Devils release official 23-man roster

RunninWithTheDevil

It was like that last year, too. I think Greene gets the A for home games and Zajac gets it for away games. I know they split it, but I could have that backwards.

Since we know what the top 9 will look like, what do you guys the 4th line will be on Thursday?

Ruutu-Gionta (over Josefson)-Brunner

That's what I'm going with, assuming there's no trade. I feel like Ruutu is the only one who's almost definitely going to be on there. Brunner had some pretty good moments in camp, so I think it's pretty safe to say that he'll be there, too. Unless Tootoo can play center, or they decide to move Ruutu there, I don't think Tootoo will be in the lineup on opening night.

As for Gionta vs. Josefson, not sure who starts. Probably Gionta, since I didn't think Josefson had a very good preseason, and DeBoer seems more comfortable with Gionta. DeBoer does like to use JJ on the PK, though, so you never know. It'll be annoying if Josefson becomes the extra forward all year again.