2014 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky him. Lol

Yeah, it's his first full season doing NFL play-by-play, so I guess you start at the bottom.  I imagine though it takes a long, long time to even be considered for the national games.  Sam Rosen is a really established announcer, has been doing football for a while, but is more or less a body when it comes to the NFL.  Still, it's a pretty cool career when you think about it.

And as an aside, he's told me that hockey is by far the most difficult sport to do play-by-play for. 

I will really start to believe if the Dolphins win the next two games. Tannehill will be playing two top ten defenses. Not to mention that if there is any hope of the Dolphins making the playoffs, they have to beat Buffalo.

Yeah if we lose to Buffalo, we're not making the playoffs. That game is absolutely huge. If we lose to Detroit, it's not the end of the world with it being an NFC game, but Buffalo is an absolute must-win.

Well I'm going down for the game against buffalo, have yet to see the fins win at home .....,hopefully this ends on Thursday night football

Scream your head off and bring us home a W.

Scream your head off and bring us home a W.

Speaking of that, have you thought of coming to the MetLife takeover? I know you're superstitious and all, but if we lose to the Jets, especially if it's with the playoffs on the line, it'll be for a worldly reason.

All I'll say is that it's been a lot of fun the last two years.

Last thing is that I think 11-5 is what it'll take to get into the playoffs this year. You can pencil in losses to the Pats and Broncos. So Detroit is a must win in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel

Speaking of that, have you thought of coming to the MetLife takeover? I know you're superstitious and all, but if we lose to the Jets, especially if it's with the playoffs on the line, it'll be for a worldly reason.

All I'll say is that it's been a lot of fun the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably won't make a final decision until right before the game to be honest. I mean, you have to understand Daniel- I'm scarred man. I mean they have lost in just epic, unimaginable fashion in some of the games I've gone to. I have just a ridiculous losing streak seeing this team play in person.The Jets could field Clifton HS's team against us and I'd be afraid to show up for fear we'd find a way to lose. That's part of why I haven't gone to ANY games in 3 years lol (the last game I attended in person was the Tebow disaster in 2011 against Denver where we managed to blow a 15-point lead in 4 minutes). Edited by MadDog2020

The Detroit game is going to be ugly.  #1 defense in the league by scoring vs. #3.  It is winnable, but what scares me is the return of Megatron after a bye-week to rest the ankle.  I'm thinking he's going to get his to the tune of 6-100-1, so we're going to need to keep the rest of the offense there in check.

As to the playoffs...it's going to be tough, as the AFC is strong this year.  

Looking at the schedules, I like Denver, Indy, and Pitt as division winners (I think Cincy will wilt in the second half based on their schedule).  I also like NE as a playoff team, and if they beat Indy in two weeks I like them for the division crown (because like Daniel I think NE will beat Miami in NE).  That leaves a cluster of current 2 loss 1 tie, 3 loss, and 4 loss teams vying for 2 Wild Card spots.  Right now conference standings have them going to KC and Cleveland, but with the Alex Mack injury I can't see Cleveland holding onto the 6 seed.  Since Miami does not play any of the cluster teams anymore except for Buffalo and Baltimore, it's critical they win those two games, as well as the games against teams we're "supposed" to beat (Jets x 2, Minnesota).  That leaves Denver and Detroit, and if we count those as losses out of the gate, they have a 10-6 record, which I agree may not be good enough to hold onto a Wild Card team unless a LOT of the teams we're tied with swoon.  

However, if I can be positive for a moment, Miami's passing defense is currently 2nd in yards per game and the defense is 3rd in points per game (the run defense is a respectable 12th in yards per game).  Tannehill and the passing offense appears to be more efficient and in a much better place than the start of the season, and if Lamar Miller is healthy enough to go, he's averaging around 5 yards per carry.  Miami has the tools to compete against the high octane pass offenses of the NFL, They've made two good quarterbacks (Cutler, Rivers) look lost.  If the coach didn't bail Green Bay out with a timeout in week 5, we would probably also be talking about how Miami made Aaron Rodgers look human (his stat line if he had missed that 4th down conversion would be 50% completion (18-36), 216/2/0).

Teams like Detroit and Denver scare me as a fan, especially when we likely need to beat one of them to make the playoffs.  But I have faith Miami can absolutely compete with these teams.

So apparently the Phins are "hosting" the Jets in London next year. 

It depends on how far into the season the game is, but I'm not outraged by it like some people are.  The Dolphins don't really have that much of a home field advantage except when it's really hot and humid, which is usually the case for the first couple of weeks.  The stadium is not really conducive to effective crowd noise, and there are usually a lot of Jets fans there anyway. 

Go fvck yourself Goodell, taking away a divisional home game. Seriously, I wanna run this fvcker over with a dump truck.

So apparently the Phins are "hosting" the Jets in London next year.

It depends on how far into the season the game is, but I'm not outraged by it like some people are. The Dolphins don't really have that much of a home field advantage except when it's really hot and humid, which is usually the case for the first couple of weeks. The stadium is not really conducive to effective crowd noise, and there are usually a lot of Jets fans there anyway.

Who the fvck cares? It's a home game in the division. I don't care about any of the other sh!t. I'm irate about this.