Jays' Delgado refuses to stand

Let's say a popular American hockey player didn't stand for the Canadian national anthem before the start of a game. How would they be received?

Good point. Montreal Canadiens anyone? When they booed our National Anthem when the New York Islanders played up there. I was so happy that Islander fans returned the favor and booed the Canadian national anthem at Nassau.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually no I wasn't.....but if you want to be a jerk about it then I will make sure to include you next time...

No problem. You were the one who put the jerk word out there.

Whats next, Bush was behind 9/11 the whole time? :blink:

Canada stands for peace, ethnic backround, freedom. USA stands for war and overpowering everyone in its way.

Go on vacation and ask any country who they respect more.....USA or Canada, then see who stands for the right things.

Quite honestly, Jason, what you just said is no better than what TK previously said about Canada. I'm rather sick of *certain* Canadians insisting that they are so peace-living and everyone lives in harmony up North. Given the treatment of your Natives (Indians) and the whole Anglo-Franco conflict, Canada doesn't really have too much room to talk either.

Perhaps other countries say they 'respect' Canada more than the U.S.,but they sure as hell TALK about the U.S and consume our culture alot more than yours. Sorry if it offends you, but that is the truth. I've asked my European friends how Canada is perceived over there and they've said that alot of Euros see Canada basically as "part of the U.S.".

This was a stupid comment, shouldn't have said it but TK421 is starting to piss me off with his "Canada holds nothing on USA"

other then hockey, what has Canada done that has been so great for the world? or pioneered in? something original that is associated with Canada... and something important

-Invented the telephone

-Descovered penicillin

-Basketball

-Garbage Bag

-Heart Pacemaker

-Insulin Process

-Snowblower

-Standard Time

-Snowmobile

-TV

-Wireless Radio

-Zipper

These are just things off the top of my head

Let's say a popular American hockey player didn't stand for the Canadian national anthem before the start of a game. How would they be received?

Good point. Montreal Canadiens anyone? When they booed our National Anthem when the New York Islanders played up there. I was so happy that Islander fans returned the favor and booed the Canadian national anthem at Nassau.

Actually - I think it was sung very loudly and applauded in Boston I believe, and it was an incredibly classy thing those fans did....

Actually I would have liked it better if noone booed, why should we let some of the Quebec natives who obviously have a distaste for the United States get to us? Whats the big deal?

I couldn't care less, I don't need to stand to respect my country. I do it in many other ways.

Actually I would have liked it better if noone booed, why should we let some of the Quebec natives who obviously have a distaste for the United States get to us? Whats the big deal?

Actually France wanted the USA to have no part in the Iraq war, many french citizens in Quebec feel they are related more to France then Canada and agree with anything protesters in France are doing. Thats why they were booing. Its ok that Atlanta did the exact same thing 2 nights later only they didn't have any political stance. They did it for spite.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Actually France wanted the USA to have no part in the Iraq war, many french citizens in Quebec feel they are related more to France then Canada and agree with anything protesters in France are doing. Thats why they were booing. Its ok that Atlanta did the exact same thing 2 nights later only they didn't have any political stance. They did it for spite.

I know that but Quebec is still in Canada.

Actually I would have liked it better if noone booed, why should we let some of the Quebec natives who obviously have a distaste for the United States get to us?  Whats the big deal?

I agree with you. Why boo if they booed? If we don't boo, that makes them look worse. And El Diablo is correct about the Bruin fans during that series. They loudly cheered the Canadian anthem. Nice to see.

I know that but Quebec is still in Canada.

While I am happy to have Quebec be part of the country you can't group them with Canada nor can you group Maritimes with Quebec with Ontario, with Western Canada. All regions have their own beliefs. You think all of canada is the same......watch our election, different areas are intotal support of different parties.

I love how France forgets that they started a war in Vientman in 1946 and the US sent billions in aid and troops to assist France and France lost in 1954 and then we tried to clean up the mess they created...oh thats right, this is ALL about France I forgot, we NEVER help France

I love how France forgets that they started a war in Vientman in 1946 and the US sent billions in aid and troops to assist France and France lost in 1954 and then we tried to clean up the mess they created...oh thats right, this is ALL about France I forgot, we NEVER help France

I dunno, I'm not from Quebec or France so it is tough to stick up for anyone but myself.

-Invented the telephone

-Descovered penicillin

-Basketball

-Garbage Bag

-Heart Pacemaker

-Insulin Process

-Snowblower

-Standard Time

-Snowmobile

-TV

-Wireless Radio

-Zipper

There should be a difference between that which is invented IN Canada and that which is invented by Canadians.

no country or terrorist organization wants to waste a perfectly good bomb on you guys cause Canada stands for nothing good and decent in the world...

I get called anti-American for dispising the Bush administration, but this gets a free pass.

no country or terrorist organization wants to waste a perfectly good bomb on you guys cause Canada stands for nothing good and decent in the world...

I get called anti-American for dispising the Bush administration, but this gets a free pass.

It is over the line, but I already took him to task in the other thread for saying Canada did nothing militarily. I don't have the strength for this argument after arguing with Jason about the Serbs. Can someone else handle it???

It is over the line, but I already took him to task in the other thread for saying Canada did nothing militarily. I don't have the strength for this argument after arguing with Jason about the Serbs. Can someone else handle it???

I allready told you they weren't in that war for profit, it was a page after you said it. All I am saying is that they should have acted a different way rather then flip a coin and destroy one side.

-Invented the telephone

Invented by Alexander Graham Bell. Born on March 3, 1847 in Scotland. Made first telephone and first call while working at his shop in BOSTON. Got an AMERICANpatent for it. First successful phone call from city to city was BOSTON to NEW YORK.

-Descovered penicillin

Sir Alexander Fleming was born at Lochfield near Darvel in Ayrshire, Scotland on August 6th, 1881. Penicillin was discovered by bacteriologist Alexander Fleming working at St. Mary’s Hospital in London in 1928.

-Basketball

"basketball, a game that started with 18 men in a YMCA gymnasium in Springfield, Mass., has grown into a game that more than 300 million people play worldwide."

History of Basketball

Invented by a Canadian, Yes.

Is basketball regarded as an Amerian or Canadian sport?

-Garbage Bag
:rofl:
-Heart Pacemaker
Correct
-Insulin Process
Correct
-Snowblower
:lol:
-Standard Time
The Canadian Encyclopedia
So, here’s the scoop. England was the first to standardize time
-Snowmobile
WOW, what a great invention. To think i doubted Canadian engineering... Aren't most of them manufacted by Honda and Yamaha and other Japanesse companies?

anadia did not pioneer in it..

-TV
Edited by TK421

Canada didn't pioneer in Standard Time, obviously the English did IE Greenwich Time... we don't say Toronto Time....

So Standard time is an English invention.

OK, so Canada can have their snow mobiles, what a great world changing invention

There is a difference between inventing something and pioneering it. If I'm not mistaken the VCR was invented in the US, but the Japanese basically pioneered it.

And the Czechs invented the first contact lens back in the 1960s, but had no idea how to take it and do anything with it on a large-scale basis. That was done in the US and Western Europe.

What group HASN'T TK gotten on yet...let's see Muslims are no good, blacks are criminals, Canadians are useless, what am I leaving out :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.