GDT: Devils @ Capitals, 4/7/18, 7:00pm

mfitz804

3 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

you guys are acting like Ovechkin is retiring after the season. “Not a winning team”?! How “good of a team” were the caps before Ovechkin joined them?!?!?

Not good in the immediate years before ovechkin, but decent the previous ones and actually went to the finals 7 years before he was drafted.  In twelve years of ovechkin he has yes to go beyond the second round.

So a step back really.

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Hall is playing in his first playoffs and elected to rest.

ovechkin is trying to win his.... how many Rocket Richard’s does he have now? 

And again — this place practically squirted when rico and palms got #30 in game 82, on a team that wasn’t in the playoff push by Valentine’s Day. The only difference? They wear our sweater.

I can't speak for anyone else but myself. I don't remember the board going nuts but again, completely different situation with no playoffs ahead. That indeed was a pretty pathetic year though.

2 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Are you KIDDING me?!? Founded in 1974 and you’re calling ONE SINGLE SCF APPEARANCE as an example of me outside of reality?!?

That's still one more SCF appearance and one ECF that Ovi has never played in.

there have been worse teams that have lucked their way into the conference finals and SCF than the Ovechkin era caps.  Clearly something isn't working and the only constant in all those teams are him.

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So you ARE knocking Ovi for playing, just like I said. You aren’t very consistent with your arguments. 

OMG, this isn't that hard to understand. Hall is doing what is best for the team. Ovie is doing what is best for Ovie. If Player A wanted to play that alone isn't an issue, if he wants to play to chase stats, not so great. In any case I'm not condemning him, but again, bad optics considering that lack of playoff success on the part of the Caps and the exuberant celebration after each goal.

8 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Even past the boards. Go look at the over the top cellys from those goals! I was happy for two guys reaching a milestone. 

Can't speak for anyone but myself. I was happy for them sure. It was the only thing to be happy about after a poor season.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

OMG, this isn't that hard to understand. Hall is doing what is best for the team. Ovie is doing what is best for Ovie. If Player A wanted to play that alone isn't an issue, if he wants to play to chase stats, not so great. In any case I'm not condemning him, but again, bad optics considering that lack of playoff success on the part of the Caps the exuberant celebration after each goal.

It’s near impossible to understand. I said you can’t knock a guy for playing, you said nobody was, but then you knocked him for playing by saying Hall not playin* was the entire point. 

Or should he have played and stood at center ice while he was in arms reach of 50 goals?