yes we are. His accuracy is so bad to the point that the throwing deep passes is basically off the table. He can't blame a bad O-line, unless you're of the belief that an NFL QB needs at least seven seconds to get rid of the ball. He cannot feel pressure to save his life, which you would notice given that he has the build and speed of a receiver. Yesterday he got great support from the running game, and still threw up a giant stinker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Dolphins were never going to be as bad as Curtis Painter and the Colts, but RGIII or a Trent Richardson were definitely in play without Moore. Not good.

Had Henne been the QB the entire year, it would have been very close. Butterfly effects and all.

it doesnt strictly boil down to wins losses.

No, it boils down to professionalism.. and an offensive coordinator coming out and basically telling reporters “stats don’t lie” to defend his QB, shows a LACK of professionalism.

The powder-keg of what happened last year with Martin\Incognito\Pouncey ALONE should’ve crippled that team. The fish lost 4 games by 3 points or less in 2013, because they have a scared head coach who plays not to lose. It never should’ve came to the final week of the season. Miami would’ve been 10-6 last year had it not been for the sophomore-class-field-trip antics of players like Richie & Pouncey. What Tannehill did last season with the cards he was dealt, was nothing short of remarkable. I’m actually astonished he’s only 3 games below .500 after 35 games, given the circus that is the Dolphins.

..but again, please, as a Jets fan… bench him for Matt Moore.

Tannehill will start this week, everyone knows that. And Beez , have you actually WATCHED any of the Fins? Tannehill has been total fvcking garbage. He's taken a step back from where he was even last year. He's regressed a lot.There's no denying it.

Edited by MadDog2020

Tannehill did NOTHING to help this team win yesterday. If he played like even a remotely competent NFL QB, we may have won yesterday. But he was garbage. His accuracy gets worse by the week. And this is coming from someone who was one of Tannehill's biggest supporters. Edited by MadDog2020

No, it boils down to professionalism.. and an offensive coordinator coming out and basically telling reporters “stats don’t lie” to defend his QB, shows a LACK of professionalism.

The powder-keg of what happened last year with Martin\Incognito\Pouncey ALONE should’ve crippled that team. The fish lost 4 games by 3 points or less in 2013, because they have a scared head coach who plays not to lose. It never should’ve came to the final week of the season. Miami would’ve been 10-6 last year had it not been for the sophomore-class-field-trip antics of players like Richie & Pouncey. What Tannehill did last season with the cards he was dealt, was nothing short of remarkable. I’m actually astonished he’s only 3 games below .500 after 35 games, given the circus that is the Dolphins.

..but again, please, as a Jets fan… bench him for Matt Moore.

Coaches call out the poor play by the QB all the time.  And last week, Lazor took all of the blame for the loss.  Not sugar coating the poor QB play does not show a lack of professionalism.

And puhleeze, enough with "Bullygate".  if you actually read the report, the only one in the organization that ever had a problem with anything was Martin, who was a crap offensive lineman to begin with.  Otherwise, it was feigned outrage by the press.  It had no effect on how the team performed because no one on the team really saw a problem with what was going on.

The Dolphins got creamed in the last two games of the season against two non-playoff teams when they only had to win one to make it into the playoffs.  And Tannehill was dreadful in both of those games, where competent QB play probably is enough to win one of them. 

Uh, yes we are. His accuracy is so bad to the point that the throwing deep passes is basically off the table. He can't blame a bad O-line, unless you're of the belief that an NFL QB needs at least seven seconds to get rid of the ball. He cannot feel pressure to save his life, which you would notice given that he has the build and speed of a receiver. Yesterday he got great support from the running game, and still threw up a giant stinker.

Had Henne been the QB the entire year, it would have been very close. Butterfly effects and all.

Daniel is spot on here.

And Beez , have you actually WATCHED any of the Fins? Tannehill has been total fvcking garbage. He's taken a step back from where he was even last year. He's regressed alot. There's no denying it.

..but MD, regressed based off what? :noclue:  Based off God-given talent, or learning from a new OC? This is the same guy who just beat Tom Brady 2 weeks ago, is it not? He's played 2 years and 3 games.. doesn't it take 3-4 years to develop a franchise quarterback? I think a big mistake with fans is not properly allowing ample time to see what you've got before you want to scrap it and start all over again.

Let me be clear: If you bench Tannehill for Moore, there's no turning back. Period! That's the point of no return.

Your team isn't in win-now mode. Doesn't it make more sense to allow the 26 year old to grow, and cultivate his skill-set.. -vs- turning to the 30 year old guy who's played nearly 40 games, and has only one 300+ yrd game to his resume?

..but MD, regressed based off what? :noclue: Based off God-given talent, or learning from a new OC? This is the same guy who just beat Tom Brady 2 weeks ago, is it not? He's played 2 years and 3 games.. doesn't it take 3-4 years to develop a franchise quarterback? I think a big mistake with fans is not properly allowing ample time to see what you've got before you want to scrap it and start all over again.

Let me be clear: If you bench Tannehill for Moore, there's no turning back. Period! That's the point of no return.

Your team isn't in win-now mode. Doesn't it make more sense to allow the 26 year old to grow, and cultivate his skill-set.. -vs- turning to the 30 year old guy who's played nearly 40 games, and has only one 300+ yrd game to his resume?

How? Well he's waaaay less accurate than he was his first two years. His deep ball has always been questionable- now he can't hit intermediate and shorter throws to save his life. Why is that? His instincts have not improved at all- he takes too many sacks, doesn't improvise, can't feel pressure... He beat Tom Brady? No. Knowshon Moreno and the defense beat Tom Brady. Without Moreno going beast mode, we don't win that game either. Our longest TD drive this year is 19 yards. We have the least number of plays over 20 yards in the NFL. If Tannehill played for the Jets and played like this, they'd be calling for his fvcking head, I guarantee you. And btw, I don't want to bench Tannehill. That's crazy talk. But he has taken steps back, and it's extremely concerning. Edited by MadDog2020

..but MD, regressed based off what? :noclue:  Based off God-given talent, or learning from a new OC? This is the same guy who just beat Tom Brady 2 weeks ago, is it not? He's played 2 years and 3 games.. doesn't it take 3-4 years to develop a franchise quarterback? I think a big mistake with fans is not properly allowing ample time to see what you've got before you want to scrap it and start all over again.

Your team isn't in win-now mode. Doesn't it make more sense to allow the 26 year old to grow, and cultivate his skill-set.. -vs- turning to the 30 year old guy who's played nearly 40 games, and has only one 300+ yrd game to his resume?

After yesterday, he's had 35 NFL starts.  Yesterday was one of his worst games, and that's saying a lot.  At some point, you should know what you have.

As to beating the Patriots, well, Chad Henne did that too, as did Mark Sanchez quite a few times.  Hell, I remember when Henne absolutely lit up the Jets and embarrassed Revis on Monday Night.  It still doesn't change the fact that he was always Chad Henne.

In a sense though you're right that Matt Moore probably doesn't have what it takes to get the team into the playoffs, even if he's better than Tannehill, so you might as well go with someone with perceived upside and who might have something to prove.  My guess is that Lazor and Philbin have a nice chat with Tannehill, and he starts against Oakland.  His case was helped out somewhat by the fact that Oakland gave Tom Brady a hard time.  If Tannehill wins and looks competent doing so, he probably will have won himself another two starts.

But if he can't motivate himself now, he's a complete lost cause. 

Our longest TD drive this year is 19 yards. 

You mean yesterday.  They did actually have a couple of longer TD drives in the first two games lol (I had to check, cause this would have been unbelievable if true)

And yeah I think benching him is at least a couple of weeks premature (it's not like he's been terribad, just mediocre/uninspiring) but Philbin might not have more than another couple weeks if things keep spiraling out of control.  Plus Tannehill's never had chemistry with their big FA signing Wallace which is a definite issue.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Philbin might not have more than another couple weeks if things keep spiraling out of control.

THAT's the guy that needs to go! He coaches not to lose, and that doesn't work in today's NFL. I've never said anything to defend Philbin. I'm not sure if getting rid of Sherman was his doing.. --and quite frankly, Miami's offense was ranked 19th last year. Not good.. but far from terrible, given that offensive line.

If I were a Dolphins fan, I would like to see what Tannehill can do under a guy like Harbaugh.

You mean yesterday. They did actually have a couple of longer TD drives in the first two games lol (I had to check, cause this would have been unbelievable if true)

And yeah I think benching him is at least a couple of weeks premature (it's not like he's been terribad, just mediocre/uninspiring) but Philbin might not have more than another couple weeks if things keep spiraling out of control. Plus Tannehill's never had chemistry with their big FA signing Wallace which is a definite issue.

Yeah my bad lol. That would be bad for Henne even.

THAT's the guy that needs to go! He coaches not to lose, and that doesn't work in today's NFL. I've never said anything to defend Philbin. I'm not sure if getting rid of Sherman was his doing.. --and quite frankly, Miami's offense was ranked 19th last year. Not good.. but far from terrible, given that offensive line.

If I were a Dolphins fan, I would like to see what Tannehill can do under a guy like Harbaugh.

Quoted for truth. Philbin needs to go ASAP. I want Harbaugh.