February 24th Elias night

Satans Hockey

37 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Nice! So we know Holik and Nieds will be in the house. Hopefully Marty is coming in for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nieds has really aged...I barely recognized him.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I reserved mine, I would do this now guys: https://newjerseydevils.formstack.com/forms/elias_puck_reservation

Done.  Was planning on going on 3/4 anyway.

• Like 1

Now all that has to happen is for MITB to work his awesome magic in creating an Elias retirement photo...because he couldn't have possibly done a better job with his Brodeur version...

And I'll overpay for an Elias mini-banner on eBay...it's what I do...

From the game day email... 

Tonight, the New Jersey Devils will retire Patrik Elias' #26 and raise it to the Prudential Center rafters. Devils legends Ken Daneyko, Scott Niedermayer, Scott Stevens, Martin Brodeur, Jason Arnott, Petr Sykora, Bobby Holik, Sergei Brylin and many more will be in attendance to show their admiration for Elias.

42 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Literally walked away with NO merch. All gone. Had to resort to eBay. What a joke.

That's sh!tty. What time did you get here? I was able to grab some of the stuff I wanted last game so only grabbed a puck I hadn't seen the other night and a shirt and a poster. I got everything I wanted except for a patch. Even got one of those ceremonial pucks from the stand that Patty was standing on during the speech.

I really don't know why they didn't make more of everything and setup tables on the concorse exclusively for Elias merch. 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The people who try to flip that stuff for double the price with pictures taken from their seat in the arena annoy the fvck out of me. 

It's why I don't understand why the Devils don't double/triple their orders of this stuff, it would have easily sold. 

I'm disappointed they didn't make a special program. The Marty one is amazing. 

That's sh!tty. What time did you get here? I was able to grab some of the stuff I wanted last game so only grabbed a puck I hadn't seen the other night and a shirt and a poster. I got everything I wanted except for a patch. Even got one of those ceremonial pucks from the stand that Patty was standing on during the speech.
 I really don't know why they didn't make more of everything and setup tables on the concorse exclusively for Elias merch. 

Got here about 4:45. Everything was gone by then.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Got here about 4:45. Everything was gone by then.

Posters and retirement small red pins were at the den for awhile. At least past the 1st intermission. I ended up going back towards the end of the 2nd period and grabbed a few of the pucks that were used in the elias ceremony. It's a cool little keepsake which I put in the elias retirement puck case. It was a fantastic night, best in a long time.

On 2/23/2018 at 3:28 PM, '7' said:

What could we have done at this point? We were extremely accommodating to him. He was a bad goalie that wanted to keep playing. Would he accepted the role here in NJ as a backup who make 14-16 starts a season while Cory starts 66-68? 

I'm not sure, Idk what exactly was said / offered by either party. So for me it was just a little disappointing as a fan and I'll probably never get to know which side contributed more to Marty leaving. 

To tie it back to Elias, it's all the more special that he finished his career with the Devils. I find it unique and noteworthy and something I wish I could say for #30.

5 hours ago, squishyx said:

I'm not sure, Idk what exactly was said / offered by either party. So for me it was just a little disappointing as a fan and I'll probably never get to know which side contributed more to Marty leaving. 

To tie it back to Elias, it's all the more special that he finished his career with the Devils. I find it unique and noteworthy and something I wish I could say for #30.

But you can't, and all you have to do is look at the balance of Marty's last two seasons to understand why.  He put up an .893 save% in his final 25 games of his Devils career, and still thought he could start somewhere...it was just time for both parties to move on, especially the Devils...no reason to grouse about what had become unavoidable, due to all of the circumstances involved (especially on Marty's side, as he simply hung on too long...been through it a million times, his choice to make, if it's what he needed for closure, so be it...no hard feelings...but sometimes you simply have to say "no").  You don't let guys Messier their way into overstaying their welcomes, to the detriment of everything and everyone.   

14 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

No patches whatsoever in the stores inside. Amazing that this team never orders enough of anything. It's like they hate making money.

Agree...these nights are few and far between...why do anything that can possibly take away from an otherwise perfect evening?  Fans WILL obviously happily buy this stuff if it's made available to them in reasonable quantities. 

On 2/25/2018 at 8:58 AM, mfitz804 said:

I believ the Marty Night patches sold out too. Then people paid $60 on eBay, then they became available at retail for $15.

If you didn’t get one, I’m guessing you will have your chance. 

Yeah they did sell out before the day of the Brodeur game too.  I mean this should allocate a certain amount and then save some for the actual day of the game.  Several of the store workers told me they sold out Thursday for the Elias patch.  

I do have to say though that while that is frustrating and I wish they could do better with this, I do like how they have more items in general.  When Stevens retired they had a stevens stick and bobblehead (with no mention of retirement), both are cool items, but could be better and then you had the red puck that they used for the others.  Dano just had the 1puck, Niedermayer had nothing and they released the red puck later in a different shade.

For Brodeur and Elias they had a nice retirement logo, retirement pins, multiple pucks, a detailed stick with stats and the retirement logo.  Definitely better job merchandising those 2.  only thing is I wish they still had the nice sga photo they gave out for the first 3 and no Elias program is crazy.  Every event night should have a program (not just Elias, but also the ring of honor last year should have had a program too as well as a patch and ring of honor puck).  

Does anyone have general email addresses to corporate, the store and marketing?  There were somethings I wanted to compliment them on while making suggestions.  Only email I know of is the general Devils website email which I assume some intern probably reads and doesn't send to anyone that actually makes decisions there.  The team use to list them, but now they just list #'s

also if enough of us complain about the patch and program maybe they will have a program eventually (they did that with the niedermayer puck releasing it later) and the patch should be released again.