GDT: Devils @ Capitals, 4/7/18, 7:00pm

mfitz804

39 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

I'll bet Nico was given the option to take the night off too but probably declined - just doesn't seem to be in his nature to take a night off... I'm 99% positive it had nothing to do with records or $$ or anything like that. 

So does that make him a selfish b!tch?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't see the issue with Ovechkin. He was not putting his team in a bad situation. Everyone else on the Caps wanted to help him get 50 goals. They were playing with a lead, and were not in danger of losing. Sure it's tough to watch as a Devils fan, when you're getting beat and the other team seems overly concerned about something other than just winning. I can tell you that if Hall was about to get 40 goals or 97 points on the last game of the season, I would be rooting for it to happen. If the team lets up defensively or loses a chance to win a game for that reason, that's another story.

About this game...

Before last night's game, Hynes had two really good lines that are likely set for the playoffs:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri for the main firepower 

Coleman-Zajac-Noesen for shutting lines down

As far as secondary scoring, it looks like last night he found another trio that works well in Wood-Zacha-Maroon. We lost the game, but seeing these guys creating a bunch of dangerous chances is definitely a positive to take away from that. Now we need to find a way to get Grabner to be productive.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nessus said:

I don't see the issue with Ovechkin. He was not putting his team in a bad situation. Everyone else on the Caps wanted to help him get 50 goals. They were playing with a lead, and were not in danger of losing. Sure it's tough to watch as a Devils fan, when you're getting beat and the other team seems overly concerned about something other than just winning. I can tell you that if Hall was about to get 40 goals or 97 points on the last game of the season, I would be rooting for it to happen. If the team lets up defensively or loses a chance to win a game for that reason, that's another story.

About this game...

Before last night's game, Hynes had two really good lines that are likely set for the playoffs:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri for the main firepower 

Coleman-Zajac-Noesen for shutting lines down

As far as secondary scoring, it looks like last night he found another trio that works well in Wood-Zacha-Maroon. We lost the game, but seeing these guys creating a bunch of dangerous chances is definitely a positive to take away from that. Now we need to find a way to get Grabner to be productive.

Or have Bratt take Grabner's  place?

One more bonus update - Nico this time - these kids were amazing this year!     

Devils Insiders‏ @DevilsInsiders   Among #NJDevils forwards (min. 42 GP), Nico Hischier finished Top-6 in Aggregate/Total TOI and Top-3 in +/-, which triggers two of his Schedule A bonuses for a combined payout of $425,000. Nico has now achieved three bonuses this season.

Speaking of the kids, an NHL.com article today mentioned that Nolan Patrick played 73 games, had 13 goals and 17 assists (30 pts) this season. 

Right above him, Jesper Bratt was mentioned. 74 games, 13 goals, 22 assists (35 points). Thought it was pretty cool how close they were. Go Bratter! 

• Like 3