Jays' Delgado refuses to stand

So you defend the ones that you know are in the wrong, only because they are american.

What are you talking about?

It seems if I insult someone from your country like Bush even though you think he is wrong you will defend him because you are american. Thats the way it seems in here anyway.

Use that search option and you find where I said anything like that because I didnt.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez...venom and more venom....TK...hopeless...follows in the he who shall not be named footsteps :P

How long have they been playing God Bless America at that 7th inning stretch???? Oh since 2001...hmmm...I see no reason why anyone has to stand up for this song...was the baseball world full of unpatriotic bozos before 2001 and the song addition???????? I don't stand for every little sign of something American...why should anyone have to?

Ya know what the few folks want that post as theydo...they want to show their fake rage...it really is pathetic :puke:

Edited by StarDew

How long have they been playing God Bless America at that 7th inning stretch????  Oh since 2001...hmmm...I see no reason why anyone has to stand up for this song...was the baseball world full of unpatriotic bozos before 2001 and the song addition????????  I don't stand for every little sign of something American...why should anyone have to?

And for the 100th time they play it to remember those who died on 9/11

Yeah, so? We have to stand in order for our memories to function? :rolleyes:

I'm getting real sick of all the people -- not just here, but everywhere -- who think you're some sort of traitor if you don't snap to attention every time someone yells out "Saaaa-LUTE!!!". And I'm also sick of those who use 9/11 as their excuse for everything. I'm sure the 3,000 innocents who lost their lives that day really appreciate having their memories twisted into the raison d'

And for the 100th time there is no need to be constantly reminded...no need to stand...remind us of some others who died needlessly like Pearl Harbor or the Viet Nam fiasco.

Thank you, Dew. But remember, constant reminders of 9/11 are an essential tool of the right. Without them, the right can't whip us into a patriotic frenzy so that we lose all rational thought and end up doing exactly as the Bush administration orders us to do.

And for the 100th time there is no need to be constantly reminded...no need to stand...remind us of some others who died needlessly like Pearl Harbor or the Viet Nam fiasco.

Thank you, Dew. But remember, constant reminders of 9/11 are an essential tool of the right. Without them, the right can't whip us into a patriotic frenzy so that we lose all rational thought and end up doing exactly as the Bush administration orders us to do.

Rowdy...you are smart beyond your years...btw...have I mentioned dial up lately :evil: Just kidding my friend just kidding...hope you got a chuckle :D

It has nothing to do with that. It's taking 1 FRICKIN MINUTE to show some remembrance to those who died. It's not a 1 minute salute to Bush.

Edited by NJDEVILICEONFIRE

It has nothing to do with that its taking 1 FRICKIN MINUTE to show some remembrance to those who died. Its not a 1 minute salute to Bush.

Just remember those??? How could I forget when some I once knew are no longer here??? I don't need no stinking anything to help me remember.

I don't need no stinking anything to help me remember.

Nice English. I use generics not personal directives :D

Guess you never heard the line "We don't need no stinking badges"...my post is what is called a take off...broaden your life ;)

It has nothing to do with that its taking 1 FRICKIN MINUTE to show some remembrance to those who died. Its not a 1 minute salute to Bush.

But do we have to do it every single night at every single ballgame? Seems a bit like overkill to me.

Hmm...

But do we have to do it every single night at every single ballgame? Seems a bit like overkill to me.

Its not at every single ballgame. The Phillies don't do it but some teams do. The Yankees do it but thats cause they are in NY.

Hmm...

You missed what he said before so you won't get it.

NJDEVILICEONFIRE don't waste your time. Obviously 3000 lives wasn't enough for some people, maybe if they elect Kerry his stupid politics will cost us 10,000 lives, and then it'll take only 4 years for liberals to forget

it's really sad

Edited by TK421

How could anyone EVER forget what happened on 9/11? Also, how can anyone accuse people of forgetting? It's one of those days you remember every detail of and is permanently etched in your mind. I don't need a song to remind me of the thousands of lost lives. However, people have to move on with their lives, but they don't forget, it's there in the back of their minds forever.

How could anyone EVER forget what happened on 9/11? Also, how can anyone accuse people of forgetting? It's one of those days you remember every detail of and is permanently etched in your mind. I don't need a song to remind me of the thousands of lost lives. However, people have to move on with their lives, but they don't forget, it's there in the back of their minds forever.

But is it really so hard to stand for 1 minute? Heck it is the 7th inning stretch anyway.

But remember, constant reminders of 9/11 are an essential tool of the right. 

God damn it, why do they always play those WW2 documentaries on the History Channel, damn it, if I see "Hitler's Henchmen" one more time i'm throwning my TV out the window.... why do they have to constantly remind us of the Holocaust, Aushwitz, Zyklon B.....man, i hope they stop showing those things or people might acctually figure out that you should learn from history so you won't be doomed to repeat it's mistakes... :rolleyes: ...

ooops, Sorry Godwin... :argh:

Without them, the right can't whip us into a patriotic frenzy so that we lose all rational thought and end up doing exactly as the Bush administration orders us to do.

hmmmmm... it's almost TOO easy :uni:

How could anyone EVER forget what happened on 9/11?  Also, how can anyone accuse people of forgetting?  It's one of those days you remember every detail of and is permanently etched in your mind.  I don't need a song to remind me of the thousands of lost lives.  However, people have to move on with their lives, but they don't forget, it's there in the back of their minds forever.

But is it really so hard to stand for 1 minute? Heck it is the 7th inning stretch anyway.

No it's not hard, and like I had said earlier I would stand. The point is you shouldn't HAVE TO stand and shouldn't have to face criticism for not doing so.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.