Time Warner pulls the plug on sports programming

Satans Hockey

This could affect anyone who has Time Warner Cable like I do. My channels are shut off right now but im not a Mets fan so I don't need to go out and get a Direct TV right away. But come September and I don't have these channels back im going out and getting one because I need to watch the Devils, Islanders, and Rangers.

Aug 01, 2004

MSG NETWORKS STATEMENT ON TIME WARNER CABLE

Edited by NJDEVILICEONFIRE

Nothing really needs to be said. It's irrelevant to me at this point because they are a self-serving company. And they're ripping off cable customers. Eventually my family will switch to digital.

That's what we have at the moment. But that can change. Really, I blame Cablevi$ion for this. They are a bunch of jerks. They have been losing money with the Garden for a while and that's what it boils down to. If they weren't, I guarantee this wouldn't be the situation.

That's what we have at the moment. But that can change. Really, I blame Cablevi$ion for this. They are a bunch of jerks. They have been losing money with the Garden for a while and that's what it boils down to. If they weren't, I guarantee this wouldn't be the situation.

You said you were eventually going to switch to digital. I have digital cable from time warner cable and I don't have the channels. Did you mean something else?

You said you were eventually going to switch to digital. I have digital cable from time warner cable and I don't have the channels. Did you mean something else?

No. I think that's what we'll do. If you have digital, you're getting more channels for a better deal. So, they can't agree with the evil empire. Big deal. That's not on Time Warner. Right now, we have regular cable and it's terrible. There's not much to watch for a ridiculous cost of $90 and up.

I remember when I lived in CT, I had digital and paid $60 and got better channels. That's how I view it. F Cablevision.

No. I think that's what we'll do. If you have digital, you're getting more channels for a better deal. So, they can't agree with the evil empire. Big deal. That's not on Time Warner. Right now, we have regular cable and it's terrible. There's not much to watch for a ridiculous cost of $90 and up.

I remember when I lived in CT, I had digital and paid $60 and got better channels. That's how I view it. F Cablevision.

I still don't have the channels I want with digital cable because of this im calling someone tom. to complain and im going to tell them that i will get direct tv if they dont fix this by hockey season

This is on Cablevision. They are greedy bastards.

Amen.

I was coming here to post about this, but you guys beat me to it. FYI, both channels are off all over New York, not just in the city.

Albany Times Union

Syracuse Post-Standard

TW's Albany website doesn't have a statement about this yet, and I can't get into the NYC site. Up here they have a message on the channels where MSG and FSNY are supposed to be, but I'm too lazy to transcribe it right now. :P

wow who knew I moved to NJ in time to beat this ???

and my SI friends were mocking me ... heh

this really does suck though for you guys

im sure it will be fixed soon. Mets fans are flipping out right now. They don't want to hear from all the Devils, Rangers, Islanders, and Knicks fans who have Time Warner Cable

Time Warner already overcharges for their cable, digital or otherwise.

i'm not overly upset right now either-

BUT if i have to pay extra for center ice this year i will not be happy when i should be able to watch all the games as PART of my basic cable package.

I seem to remember them pulling a similar trick last summer though and the mets fans got so pissed that they backed down and made a deal.

greedy bastids

:kill:

Its a game they all play - YES did it to Cablevision , It's like they want to see how much users will complaint whle they determine their new hike. The cable industry has hosed the customers time and time again Does anyone know any more info regarding that story of the Mets/Devils creating their own network?

Right now I live in an apartment in which I cannot put up a satellite dish, so Im stuck with Calbevi$ion digital cable...but im looking to move to another place where I can get a dish....so my advice to anyone...if you can get DirectTV, just get it and you wont have to worry about all this...plus youll have the option to get the NFL package if you want

NHL Center Ice. Better then sliced bread... although I imagine all local games would be blackout for you...

o0o0o0o

i didn't realize they'd blackout local games.

I was hoping i could get center ice to catch devils games IF Slime Warner couldn't come to a deal.

NHL Center Ice. Better then sliced bread... although I imagine all local games would be blackout for you...

o0o0o0o

i didn't realize they'd blackout local games.

I was hoping i could get center ice to catch devils games IF Slime Warner couldn't come to a deal.

I live in Myrtle Beach and the Thrashers game are my blackouts; I don't know if they'd be blackedout there, but I imagine they would

All the cable outlets sukc!!!

I wanna know why any cable outlet could charge for Fox Sports, while MSG is part of basic. They are owned by the same company.

Does it cost more to program MSG than FSN?

Does that mean that the rights fees of the Knix & Rangers is far less than the total of the rights fees of the Devils & Isles? These are all the teams left.

Mets are split practically 50-50 on MSG & FSN with weekend games on Ch.11.

Does Comcast question this? No they just all take our money & run.

Has MSG's value decreased over the last 5 years, (no Yankees & no Nets).

You bet it has. Has my bill for MSG (incorporated in my basic channels) gone down? No, again, they all suckc!

wow who knew I moved to NJ in time to beat this ???

and my SI friends were mocking me ... heh

this really does suck though for you guys

im sure it will be fixed soon. Mets fans are flipping out right now. They don't want to hear from all the Devils, Rangers, Islanders, and Knicks fans who have Time Warner Cable

Time warner already heard from 1 Devils fan that I know of. Me and my wife called them lastnight and complaind.

Direct Tv, the way to go. I have had it for four years. Love it.

And Center Ice keeps me sane in the winter.