GDT: Game 3- Devils @ Lightning - 7:30 PM ET

dmann422

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whomever said Cammy reminds you of Parise, I tend to think more of Gionta in 2006. Always around the net, pucks finding his stick... I love him so far. It's awesome.

I never liked the guy, especially his personality and not gonna be an hypocrite suddenly like him just cause he's on my team now but i'm surprise how well he's been playing on the PK, pressuring the guys and being relentless. If he can keep up like that it's gonna be a lot better for him cause he won't be seen just as a scorer. Cause when you're just a scorer, when you're having a streak of not scoring then you're useless.

with the home opener on Saturday, any chance they give Cory a rest for tomorrow's game against Washington?

Nah. It's still early in the year and he's getting the day off in between.

It is something to keep in mind as the season progresses.

Whereas in the past Devils fans were so used to seeing Marty play 60- to 70-odd games a season, the majority of NHL goaltenders aren't conditioned to handle that type of workload.

Cory might require a few additional games off, in order to stay fresh,

It's hard not to like this team. All 3 lines are unique and have something different to offer. And then the youth on defense and Schneider in his prime. It's hard not to believe in this team, I hope they can keep it up and be consistent. I think only potential injuries will continue to be the black cloud over this team, otherwise on paper, we can beat anyone.

that is really the only thing that worries me right now.. the amount of older injury prone players we have, if 2 or more of them go out we could be in serious trouble.

that is really the only thing that worries me right now.. the amount of older injury prone players we have, if 2 or more of them go out we could be in serious trouble.

They've been pretty lucky so far.. lots of teams losing some big pieces to significant injury.

I mean, obviously this team isn't going to stay healthy all year with the veteran players.. but, knock on wood, nothing major so far.