GDT Devils vs Islanders in big weekend

Derek21

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I do and I stated my problem with it. And cut the sh!t because you aren't fooling anyone, you posted this thread bright and early at 1am yesterday so your link would be on top, had nothing to do with anyone else posting a game thread because everyone here posts the morning of and all the posters know that. 

There it is again though. Your true sh!t Rangers colors always shine through. Show me posts that I root for this team to tank cause I haven't been. You're like a cockaroach that just won't go away. I can't stand your bs play nice Rangers fan garbage, you're only here to try to get views on your website at the moment. Just like the past you'll have your usually Rangers fan hissy fit and fvck off for awhile but you always come back. 

I have no issues with Hasan or him posting links to his articles but he knows how to post, he can do it himself. 

This is only time I don't like this forum because this kind of sh!t would never fly if a Devils fan went over to outside the garden or hf boards and did it. 

Why would a Rangers fan hang out here anyway? I wonder...

On a year of ups and downs, I nice two points tonight against the Islanders who had been roliing for the most part.  Getting two while getting out played is a bonus but not fools gold. :)

My personal highlight of the game was Cammy working the nachos, well deserved and hopefully it happens more ofter,  I see no trade value in him so might as well wake his underperforming ass up if possible.  

Edited by titans04

On 2/19/2017 at 2:47 AM, Satans Hockey said:

I do and I stated my problem with it. And cut the sh!t because you aren't fooling anyone, you posted this thread bright and early at 1am yesterday so your link would be on top, had nothing to do with anyone else posting a game thread because everyone here posts the morning of and all the posters know that. 

There it is again though. Your true sh!t Rangers colors always shine through. Show me posts that I root for this team to tank cause I haven't been. You're like a cockaroach that just won't go away. I can't stand your bs play nice Rangers fan garbage, you're only here to try to get views on your website at the moment. Just like the past you'll have your usually Rangers fan hissy fit and fvck off for awhile but you always come back. 

I have no issues with Hasan or him posting links to his articles but he knows how to post, he can do it himself. 

This is only time I don't like this forum because this kind of sh!t would never fly if a Devils fan went over to outside the garden or hf boards and did it. 

I don't care about views. Most previews and recaps don't attract readership. It's when it's an obscure piece that people read. I don't write sensationalist crap like rival blogs who make it seem like the Rangers have missed the playoffs the last five years. I write for fun and keep perspective. Hasan doesn't post anything because of public perception. In the old days, there was more tolerance.They even linked up our old site under the News Section. I never post anything Rangers. But a few people here do when it's relevant. Yet that's what I'm labeled. As a Rangers fan. I can write blogs on anything hockey related and it wouldn't change public opinion. I did a piece on the Sabres the other day and their surge. Unfortunately, they got blasted by the Blackhawks.

I don't need to defend myself. Hasan writes good posts about this team and has backbone. He doesn't believe in tanking. I am nice. I don't care about whose team is better. Hockey isn't life. It's sport. It's about time you started acting like it. Enjoy the games for what they are. A needless distraction. Enjoy being around friends and surround yourself with positive people. Do what makes you happy. Have a nice day.

31 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

I don't care about views. Most previews and recaps don't attract readership. It's when it's an obscure piece that people read. I don't write sensationalist crap like rival blogs who make it seem like the Rangers have missed the playoffs the last five years. I write for fun and keep perspective. Hasan doesn't post anything because of public perception. In the old days, there was more tolerance.They even linked up our old site under the News Section. I never post anything Rangers. But a few people here do when it's relevant. Yet that's what I'm labeled. As a Rangers fan. I can write blogs on anything hockey related and it wouldn't change public opinion. I did a piece on the Sabres the other day and their surge. Unfortunately, they got blasted by the Blackhawks.

I don't need to defend myself. Hasan writes good posts about this team and has backbone. He doesn't believe in tanking. I am nice. I don't care about whose team is better. Hockey isn't life. It's sport. It's about time you started acting like it. Enjoy the games for what they are. A needless distraction. Enjoy being around friends and surround yourself with positive people. Do what makes you happy. Have a nice day.

You need more sentences. In your response. I don't think there is enough. Wonderful writing. Glad I don't. Waste time reading. Your site. 

Lol you're such a joke. Trying to give me life tips because I don't like the bs you spew. Go fvck yourself. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

You need more sentences. In your response. I don't think there is enough. Wonderful writing. Glad I don't. Waste time reading. Your site. 

Lol you're such a joke. Trying to give me life tips because I don't like the bs you spew. Go fvck yourself. 

Gotta admit, this was pretty funny.

As far as the Rangers fan is concerned...  when I first started posting here a few years ago it stuck out pretty quickly that there was a lone guy among us who posted occasionally, who happened to be a Rangers fan.  Odd, but whatever.  Free country. 

It didn't take long before I noticed the frequent link sharing and pumping of articles.  No harm in a shameless plug I guess, but it did seem a little like an attention grab or clickbait move.  I still don't mind it, but like others have said, a thread dedicated to your site might be more appropriate than dropping it in random threads where you feel it might have a tinge of relevancy.

All that's fine, but, starting a gameday thread, at a 1am?  Yeah, d1ck move man.  D1ck move.  I don't mind you posting here, you haven't said boo to me that I know of, and your posts that I've read over the years haven't really bothered me at all, but do us all a favor, as a Rangers fan, don't post a gameday thread here.  Even if we're playing the Rangers.  It's just tacky man.    

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

Eh it's silly arguments like this that's the reason I rarely post in this part of the forum anymore.  Does it really matter who starts a GDT?  It's just the first post in however many, I don't think there's some monetary reward for being a threadstarter here.  If Derek had posted my preview/thoughts in post #2 would it actually have been any different?  If you want to argue about him posting from his blog at all - albeit only my stuff - take it up with DM, but where in a thread he posts in (and what time of day it's posted) seems a bit of a frivolous thing to argue over imo.  It's not like he made a completely off-topic post to open the GDT either.

Plus he posts a link, it's not like anyone has to read it.  Everyone knows by now he posts my stuff here, and he says that's what it is in his post.  I don't link my stuff cause it's not my site and because writing there's more or less a hobby for me, basically an extension of posting on a board.  Plus I don't really want to push my stuff here if I'm not an everyday poster in the hockey folder.  Granted neither is Derek these days but it is his site and he wanted to get traffic for my stuff.  Obviously for his Ranger stuff he'll go on Ranger boards for that or wherever.  

Edited by NJDevs4978