Schedule released. Home opener 10/18 vs San Jose.

ghdi

So stupid.  Giants are playing the Eagles on Sunday Night Football that day and the Rangers have their home opener.  Such wonderful planning.

I agree with your point.  If I owned a team I would NEVER want them playing at the same time as the local NFL team(s) and would not want any home games during NFL play-off games.

I feel for you, and I agree having the Rangers' home opener at the same time as either a Giants or Jets game isn't too smart.  I'm guessing the NHL figured that because the October Eagles/Giants game is in Philadelphia, the impact on the Rangers wouldn't be as significant.

I hear you with avoiding NFL playoff games too.  I know personally I wouldn't have interest in attending a Devils game (or any other game for a team I follow in the NBA or college basketball) if it was occurring at the same time as an NFL playoff game.  Actually, I've passed a number of times on attending college basketball games in the DC area (where I live) for teams I follow when they play a DC or Baltimore area team but the game is on at the same time as an NFL playoff game.

When's the next time Grant Marshall will be presenting a lucky fan something?

Hasan had more breakdown on your schedule if you're interested in discussing something relevant.

Marshall has Stanley Cup rings and has recovered from a paralysis. If he was a RanJuh they would have a biography ala Dominic Moore and have him present something every intermission....wait...no... if he was a RanJuh he'd have zero rings.

Calling Tri out in regard to relevant discussion? This a Devils forum and if he wants to jab at the RanJuhs he can.  If you take exception then don't visit/post.  Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Oh damn it's getting heated in here.

But yeah, Grant Marshall has two Stanley Cup rings, end of story. Joke annulled. Not like we're parading Ron Duguay around our building as some meaningful alumnus.

Edited by DJ Eco

No. The only game that starts at 8 is vs Calgary on the road, but that's 8 their time, 10 ours. We have a Pacific road trip in January that all will be the typical 10pm-1030 start, as well as a few in November and March (some Mountain TZ). Theres a few others Im missing but the times on the PDF are all local time to where the game is being played.

Ah, darn!

Rangers' home opener is a Sunday afternoon, but I imagine the game doesn't start until Sunday night - the 2014 Eastern Conference Champions banner raising ceremony w/ all the stars from 94 in attendance skating around with the Stanley Cup before the game - it'll take a while.

Don't forget the ceremony where Mark Messier, wearing a Rangers jersey,  takes the 'C' off his sweater and puts it on the very next Rangers captain.

They also have to clean up all the tears from Messier too- that takes at least 10 extra minutes on top of it.

Well done, fellas.

Considering how boring (and inexpensive) January usually is for me, I might make a little away trip to go to one of:

Saturday Feb. 7th Devils @ Montreal Canadiens

Saturday Feb. 14th Devils @ Nashville Predators

Saturday Feb. 28th Devils @ Columbus Bluejackets

Anyone been to Nashville? That's the one I'm leaning toward as the cheapest weekend. Curious if anyone's made the trip for a Devils game there before?

Considering how boring (and inexpensive) January usually is for me, I might make a little away trip to go to one of:

Saturday Feb. 7th Devils @ Montreal Canadiens

Saturday Feb. 14th Devils @ Nashville Predators

Saturday Feb. 28th Devils @ Columbus Bluejackets

Anyone been to Nashville? That's the one I'm leaning toward as the cheapest weekend. Curious if anyone's made the trip for a Devils game there before?

I haven't been to Devils game there but I have caught a Preds game there before. If you like bars/country music then I would highly recommend it. The country music hall of fame is right in walking distance of the arena and you can also get a hotel in walking distance of the arena, the main street, which I believe is Broadway where all the music bars are at are all right across from the arena.

I'm not into country music at all so I thought Nashville was kinda eh. Montreal is the nicest place out of those 3 in my opinion.