2014 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

Tannehill fights back..

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11582861

"Ryan Tannehill disagrees with the way coach Joe Philbin publicly declined to endorse the third-year quarterback leading into Sunday's game. Philbin declined to say whether Tannehill would remain the starting quarterback on multiple occasions, which created national headlines and speculation that backup Matt Moore could take over the team at some point. Tannehill said he spoke with Philbin privately to clear up his standing. “Obviously, it doesn't feel good.” Tannehill said. “It created a bunch of stir and a bunch of distraction in the locker room -- mostly from the outside coming in. Now guys have to deal with the distraction from it. So it's not a good feeling. I asked him what his reason was, and he has his reasons.. so, you're going to have to get those answers from him. But, honestly, yes [i wished he handled it differently]. Does it feel good to now have to deal with all the distractions that have been created because of how he handled it? No. That's life, we [the Dolphins team] can't let it get to us. We're going about our normal week, it's all this stuff on the outside that seems like the world is collapsing, but.. I think the guys in the huddle are confident. Not only in their abilities but in mine.”

..how the hell can you not love this guy? He should've went after that Lazor right after cutting into Philbin. This kid can play on my team any fvcking day of the week.

Edited by Beezer34

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tannehill balled out today. Great game for the whole team, that's what you're supposed to do to the Raiders. Now we get the bye to rest and heal and we also get Reshad Jones back next game, and possibly Pouncey too. Good stuff.

He did beat up on arguably the worst team in the league, but it was a defense that gave the Pats a hard time, so we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel

He did beat up on arguably the worst team in the league, but it was a defense that gave the Pats a hard time, so we'll see.

Oakland is not a good team. Could you have won this game with Matt Moore? --probably. But would Matt Moore have given you 300 yrds from his arm\legs, and a 75% completion percentage? --probably not.

Tanny is the best QB you have on your roster, and it's time the Dolphins treat him like such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His accuracy and pocket presence were money yesterday, and those were my biggest complaints the first three games. At one point he had 14 straight completions. After the week that kid had, he answered the bell and responded like a franchise QB. Very pleased. Hopefully this will give him and the rest of the offense confidence and it carries over.

.....meanwhile at the same exact time, the Steelers ended up losing....AT HOME.....to a team perceived as equally as bad in Tampa Bay....credit must be given even when it's beating up on who you're SUPPOSED to be being beating up on......

• 2 weeks later...

They actually scare me a little less with Orton.

I'm inclined to agree, but the difference is Orton doesn't make that one STUPID MISTAKE like EJ does (the screen pass try over JJ Watt for example).....Orton knows he has a good defense and running game and doesn't frak with it.....EJ hasn't been seasoned enough to know the difference of when to and NOT to take chances

I actually think the real dark horse to take the AFC East is Miami.

The Pats don't really frighten me anymore, due to their inconsistent play. I can't really give them major props, for the same reason I don't with New Orleans. They're a completely different team when they play home -vs- away.

..since 2012, New England has won 11 of their last 20 road games. That's not anywhere near being bad mind you.. it's just nowhere close to their record in Foxboro. I think the Bills have a real chance to win this weekend.

I actually think the real dark horse to take the AFC East is Miami.

The Pats don't really frighten me anymore, due to their inconsistent play. I can't really give them major props, for the same reason I don't with New Orleans. They're a completely different team when they play home -vs- away.

..since 2012, New England has won 11 of their last 20 road games. That's not anywhere near being bad mind you.. it's just nowhere close to their record in Foxboro. I think the Bills have a real chance to win this weekend.

One thing we have going for us is we get a lot of guys back this week for Green Bay- Pouncey (who may actually be playing RG, which I don't protest to, as it allows us to have our five best o-linemen on the field), Reshad Jones, Koa Misi, Moreno may also be back... the bye came at the right time. Good thing too, because we have our work cut out for us the next two weeks with the Packers and then @Chicago. Edited by MadDog2020

If I see Joe Philbin crossing the street anytime soon, I'm flooring it. That fvcktard gave this game away. Philbin is a p*ssy loser who coaches not to lose.

What did he do?  I actually thought he was kinda reckless early going for 4th and goal from the 2 but didn't see many of the highlights.

What did he do? I actually thought he was kinda reckless early going for 4th and goal from the 2 but didn't see many of the highlights.

On a 3rd and 9 with a chance to ice the game with a first down(Green Bay had no time-outs left), he runs and doesn't even try to get the first, even with Tannehill rolling and playing well in the second half. Punt. Give Rodgers the ball with 2:00 to go and a chance to win the game. THEN on 4th and 9 where a stop wins the game, the Packers completely reeling after just fumbling and barely recovering it, play clock running, Packers disoriented and looking confused, this a$$hole calls a fvcking time-out, once again bailing out Green Bay. Rodgers and McCarthy talk about what mismatch they want to exploit, the offense catches their breath... And well, you saw what happened.