Jays' Delgado refuses to stand

There is a difference between inventing something and pioneering it.  If I'm not mistaken the VCR was invented in the US, but the Japanese basically  pioneered it.

And the Czechs invented the first contact lens back in the 1960s, but had no idea how to take it and do anything with it on a large-scale basis. That was done in the US and Western Europe.

Good example, but they'll always be credited with the invention will they not?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting back to the original subject, I caught some of the Yankee game earlier and Delgado got his when he came to bat in the ninth. Good!

Forget that...

EL DUQE!!!!!!!!!!!!! HES BACK!!!

hernandez_orlando2.jpg

Hey Coney, why dont YOU have a dance?!??! - Luis Sojo

Getting back to the original subject, I caught some of the Yankee game earlier and Delgado got his when he came to bat in the ninth. Good!

Yes he did, booing could be heard, some fans even shouted USA, USA. (And as far as the game, great game. Low scoring, short, El Duque (and Lilly) pitched great, and obviously an exciting finish with the walk off homer)

no country or terrorist organization wants to waste a perfectly good bomb on you guys cause Canada stands for nothing good and decent in the world...

I get called anti-American for dispising the Bush administration, but this gets a free pass.

What group HASN'T TK gotten on yet...let's see Muslims are no good, blacks are criminals, Canadians are useless, what am I leaving out :P

Spanish, French, Filipinos, Indians...etc...

no country or terrorist organization wants to waste a perfectly good bomb on you guys cause Canada stands for nothing good and decent in the world...

I get called anti-American for dispising the Bush administration, but this gets a free pass.

What group HASN'T TK gotten on yet...let's see Muslims are no good, blacks are criminals, Canadians are useless, what am I leaving out :P

My wife is Filipno, so she is useless? :o

Edited by Legend Of the Clown Banner

lol no he said Canadians are useless not Filipnos

No, he pissed on the Filipinos when they pulled their vast army of 51 troops out of Iraq a month earlier than planned after one of their citizens was taken hostage.

Anyone who's not a white Republican.

No, he pissed on the Filipinos when they pulled their vast army of 51 troops out of Iraq a month earlier than planned after one of their citizens was taken hostage.

Didnt know I wasnt in here for that one

Canada didn't pioneer in Standard Time, obviously the English did IE Greenwich Time... we don't say Toronto Time....

So Standard time is an English invention.

OK, so Canada can have their snow mobiles, what a great world changing invention

Its was a canadian who invented it making it a canadian invention. We also made many breakthroughs in medical fields. So today without Canada you wouldn't have penicillin, Heart Pacemaker, Insulin Process, Standard Time or the telephone. That would be a nice life for you to live in. I hope you would be one of the diabetics that would suffer because Canada is useless. Maybe you would get sick and not have penicillin and you would die from something as small as a simple infection. You wouldn't be able to call anyone. We also invented the tellegraph 5 miles from where I live.

What has Texas done for us latley? Cook a damn good hotdog? Take over Mexican soil?

Canada didn't pioneer in Standard Time, obviously the English did IE Greenwich Time... we don't say Toronto Time....

OK, so Canada can have their snow mobiles, what a great world changing invention

Its was a canadian who invented it making it a canadian invention. We also made many breakthroughs in medical fields. So today without Canada you wouldn't have penicillin, Heart Pacemaker, Insulin Process, Standard Time or the telephone. That would be a nice life for you to live in. I hope you would be one of the diabetics that would suffer because Canada is useless. Maybe you would get sick and not have penicillin and you would die from something as small as a simple infection. You wouldn't be able to call anyone. We also invented the tellegraph 5 miles from where I live.

What has Texas done for us latley? Cook a damn good hotdog? Take over Mexican soil?

Let's not get carried away. If Canada or a Canadian didn't think of it, I'm sure someone else would have. For every invention there's usually some guy (or gal) kicking themselves for not furthering their own similar inventions.

Whos going to start the your momma comments?

Apollo 13, I'm pretty sure they've held other space launches also.

They never launched a space craft from TX, it's only Mission Control in Houston

Its was a canadian who invented it making it a canadian invention.

No it doesn't

We also made many breakthroughs in medical fields. So today without Canada you wouldn't have  penicillin,

Some guy sneezed in a dish and discovered a new medicine, WOW, how smart you guys are...

Heart Pacemaker, Insulin Process, Standard Time

So those are the greatest things to come out of Canada?

or the telephone.

Invented by Scottish man here in America, got a US patent, and yet you think it's a Canadian invention... :rolleyes:

:lol: your comparing an entire country to a state. :lol:

cause they deserved me pissing on them... peice of crap Philipines

No it doesn't

Actually, it does.

Last I checked, Insulin is a very important thing.

If the United States had discovered/invented any of these first you wouldn't be downplaying them. Give credit where credit is due man.

No it doesn't

Actually, it does.

Last I checked, Insulin is a very important thing.

If the United States had discovered/invented any of these first you wouldn't be downplaying them. Give credit where credit is due man.

Do you know who Marie Curie was?

Typical Republican responses to any and all arguments:

"They should go back to their own country."

or

"They should leave this country if they don't support it."

"That's because they're from another country. They're lowly foreigners."

"Well, George W. Bush created/supported it, so it must be good."

"Uh...it's an American product/invention/fecal sample/etc., so how could you possibly think it's not absolutely, positively amazing?"

"We're just liberating these poor innocent people by getting rid of their evil leaders!"

Then, two months later, after thousands of innocent people have died....

"I don't feel sorry for those innocents who have lost family members in bombing raids. After all, they were Middle Eastern, so they must have been terrorists."

Edited by Chris

cause they deserved me pissing on them... peice of crap Philipines

What if I were to tell you that I'm Filipino? Do you have any idea how racist you are, and how absolutely flawed it makes any and all of your arguments seem? People like you are the reason why this country is hated. You're a perfect fit for the Bush administration.

Political conversation is one thing, but I don't see how blatant racism could possibly escape the moderators' attention.

Edited by Chris

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.