I just threw up in my mouth a little

msweet

What's more shameful about all of this is how many anti-New Jersey jokes Rangers fans make. When they're not crapping on Marty's marital status, they're making New Jersey jokes. All the "go back to your swamp" and "Newark is a sh!thole" and "go back to the jersey shore" jokes, and yet so many of their fans live here.

Good. What we need is regional polarization between the fanbases. Rangers fans from new Jersey should feel alienated from that fanbase. That's what fans do, they tell their rivals what sh!tholes they come from. And don't validate their bullsh!t by taking such offense.

Good. What we need is regional polarization between the fanbases. Rangers fans from new Jersey should feel alienated from that fanbase. That's what fans do, they tell their rivals what sh!tholes they come from. And don't validate their bullsh!t by taking such offense.

You'd think a Jersey-based Rangers fan with any self respect or pride would agree with you, but apparently that's not the case.

You'd think a Jersey-based Rangers fan with any self respect or pride would agree with you, but apparently that's not the case.

Ranger fans, particularly the ones from NJ, don't have any self-respect or pride. Its why they root for the Rangers.

Ranger fans, particularly the ones from NJ, don't have any self-respect or pride. Its why they root for the Rangers.

The one thing I've never understood is why people from other areas lump me in with New Yorkers.  I've rooted for three teams in my sports life:  the Devils, the Mets, and the Patriots.  That's it.  I've talked about how I got into each team on here before.  My father used to take me and my brother to Nets games back in the Mike Gminski days, when they were playing at Rutgers (1980), but I simply never could get into hoops much.  I tried again, first during the Drazen Petrovic era, then when Keith Van Horn was playing, but basketball just never took for me.

I hate when people assume I should just root for NY teams, just because.  Like when the Yankees are in the playoffs, well, they're a NY team, so I should just root for 'em, because, well, they're "local".  Never mind that I'm a Met fan who absolutely despises the Yankees.  And hey, I must be thrilled that the Rangers are in the SCF, well, because they play in NY!  To some people NJ = NY = root for all things NY.

NY has absolutely NOTHING to do with me...I've spent all of my nearly 44 years living in New Jersey; hell, I live about 17 mi or so from the Pennsylvania border, and the area I live in (Clinton) is much more Pennsy-like than NY-like...Pennsy is a lot more "local", but I sure as hell ain't going to start rooting for the Flyers, Eagles, or Phillies anytime soon, or start identifying with Pennsylvanians.  I hate NYC.  Sure, lots of stuff to see and do, but I don't like it.  I don't like a lot of Noo Yawkers.  I've been to cities that are cleaner and nicer (who cares if they're smaller), where the people are also cleaner and nicer.  NYC is by far and away the LEAST friendliest city I've ever been to.  I'm not going to say I've never had fun there, but I don't really see what's so enchanting or awesome about it. 

And though I'm a huge Met fan, I'll readily admit that if NJ ever gets a major-league baseball team, then there's definitely a chance I might be done with the Mets (NJ getting a baseball team probably never happens though).       

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The Jersey native Flyer/Rangerdiehard  fan does not really bother me anymore...  I think what bothers me more is the millions.. and Millions of NJ bandwagon rags fans...  there are fans right now that i did not even know they liked hockey and all of the sudden they act like they have been lifers, that pissing me off!!!