GDT Devils @ Capitals 11/14/14

2ELIAS6

i think both combos with henrique could have great potential rico would bring a touch of speed to the slower elias and havlat line and he could definently contribute some skill on the jj rutuu line..will be interesting to see what happens when he gets back im sure there will be a little bit of experimenting ..still nothing new on his status? i thought this was a little tiny thing he had going on?

Heard TG say on NHL Network that it was possibly a groin issue.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heard TG say on NHL Network that it was possibly a groin issue.

that would make sense since they said it happened when he was hoping over the boards..which sounds quite stupid. I hope he comes back soon so we can have a full line up of forwards again, minus clowe which for his own sake i really hope he just retires he clearly has another head issue going on.

Found out we won and got a SO. Cool.

Wasn't at the game as I'm in Tyson's Corner but was walking around Verizon Center during pregame and after walking the streets & riding Metro it's a little surprising to see the amount of Devils jerseys in and outside DC tonight. For a team not lighting it up recently there were a good amount of em. though not Pens/Flyers level or anything. Kinda makes me proud.

Edited by Marv4Life

that would make sense since they said it happened when he was hoping over the boards..which sounds quite stupid. I hope he comes back soon so we can have a full line up of forwards again, minus clowe which for his own sake i really hope he just retires he clearly has another head issue going on.

Guess he learned a few tricks from Havlat, lol. At least Henrique wasn't caught on camera like Havlat was when this happened to him.

Did Havlat tore his acl or something when that happened to him?

From Wikipedia:

On July 3, 2011, Havlat was traded to the San Jose Sharks for Dany Heatley.[18] In the following 2011-12 season, on December 17, 2011, Havlat caught his skate on the bench and fell over the boards onto the ice tearing his Hamstring. He returned on March 17, 2012. On March 18, 2012, 1 day after returning, Havlat scored the game winning goal in OT for the Sharks in defeating the Detroit Red Wings.

Too quiet around here when the Devils win. Missed pretty much the entire game, but heard it was a really good effort. It sounded like the kind of game they have lost many times over the last two seasons. That was a gift for Cammalleri, but a high-skilled goal. The Devils are just such a better team with him in the lineup.

The team defense is looking better. The PK seems better (it isn't just a Salvador thing). Devils731 did a nice job explaining the Xs and Os of the changes. Larsson and Gelinas are getting better each game.

So I know Tanknation was just beginning, but Fools Gold Schneider might have something to say about it.

Friday night games always seem to be quiet around here. Personally I just got done watching the game on dvr.

Cory was fantastic tonight.

How the hell does Zidlicky not bury that empty net? We got lucky that didn't come back to bite us in the ass.

Tootoo and Ruutu both took high sticking penalties in the offensive zone. Gotta get more disciplined.

Too quiet around here when the Devils win. Missed pretty much the entire game, but heard it was a really good effort. It sounded like the kind of game they have lost many times over the last two seasons. That was a gift for Cammalleri, but a high-skilled goal. The Devils are just such a better team with him in the lineup.

The team defense is looking better. The PK seems better (it isn't just a Salvador thing). Devils731 did a nice job explaining the Xs and Os of the changes. Larsson and Gelinas are getting better each game.

So I know Tanknation was just beginning, but Fools Gold Schneider might have something to say about it.

The game definitely looked like one from last season. Really solid game defensively, had a few chances on offense that we couldn't finish on, but instead of losing a 1 goal game, Cammalleri cashed in on a mistake and we won this one.

Cammalleri is exactly the kind of player this team needed to give us a real threat to score. With 7 goals in 11 games played, he's been everything we needed him to be and more. A start like this puts him, so long as he can play another 50-55 games this year and shoots at least his career average the rest of the season, on pace for right about 30 goals this year.

How the hell does Zidlicky not bury that empty net? We got lucky that didn't come back to bite us in the ass.

This. I was so waiting for the Caps to score and tie it. That would be typical Devils hockey right there and I was so relieved once we won.

I was a 100% behind the cammalleri signing. Behind stastny he was the best fit for us. Deadlie shot. He skates well and he has the arrogance of a goal scorer. 

We are 2-0 without our captain in the lineup.

Stastny was "going home" to St. Louis the whole time.

Was at the game last night. Haven't seen Verizon Center that dead throughout since Ovie's rookie season. Great D coverage backed up by Schneider. Thought the 4th line really took it too the Caps during the 2nd period. Good win.

The game definitely looked like one from last season. Really solid game defensively, had a few chances on offense that we couldn't finish on, but instead of losing a 1 goal game, Cammalleri cashed in on a mistake and we won this one.

Cammalleri is exactly the kind of player this team needed to give us a real threat to score. With 7 goals in 11 games played, he's been everything we needed him to be and more. A start like this puts him, so long as he can play another 50-55 games this year and shoots at least his career average the rest of the season, on pace for right about 30 goals this year.

I didnt realize his game was this complete, he's a solid top 6 hockey player

me neither.. i didnt know much about him but man if he stays healthy he looks like he could be close to a 40 goal scorer for us.. he needs to stay in the line up

He works a lot on his game with bob Hartley in Calgary. Hartley says he is proud of the player he become under him.

Found out we won and got a SO. Cool.

Wasn't at the game as I'm in Tyson's Corner but was walking around Verizon Center during pregame and after walking the streets & riding Metro it's a little surprising to see the amount of Devils jerseys in and outside DC tonight. For a team not lighting it up recently there were a good amount of em. though not Pens/Flyers level or anything. Kinda makes me proud.

Every Devils game I attend at the Verizon Center is probably 15% Devils fans. Last night was probably a little higher percentage than the Thursday 10/16 game because it was a Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CHIP72

Watching the game in person at the Verizon Center, I thought Larsson had a strong game; that was very good to see. Gelinas on the other hand scares the hell out of me on defense.

With the exception of the gaffe by Holtby, both goalies played well. Pretty entertaining contest, especially the last two periods, for a 1-0 game (and luckily the Devils didn't make it even more interesting in the last minute of regulation).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CHIP72